where did your user name come from?

teaulc

ok people,being the nosey bastid that i am,why did you choose the user-name you have??? mine is pretty obvious,being a big fan of stargate sg1 i chose to have the big black muvver as it was easier and i am nothing like him..... unfortunately when i started on line the places i joined wouldnt let me use anything spiderman related so chose the next best thing.. i also use sir auron (my avatar at the mo) as i am a final fantasy 10 fanatic and i really like this character...mind you i am blown away by final fantasy 12 at mo..........

Re: where did your user name come from? Yours wasn't that obvious!!! Maybe cos I dont watch stargate !!!!!! Have never played any of the Final Fantasy Series either :loon :loon Feel I've probably "missed out" - keep meaning to get my hands on an "evaluation copy".... Telepee is just a play on my initials T L P

Re: where did your user name come from? Daft Pegasus - I tried to join an online Chess site and put in my usual log in at the time which was a play on my name. It said that was already taken (I can believe that since neither my forename or surname are particualrly common) but it suggested a number of alternatives one of which was Daft Pegasus. I liked it and it stuck! I play a lot of Poker using De Wolf (which I now wish I didn't as it implies I'm copying Roland) but this goes back years as it was the name I used to use as a kid when you had to enter a name on a computer game. Having an unusual name myself I used to invent what I though were more exciting names for playing games - Sebastian De Wolf was one of those.

Re: where did your user name come from? I can't imagine anyone has too hard a time guessing where my username came from:loon !! For my sins, I am a lifelong Watford fan. The happy element is my e/mail address. To keep my opponents guessing at the poker tables, I also use a baffling array of nicknames: hornet, hornet1, and hornet01!! Clever, eh?:lol

Re: where did your user name come from? I played final fantasy 7 and 8 on the PC and think they are some of the best games out, gave up playing computer games when I started playing poker online but think I may buy a PS2 or PS3 and play final fantasy 12 which I hear is worth having. I have 2 usernames. Hedonist is similar to my own name and a non poker forum I joined suggested it when my own name was taken. Amarillo4 followed from my watching a video of a football match between Portsmouth (my team) and Southampton when we won 4-1 and the crowd were constantly singing 'show me the way to Amarillo' with slightly different words :lol

Re: where did your user name come from? H-Bomb? First letter of my surname and the bomb comes from my ability to blow up at the poker table (not so much losing my temper, just my chips playing like an over-aggressive chump. Luckily, I'm learning to curb that). I play online as Mantaur. Half-man, half-bull. The nature of my play.

Re: where did your user name come from? way back in the day just after unreal tournament came out i had an awesome £35 per month local rate 56k dialup connection i had to choose a name to play online with. i'd seen someone play on WON c&c (original) with a similar name and decided i liked it. its stuck ever since. on sites i'll find variations of it, the 79th comes from my first ever 'clan' which was in a game called Freespace 2 (space ship battle flight type sim) which i started playing in about 1998, my squadron was called 79th Excalibur (think air force division names) so i often shorten or extend Masterplan with it. please note, i'm very pedantic about the spelling and capitalisation, its a capital M and the rest lower case, it distinguishes me from several MasterPlan's i've seen around. afaik (as far as i know) i'm the earliest Masterplan to become present on the internet (According to my ICQ number) not interesting but there u go :)

Re: where did your user name come from? Mr V suggested mine as I was one of the first girlies on here and pocket ladies being a poker hand. The majority of my table names are pocketlady or PL lady related exept for the 2 sites that i had pre- PL. On those I am Histart. :loon (as in his tart not hi-start or hist-art)

Re: where did your user name come from? Mine was my son's nickname and I decided to nick it off him. Daddio is what I always play PC games as but thought that would be a bit daft on a forum. Original poker name...started to type Dodger, but only got as far as Do, then realised I didn't want to link my poker with my betfair forum name so finished off the username with user...hence Douser. However now I'm quite proud of being a PL member so I try to use PLDodger or DodgerPL wherever possible. ..By the way Teaulc...why the added ''u'' ??? Surely it is just Tealc ??? (my favourite SG1 character too!...and the episode where he is testing the computer fighting simulation and it won't let him out is my favourite ever episode!)

Re: where did your user name come from? well mines easy jones is my surname and i can only count to 5 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol other names pljones is poker legend jones :lol :lol :lol :lol punters lounge really and on some sites flutieman73 i aint telling you because its DEEP DEEP PERSONAL ;) a bit like dodger with pl(punters lounge) im proud to be a member and having been on a few PL meets they do a lot for us in return :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Re: where did your user name come from? Voiceofjoe - is meant to indicate that I represent the thoughts of the 'working class' man - ('Joe' being Joe Public) On some sites I'm known as Roger_Melly - which stems from the character in Viz, I was given the 'monicker' by my missus when I was picked to go on a gameshow. I won a TV, so I became her 'Roger Melly' who won her a Telly. I also go by the name of AngusRut - which is a Poker Related Anagram (anyone work it out ?) and Wadhead - because I wear 'wads' (I'm assuming the term 'wads' is common slang ?? - or is it just something we use in Derbyshire ??):unsure

Re: where did your user name come from?

Mine was my son's nickname and I decided to nick it off him. Daddio is what I always play PC games as but thought that would be a bit daft on a forum. Original poker name...started to type Dodger, but only got as far as Do, then realised I didn't want to link my poker with my betfair forum name so finished off the username with user...hence Douser. However now I'm quite proud of being a PL member so I try to use PLDodger or DodgerPL wherever possible. ..By the way Teaulc...why the added ''u'' ??? Surely it is just Tealc ??? (my favourite SG1 character too!...and the episode where he is testing the computer fighting simulation and it won't let him out is my favourite ever episode!)
do you know what? i have no idea where the `u` came from,maybe cos some sites don`t recognise the ` .....or just that i am shite at spelling:dude

Voiceofjoe - is meant to indicate that I represent the thoughts of the 'working class' man - ('Joe' being Joe Public) On some sites I'm known as Roger_Melly - which stems from the character in Viz, I was given the 'monicker' by my missus when I was picked to go on a gameshow. I won a TV, so I became her 'Roger Melly' who won her a Telly. I also go by the name of AngusRut - which is a Poker Related Anagram (anyone work it out ?) and Wadhead - because I wear 'wads' (I'm assuming the term 'wads' is common slang ?? - or is it just something we use in Derbyshire ??):unsure
internet search found : A GRUNT US A GNUS RUT A GUNS RUT A SNUG RUT A SUNG RUT A GNU RUTS A GNU RUST A GUN RUTS A GUN RUST A RUGS TUN A RUGS NUT A RUG STUN A RUG NUTS A RUG TUNS A GUST URN A GUST RUN A GUTS URN A GUTS RUN A TUGS URN A TUGS RUN A GUT RUNS A GUT URNS A TUG RUNS A TUG URNS NAG RUT US GAR TUN US GAR NUT US RAG TUN US RAG NUT US SUGAR TUN SUGAR NUT SAG NU RUT GAS NU RUT TAG URN US TAG RUN US RAN GUT US RAN TUG US TANS GURU ANTS GURU AUNTS RUG TUNAS RUG TAN GURUS TAN RUG US ANT GURUS ANT RUG US TUNA RUGS AUNT RUGS TAR GNU US TAR GUN US ART GNU US ART GUN US RAT GNU US RAT GUN US AS GNU RUT AS GUN RUT AS RUG TUN AS RUG NUT AS GUT URN AS GUT RUN AS TUG URN AS TUG RUN SAT RUG NU TAUS RUNG AT RUNG US AT RUGS NU AT RUG SUN AT RUG NUS TAU RUNGS i cant see any poker related terms there

do you know what? i have no idea where the `u` came from' date='maybe cos some sites don`t recognise the ` .....or just that i am shite at spelling:dude[/quote'] How are you suppposed to pronounce it -give me a 'normal' word it rhymes with ??

Right quick while the Wife's in bed. Wife is called Jo and the barmaid was called Mel (that's true:lol) Its also named after a good flat horse that did me well over the years.
lmao :lol :lol :lol :lol :ok :ok :moon :moon :moon :spank :spank :spank :dude :dude :dude