Euro Hockey 7 - 8/4

Going to try International U18 again: Slovenia (U18) - Austria (U18)
Today, 20:00 Ice Hockey - International
Pick: Slovenia (U18) Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.85 Bookmaker: Bwin Second round of U18 WC, Divison I, Group A Results of the first round: Italy - Belarus 4:5 SO (0:3, 2:1, 2:0, 0:0, 0:1) Austria - Kazakhstan 4:3 (1:0, 2:1, 1:2) France - Slovenia 2:6 (1:1, 1:3, 0:2) Slovenia yesterday had the easiest opponent, they played pretty good and won it with ease. Austria made a big surprise wining against Kazahstan. Still Slovenia looks like a better team, also they are playing as hosts and moral is high after yesterdays win and Belarus draw with Italy. Slovenians are very optimistic about this one, they think they can promote and to show the difference between the opinions - i in local bookie shop have only 1.50 on Slovenia, i think that is more realistic odds and i'm willing to take Slovenia with the medium stakes @1.85...
Belarus (U18) - France (U18)
Today, 16:30 Ice Hockey - International
Pick: Belarus -2,5 Stake: 10/10 Odds: 1.60 Bookmaker: Bwin Second round of U18 WC, Divison I, Group A Results of the first round: Italy - Belarus 4:5 SO (0:3, 2:1, 2:0, 0:0, 0:1) Austria - Kazakhstan 4:3 (1:0, 2:1, 1:2) France - Slovenia 2:6 (1:1, 1:3, 0:2) After first day we have already two surprises. Belarus who was held as an favorite of the group made a first mistake and only draw with Italy in regular time. And Kazahstan who should be another top team in group was totally outplayed against Austria and lost 3:4. Only hosts Slovenia won like expected. Today Belarus must forget yesterdays game and take all three points if they want to promote. France is probably the weakest team and i think that Belarus will win them even easier then Slovenians. Class difference should be obvious and hopefully Belarus won't underestimate them as they did with Italy after 3:0 lead.
Denmark (U18) - Japan (U18)
Today, 20:00 Ice Hockey - International
Pick: Denmark -1,5 Stake: 7/10 Odds: 1.75 Bookmaker: Bwin Third round of U18 WC, Divison I, Group B Standings after two rounds: 1. Denmark W2-D0-L0 13:2 6 pts 2. Norway W2-D0-L0 13:6 6pts 3. Japan W2-D0-L0 10:4 6 pts 4. Ukraine W0-D0-L2 4:8 0 pts 5. Poland W0-D0-L2 5:15 0 pts 6. Great Britain W0-D0-L2 3:13 0 pts Results of Japan and Denmark so far: Denmark - Poland 9:1 Denmark - Ukraine 4:1 Japan - Ukraine 4:3 Japan - Great Britain 6:1 I rate Denmark the best in this group and they already showed it. They won Ukraine and never had to get out of second gear. Japan against Ukraine showed bad defensive play, against G.Britain both teams had easier training as Brits are probably the worst team in the group. This is first real test for Denmark and i think that Japan team is two clases below them. Denmark can cover this handicap.

Re: Euro Hockey, 07.04 And one Russian pick:

Kazan - Magnitogorsk
Today, 15:00 Ice Hockey - Russia
Pick: under 5.5 Stake: 6/10 Odds: 1.65 Bookmaker: Interwetten First game of the Finals and i don't expect any of teams to rush out and attack with all forces. Neither of teams won't have any bigger injury worries, Magnitka will miss important defender Bulin. Clash of the teams in different form, i'm not sure that Kazan is so heavy favorite here. Their first line isn't producive anymore and they had problems even with weaker teams. Especially away. At home they can crush anyone, but with good defense and good goalie it is possible to resist them. And Magnitogorsk has good goalie in Scott, probably the best goalie in Russia right now. I'm basing this pick mainly on Magnitka away games, they've played it four so far, wining three and losing only one, but that's not important. What is important is their style when playing away, they play defensivly, on counter attacks and they don't concede a lot, neither they score a lot. Until now all their away games were unders and i don't see it changing here. Kazan should be happy if they score two or three. Previous meetings this season: 2007-02-27 Ak Bars 6-2 M.Magnitogor 2006-11-18 Ak Bars 1-3 M.Magnitogor 2006-09-17 M.Magnitogor 1-3 Ak Bars and overall previous meetings suggest under. I'll follow the tradition.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.