My First Royal Flush

Dave488

Had my first royal flush last night, but not on the net, live at aspers in a cash game and i got paid!:nana :nana Was supposed to be plaing in £30 freezeout, but missed first hand so got a refund and invested in cash game on one of those computer tables. Was holding q2 spades and the flop comes akj of spades, so got the nut flush anyway, am first to act, so check hoping for a bet. Checked round and the turn is 10 spades! Now i just want to get paid, i think there is about £20 in the pot and put a bet out of £10 i think, first couple of players fold, then one guy pushes all in for about another £30:loon . Obviously the rest is history, he had 9 spades by the way. Still haven't hit a royal flush playing on the net for the last 2 years, but hit it playing my first live cash game, very nice feeling. Turned my £30 stake into £177 in about 4 hours, so glad that Mick gave us missing information that caused us to miss start of the tourney!:dude

Re: My First Royal Flush

Had my first royal flush last night, but not on the net, live at aspers in a cash game and i got paid!:nana :nana Was supposed to be plaing in £30 freezeout, but missed first hand so got a refund and invested in cash game on one of those computer tables. Was holding q2 spades and the flop comes akj of spades, so got the nut flush anyway, am first to act, so check hoping for a bet. Checked round and the turn is 10 spades! Now i just want to get paid, i think there is about £20 in the pot and put a bet out of £10 i think, first couple of players fold, then one guy pushes all in for about another £30:loon . Obviously the rest is history, he had 9 spades by the way. Still haven't hit a royal flush playing on the net for the last 2 years, but hit it playing my first live cash game, very nice feeling. Turned my £30 stake into £177 in about 4 hours, so glad that Mick gave us missing information that caused us to miss start of the tourney!:dude
Ah, well I had the priviledge of sitting beside you for a short period at that stupid, horrible, awful PokerPro. I was sat to your left until I got frustrated at getting muffed by 10d-8d with my sevens that I upped and left. :rollin

Ah, well I had the priviledge of sitting beside you for a short period at that stupid, horrible, awful PokerPro. I was sat to your left until I got frustrated at getting muffed by 10d-8d with my sevens that I upped and left. :rollin
Can't remember the hand as was getting a little drunk by then probably! Were you sat right next to me on my immediate left? As for the PokerPro table, i liked it, probably because of my Royal Flush and leaving with about 6 times what i started with.:loon Although was getting a bit sick of it pausing all the time and then the poker manager blaming us at the table, when it was the table that was faulty as they had to shut one seat down eventually.

Can't remember the hand as was getting a little drunk by then probably! Were you sat right next to me on my immediate left?
Yup. That dashingly handsome Scotsman was indeed me. I played on the PokerPros to take a break from the cash tables and find some fishy play. Sweet Jesus did I ever! That was my undoing :(. Still, congrats on the Royal Flush, especially getting paid on it, which is the hardest part of it.

Re: My First Royal Flush Have to agree H bomb, much easier to make money on that table as you tend to get the people who just want a go so to speak (fish), where as the serious players would prefer to play with proper cards. I did get quite a lot of good hands and hit the nuts quite a few times and would get called by alsorts of rubbish, which was nice, of course if i had been ridiculously outdrawn I would have not been quite so happy. Will be playing it again next time i'm there as any half decent player will make money on there imo.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: My First Royal Flush I see what you mean :ok. Shame, there is no "show folded cards" or Im blind :unsure. My first proper day on Pokerstars. Managed to deposit. Got $50 bonus (for 500pts). Played 3hrs for 85 pts and +$20. Oh and enter my 1st tournament. First hand AA all in busted by 67 :lol.

Shame, there is no "show folded cards" or Im blind :unsure. .
Hen, its under 'options' at the top of the lobby screen and if you click on the chip rack at the table you can bring up options there too. Congrats mate, can't believe its your first though! :eek

Hen, its under 'options' at the top of the lobby screen and if you click on the chip rack at the table you can bring up options there too.
I know where options are, but there is no option "show folded cards" :unsure.
Congrats mate, can't believe its your first though! :eek
Had 3 before in NLH, but this one is a 1st in Omaha ;).

:rollin I guess nobody else has played "Royal Hold'Em" on Ultimate Bet, then? :tongue2 I've been hammering the play money tables, even when I play any two suited cards to try to get a Royal Flush.
Now get back on the real money tables, I miss replying to your hands :ok Don't make me come over there... :rollin:rollin:rollin