** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Eurobasketball 9.4./15.4.

So a new week of Eurobasket. Let me start with Spanish Asobal pick!

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Etosa Alicante vs. C B Granada
Selection Under 149
Strength 10/10
Date 09/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.95 (Back)
Reasoning Game: Etosa Alicante vs. C B Granada Pick: Under 149 @ 1.95 Pinnacle 4/10 Reasoning: One of the slowest paced teams in Asobal league is hosting the injury plagued team from Granada. Juan Pedro Gutiérrez, Curtis Borchardt and Andrea Pecile are still out for the visitors (with the Pecile reated as doubtful) so they will have a really hard time when confronting the Alicante team. They might get help from new signing Scott Padget (Grizzlies, Rockets, 30 years, 2.05), but IMO with he really will be better once he knows the tactics of the team and his teammates. Also historicaly looking both teams twice on todays venue, and both games went under this total and also Etosa is the best defesive/worst offensive team at home, averaging scored/conceeded - 71 points, with Granada being the lowest scoring away team, and the fact they will be missing three players i see this total as a pretty good bet.

Re: Eurobasketball 9.4./15.4. Estosa Alicante C.B. Granada 84 : 77 (26 : 9 / 16 : 21/ 20 : 26 / 22 : 21) Third quarter the killer of the bet and then in last two minutes, free throws killed the bet completely..bad start of the week…

Re: Eurobasketball 9.4./15.4.

Sport Euro Basketball
Event Bremerhaven v Skyliners Frankfurt:
Selection Bremerhaven -7.5
Strength 10/10
Date 12/04/2007
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning If one looks at the table, there is no much difference between those two teams. Both still in fight for playoffs...but one look at the recent results and most importantly the thin roster of the visitors, well the suggested spread doesnt look so big anymore - btw - that one is the best offer atm of writing (Pinny already on -9). So lets first say that Bremerhaven are complete, with no injuries and just out of great comeback game vs. Trier away - they were if i remeber correctly about 20 points down already and won that game eventually with 86-77. So to the injury problems of the guests. First there will be no top-scorer and their best rebounder Travon Bryant - suspended for punching the Leerkusen player. There is no as i see longer injured Eric Chatfield and German national player Stefano Garris. They did bring some players in the team - Jemeil Rich, center Michael-Malik Benton and Michael Bauer. But still as the stats show the effect of Jimmy McKinney was reduced since the before mentioned Chatfield is injured (approximately 5 points lower each game). History also suggest the spread is for taking as those two met once this season and Bremerhaven won 64:84 in away game (also season before with then only one point). The last game in Bremerhaven finished with 94-78 for home team. So taking this one with medium stakes as maybe the away teams new recruits might have adapted to the team and tactic, but still much to many missings and a bad spell for them now not to take that bet 4/10

SportEuro Basketball
EventCSKA Moscow vs. Maccabi Elite
Selectionunder 146
Strength10/10
Date12/04/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.81 (Back)
ReasoningWell not many things to say about this pairing. CSKA is a no brainer under bet all around. With the fact, that this game is a decider should only mean that hands will be shaky and the nerves tight..so a probability of a low scorer is quite possible. The problem for the bet could be an tight game which could produce a lot of free throws in the last quarter and consequnetly easy points for either team. But looking at two previous games, these two played, under really shouldnt be in any danger at all. Both teams are complete and also familiar with each other, so probably there cant be no major surprises for either coach. If CSKA manage to stop Vujcic, imo a double digit win for them is pretty easy to imagine but anyway the spread looks really high for that high tension game, so i rather leave it alone in this case. Notice: bought 1.5 points, hence the lower odds Last two h2h in this series: 05/04-07 Maccabi Tel Aviv vs. CSKA Moscow 68:56 (124) 03/04-07 CSKA Moscow vs. Maccabi Tel Aviv 80:58 (138)

Re: Eurobasketball 9.4./15.4. i take Maccabi +13.5 no need for explanations, is a kinda final for both teams, we all considering cska as perhaps the better team in europe ( budget 30m euros) but they simply were very poor in tel aviv, maccabi to win, or to ,loose th game by max 13 points is my pick

Re: Eurobasketball 9.4./15.4. CSKA hosting Maccabi for this third and decisive encounter which will determine which team will go in the final four in Athens. But this one should be no brainer really. Mac cabi this year is in transition period, while CSKA is maybe playing best basketball ever. They won first game with 22pts, and then in second in ISrael a bit surprisingly lost, probably due to relaxation and also Maccabi showed how they can be good at home and showed us a glimpse of their old form few years back. But that was just a glimpse, last desperate chance and they took it. But now we are back again in Moscow, it's a decisive match and CSKA should be the real one again and dominate like they dominated the first match. First game ended with 22pts for Russians, I think now they will win again with more then 10pts and probably even more. Will LAY Maccabi +11AH, betfair @2.38. GL~

SportEuro Basketball
EventUnicaja Malaga x Barcelona
SelectionBarcelona
Strength10/10
Date12/04/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetandGame @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningThe Unicaja won the first game for 16 points but I believe that it will not be easy again for the Unicaja today, I believe that it will be a difficult game and both teams can be successful today. The Unicaja will play home, all the tickets had been vendidos, is a crucial game for both teams, but Unicaja will play today probably without Santiago and this is the main reason I to bet in the victory of barça

Re: Eurobasketball 9.4./15.4. Alba Berlin - Water Tubingen under 153.50 Alba throws up average in this season over 80 per match but they lose only 72 points.On other side Tubingen loses 74 per match and score 73.In first match both teans didnt score more than 150.Result:74-71.