PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April

GaF

PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April  

1. 1.

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April Think it's a good idea switching to a "Cup". It makes it easier for people to drop out when they're busy and back in when they have more time, and also puts some pressure on people not to leave their matches until the last minute. The only disadvantage is that people who get knocked out in the first round only get to play one match in the month. If people feel that is an issue, might it be an idea to have a "Plate" for the first-round losers? Another possibility would be a ladder of some kind?

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April I created an account on PartyGammon so I could take part in this. Now I need to know, why is the word "cube" offensive? I typed it in the chat my first game, came out as "c**e"? What can that possibly be about?

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April

I created an account on PartyGammon so I could take part in this. Now I need to know, why is the word "cube" offensive? I typed it in the chat my first game, came out as "c**e"? What can that possibly be about?
ub = UltimateBet. They obviously think that whenever anybody mentions "cube" or "double" they are trying to advertize the competition!

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April Bizarre. Censorship gone stark raving barmy. Is somebody going to slap me? I see that if I say a friend referred me, we both get freebies. Sorry. Bagsy I don't get slapdash in the first round. Tiger Woods, he looks like.

Think it's a good idea switching to a "Cup". It makes it easier for people to drop out when they're busy and back in when they have more time, and also puts some pressure on people not to leave their matches until the last minute. The only disadvantage is that people who get knocked out in the first round only get to play one match in the month. If people feel that is an issue, might it be an idea to have a "Plate" for the first-round losers? Another possibility would be a ladder of some kind?
The intention is that everyone gets 4 games (maybe 3 with byes)... The winners will continue through to a final like a normal cup competition.... After that all those who have won the same number of games will be pooled/drawn together ...... so there will be finishing positions for everyone .... not just "knocked out in first round" (I actually dont know what a "plate" is, but presume it's a cup competition for losers?) Going forward .... a ladder would be great (it was how I wanted to do it originally, but I couldn't remember how to do it :unsure Trying to remember my chess ladder at school :$) - The issue is "erosion" ..... if someone doesn't play for a while, how do you work it so that they drop down the ladder? I was thinking that a ladder would really work best when a "club" meet up at the same time every week for example ...... If you can see a practical way for it to work, definitely interested in giving it a go :ok

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April gg Elm :ok Have put the draw in post 1 (rather than post 17!!) Just a reminder - if you dont play your first round games BEFORE Wednesday 18:00 BST, then your games take place at 18:00 BST Wednesday .... if either opponent is not present, they forfeit the game ..... if both are absent, bith forfeit the game ....... best to try and play your game in advance :ok

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April gg Mr V:ok I got some really lucky dice there, wish I could get rivers like that:D GaF, I won, but for future reference is the winner on points or games?:unsure I've got to go out now but I'll be around tomorrow and early wednesday if Silverun is about

GaF, I won, but for future reference is the winner on points or games?:unsure
Well done mate - winner is first one to 9 points :ok Mr V - you'll be back in the "plate" after Wednesdays games :ok

Re: PuntersLounge Backgammon Cup - April 6ooner - you and Silverun have a bit more time as your fixture was only decided late (a max of 1 week from when you beat Mr V) Pocket Lady awarded the game v Tax Monkey :ok Will update the draw (and add the "plate") later on this evening :ok