GBU: T8o, AQo, **

GaF

Game #3494454353: Hold'em NL ($0.50/$1) - 2007/03/17 - 00:57:13 (CET) Table "Jacinta" Seat 7 is the button. Seat 1: djibril99 ($125 in chips) Seat 2: drsub ($100.75 in chips) Seat 3: mrwollau ($103.50 in chips) Seat 4: gomenaki ($45.50 in chips) Seat 5: Maintop ($155.62 in chips) Seat 6: DAZZLING ($29.58 in chips) Seat 7: Telepe ($98.25 in chips) Seat 8: Eazyrider ($69.75 in chips) Seat 9: lange2500 ($85 in chips) Seat 10: agaton ($48 in chips) Eazyrider: posts small blind $0.50 lange2500: posts big blind $1 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Telepe [Td 8h] agaton: folds djibril99: calls $1 drsub: folds mrwollau: folds gomenaki: folds Maintop: folds DAZZLING: folds Telepe: raises to $4 Eazyrider: folds lange2500: folds djibril99: calls $3 ----- FLOP ----- [2s 8s Th] djibril99: checks Telepe: bets $5 djibril99: calls $5 ----- TURN ----- [2s 8s Th][4h] djibril99: bets $13 Telepe: raises to $40 djibril99: raises to $116 and is all-in Telepe: is all-in $49.25 Returned uncalled bets $26.75 to djibril99 ----- RIVER ----- [2s 8s Th 4h][2h] ----- SHOW DOWN ----- djibril99: shows [Tc Qc] (Two Pairs, Tens and Twos, Queen high) Telepe: shows [Td 8h] (Two Pairs, Tens and Eights, Four high) Telepe collected $195 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot $198 Main pot $195 Rake $3 Board [2s 8s Th 4h 2h] Seat 1: djibril99 showed [Tc Qc] and lost with Two Pairs, Tens and Twos, Queen high Seat 2: drsub folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: mrwollau folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: gomenaki folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: Maintop folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: DAZZLING folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: Telepe (button) showed [Td 8h] and won ($195) with Two Pairs, Tens and Eights, Four high Seat 8: Eazyrider (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 9: lange2500 (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: agaton folded before Flop (didn't bet) ****HAND ENDS****
This was a great hand :-) djibril99 was a player I had pegged down as one of the best players at the tables tonight..... He was multitabling, and doing great on all of his tables. He seemed to be up against me a lot and always seemed to be calling and raising me .... I just didn't seem able to shake him off..... He limped into the pot in early position (something he was doing a lot - so that didn't indicate any kind of a hand) everyone else folded arounnd to me on the button. I didn't have a great hand, BUT did have position - so I bet that - 4xBB - happy to take down the $2.50 in the pot. I had been playing quite tight and when I had raised (and showed down) I generally had strong hands (AK, AQ or high PP). I think my opponent therefore put me on a fairly narrow range of cards - T8o was not something I could be playing in his mind!!! I got the dream flop - top 2 pair and I don't think he could put me on that at all - I dont think he could put me on a Ten either - he was convinced I had AK or maybe AQ!! :-) I made my standard continuation bet as I had been doing all night with or without the hands..... he called He then bet the turn. I suspected the flush draw, so reraised him substantially - he went all in - I was now terrified of trips ...... but I couldn't get away from top two pair at that point.....so called ...... was amazed when he turned over QT for a pair of Tens, Queen kicker!!! Happy days!!!!!
Game #3490545093: Hold'em NL ($0.50/$1) - 2007/03/16 - 20:57:14 (CET) Table "Salome" Seat 3 is the button. Seat 1: Festar ($90.75 in chips) Seat 2: Jackster ($82 in chips) Seat 3: hanna85 ($203 in chips) Seat 4: jpheikk2 ($68.50 in chips) Seat 5: twiki ($100 in chips) Seat 6: Ironmn721 ($107.50 in chips) Seat 7: MknFuppet ($96.50 in chips) Seat 8: Telepe ($103.75 in chips) Seat 9: dellii ($26.75 in chips) Seat 10: HattoriH ($106 in chips) jpheikk2: posts small blind $0.50 twiki: posts big blind $1 ----- HOLE CARDS ----- dealt to Telepe [Ad Qs] Ironmn721: folds MknFuppet: calls $1 Telepe: calls $1 dellii: folds HattoriH: folds Festar: folds Jackster: folds hanna85: folds jpheikk2: folds twiki: checks ----- FLOP ----- [7h 8h Ac] twiki: checks MknFuppet: bets $2 Telepe: raises to $5 twiki: folds MknFuppet: calls $3 ----- TURN ----- [7h 8h Ac][6s] MknFuppet: checks Telepe: bets $10 MknFuppet: raises to $30 Telepe: calls $20 ----- RIVER ----- [7h 8h Ac 6s][Js] MknFuppet: bets $60.50 and is all-in Telepe: calls $60.50 ----- SHOW DOWN ----- MknFuppet: shows [Ts 9s] (A Straight, Jack high) Telepe: shows [Ad Qs] (A Pair of Aces, Queen high) MknFuppet collected $191.50 from Main pot ----- SUMMARY ----- Total pot $194.50 Main pot $191.50 Rake $3 Board [7h 8h Ac 6s Js] Seat 1: Festar folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 2: Jackster folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: hanna85 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: jpheikk2 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 5: twiki (big blind) folded on the Flop Seat 6: Ironmn721 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: MknFuppet showed [Ts 9s] and won ($191.50) with A Straight, Jack high Seat 8: Telepe showed [Ad Qs] and lost with A Pair of Aces, Queen high Seat 9: dellii folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 10: HattoriH folded before Flop (didn't bet) ****HAND ENDS****
I wish I could tell you what I was thinking here, but I haven't a clue ..... answers on a postcard please!!!!!
I don't do Ugly!!!

Re: GBU: T8o, AQo, ** hand 1: yup all good, surprising raise, i must assume you felt you'd established a good tight table image to be able to pull this raise off. good flop, easy calls all the way down. (note: for the following i only play shorthanded) personally i find that rather than exploiting your tight image by taking blinds, exploit it by re-raising with marginal hands that you dont mind seeing a flop with if you do get a call. e.g. a person with a pfraise of anything over 12% raises from button or cutoff, standard 4 or 5 bb raise, max 1 limper, you're holding any suited connector 67+ or suited ace, and your pfraise is 8% or lower i would re-raise 3-4x the aggressors bet and (at $0.50/$1) i'm showing they laydown 75% of the time, and i win 85% with a continuation bet if they call. the rest is mixed between laying down on the flop and winning from actually hitting something. however i wouldnt make the re-raise with a low/mid pair. i'd always flat call and look to hit the set for implied odds. hand 2: your flop re-raise is WAY too low and although i realise you're in early position with the AQo, its just not a hand you can limp with, i'd put out a 5xbb raise right there, and would most probably have chased that 9Ts off, if not, there would be (assuming no-one else called) $11.50 in the pot at the flop, i would then have bet out about $8 or $9 to remove odds for the flush draw, if he still called (technically he gets implied odds if he thinks you'll call when he hits) and this happens: pot: $27.50 MknFuppet: checks Telepe: bets $15 MknFuppet: raises to $45 Telepe: (DOES NOT call) Folds you're beat, lay it down. you made the right moves and by NOT calling the re-raise you dont give him the implied odds he needed to justify the preflop and flop calls combined. hopefully he will realise this for the future, and you'll take down more pots against him uncontested. i can see that you're thinking he was playing the flush draw and missed looking to scare off with a 9, but the re-raise on the turn is just so not callable with only one pair.