5000 Hand review

GaF

Just put a short review of my Crypto Database on my blog ..... but dont feel I've learnt much from looking at it ... I dont work my DB well enough at all ..... any thoughts what I should be looking at? Any questions on my play? (come on - fire away - I'll give away all my secrets!!! :lol :lol) Any questions on particular hands/scenarios? Any thoughts on what I could do better?

Saturday, March 17, 2007 5000 Hand Review In the grand scheme of things, 5000 hands isn't many at all!! But my crypto Poker Tracker database now has just over 5000 cash hands stored in it, so time for a quick review...... I have been playing cash at Parbet to get the raked hands required to enter their fortnightly $10,000 raked hands freeroll. First the good news ..... I aspire to be an Eagle, but usually end up a mouse - the difference being the percentage of pre flop raises - an eagle is greater than 7%, a mouse is less than 7%. Well, over these 5,386 hands I have made it as an eagle, showing pre flop raises of 7.15%, JUST over the 7% threshold. Most of my additional raises have been positional raises when first into the pot on the button or cut off. Overall these seem to have been quite successful (but we will see!!!) Overall, I have made a profit of $43.27 (2.11 BB/100), not far ahead of break even - but add in my Raked Hands Freeroll winnings and I show a healthy profit!! My $20 investment (deposit) in Parbet 2 months ago in January has allowed me to build my balance to where it is today .... just over $2700!!!! I have played at 3 levels, and surprisingly my most profitable level was 50c/$1 - but I put this down to small numbers as much as anything..... 50c/$1 - 1130 Hands - $74.33 Profit - 6.58 BB/100 25c/50c - 423 Hands - $81.90 Loss - (38.72) BB/100 15c/25c - 3833 Hands - $50.84 Profit - $50.84 BB/100 Lets start by looking at some specific hands. AA. Who says they NEVER win? Actually they NEVER lose!!!! I've been dealt AA 18 times and I have won with AA 18 times - a 100% strike rate!! I make a profit of 11.43 BB/Hand with them. Very nice thank-you!! I won 10 times when my opponents folded, 5 times they won at showdown without improving, twice they won as 2 pair and once as trips. JTs This is my second most profitable hand!!! A bit of a revelation for me - I really feel I'm playing my connectors better these days and am reaping the rewards!! I have been dealt JTs 17 times, winning 41% of the time for an average 5.53 BB/Hand. Having said that, the vast majority of the profit came on one hand where I won 87 BB!!!! 33 My worst hand. Dealt it 24 times for a loss of an average 3.23 BB/Hand. However that is accounted for by just one hand where I flopped a 3 and 44 flopped a 4 ..... no getting away from that so it doesnt worry me at all. Position This is where I feel my game has developed most recently, and I've really started playing position!!! Button: I have won $249.01 / 0.55BB/Hand. I raise pre flop13.5% of the time from here and Vol.Put$inPot 23 % of the time. Blinds: Overall I have lost $283 in the blinds, BUT have had to pay $395 in Blinds. My play has therefore shown a profit of $112 (over doing nothing), which I presume is ok :)