GBU: 87o cut-off, 86o BB, xx

GaF

***** Hand 557529010 ***** 0.25/0.50 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 12 March 2007 17:29:21 Table TH 497 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: Pascha05 (39.30) Seat 3: Maichi22 (19.50) Seat 4: EK$AJ (51.80) Seat 5: Telepe (50.00) Seat 6: yukljumZ (59.50) Seat 7: Mette2 (12.45) Seat 8: hamba (41.52) Seat 9: Grass82 (48.25) Seat 10: hobel04 (61.63) Mette2 post SB 0.25 hamba post BB 0.50 ** Deal ** Pascha05 [N/A, N/A] Maichi22 [N/A, N/A] EK$AJ [N/A, N/A] Telepe [8s, 7c] yukljumZ [N/A, N/A] Mette2 [N/A, N/A] hamba [N/A, N/A] Grass82 [N/A, N/A] hobel04 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** Grass82 Fold hobel04 Call 0.50 Pascha05 Fold Maichi22 Call 0.50 EK$AJ Fold Telepe Raise to 2.00 yukljumZ Fold Mette2 Fold hamba Call 2.00 hobel04 Call 2.00 Maichi22 Call 2.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [8c, 3s, 8h] *** Bet Round 2 *** hamba Check hobel04 Bet 2.00 Maichi22 Fold Telepe Raise to 6.00 hamba Fold hobel04 Call 6.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [8c, 3s, 8h, Ad] *** Bet Round 3 *** hobel04 Check Telepe Bet 13.00 hobel04 Call 13.00 *** River(Board): *** : [8c, 3s, 8h, Ad, 3c] *** Bet Round 4 *** hobel04 Check Telepe Bet 18.00 hobel04 Call 18.00 *** Showdown *** : Rake: 3.00 Total Pot: 79.25 Telepe [8s, 7c] Full house Win :79.25 hobel04 Muck Win :0.00
I have 87o - so I'm not in this for the cards!!! I'm in the cut off, so I'm only interested in the hand at all for POSITION!!! Two limpers before me. I decide to raise. Why? 1) Hope to thin the field 2) Hope to get the button to fold, and therefore have position 3) Mislead others on my hand My bet doesn't really thin the field, but the button folds, so I do have position!! Big Blind and 2 original limpers call - Four of us see the flop. Dream flop!! I flop trip 8's!! I AM worried about my kicker, but nothing I can do about that - if the other 8 is out there and they have a higher kicker, I am "happy" to lose my stack to them!! Big Blind checks. Original Limper puts in a weak bet. Second limper folds. Action to me.I'm not slow playing this - the board is non threatening - no straight or flush draws out there, so maybe I could have given a card, but I like to play my big cards hard, ESPECIALLY where I believe there are bad players who will call with worse/poor hands (this is my first foray into Boss 25c/50c cash tables, but I got the impression the standard was pretty poor). I raise $4 to $6. With hindsight I don't like this - it's too small a reraise and stinks of strength!! I wish I had put in a slightly larger bet!! The Big Blind folds, The original limper calls. We are Heads Up. The Ad comes on the turn - completing the rainbow - no flushes to worry about. No Straights to worry about either (as bad as I think the players are, I cant imagine they are playing 24 or 45 given my pre flop raise!!!) Opponent checks, I bet $13 into the $20 pot. He calls. I am worried by my opponent here and him having 8x is a definite possibility!!! Not sure what else I can put him on ..... A3? a Pocket pair? The 3c on the River remove any fears over my kicker. Only hands beating me now are 33 and AA - if he has them, I'm going broke, so not worried about them!!! I want to get a call on the end and bet $18 into the $46 pot. He obliges. Clearly he had something!!! Unfortunately I'll never know what!!!
***** Hand 557525042 ***** 0.25/0.50 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 12 March 2007 17:25:05 Table TH 497 (Real /Cash Game ) Seat 1: Pascha05 (36.35) Seat 3: Maichi22 (0.00) Seat 4: EK$AJ (47.50) Seat 5: Telepe (42.00) Seat 6: yukljumZ (49.50) Seat 7: Mette2 (13.45) Seat 8: hamba (45.52) Seat 9: Grass82 (48.25) Seat 10: hobel04 (62.13) EK$AJ post SB 0.25 Telepe post BB 0.50 ** Deal ** Pascha05 [N/A, N/A] EK$AJ [N/A, N/A] Telepe [8s, 6h] yukljumZ [N/A, N/A] Mette2 [N/A, N/A] hamba [N/A, N/A] Grass82 [N/A, N/A] hobel04 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** yukljumZ Fold Mette2 Fold hamba Call 0.50 Grass82 Fold hobel04 Call 0.50 Pascha05 Call 0.50 EK$AJ Call 0.50 Telepe Check *** Flop(Board): *** : [7h, 5c, 2d] *** Bet Round 2 *** EK$AJ Check Telepe Bet 1.50 hamba Fold hobel04 Fold Pascha05 Call 1.50 EK$AJ Call 1.50 *** Turn(Board): *** : [7h, 5c, 2d, Jc] *** Bet Round 3 *** EK$AJ Check Telepe Check Pascha05 Bet 3.00 EK$AJ Fold Telepe Call 3.00 *** River(Board): *** : [7h, 5c, 2d, Jc, 7d] *** Bet Round 4 *** Telepe Check Pascha05 Bet 0.50 Telepe Raise to 9.00 Pascha05 Raise to 17.50 Telepe Fold *** Showdown *** : Rake: 1.55 Total Pot: 29.45 Pascha05 By default Win :29.45
I'm the Big Blind and five of us get to see a flop!! A nice rainbow flop for my 86o - I flop the up and down straight draw. I bet out $1.50 into the $2.50 pot, starting to build a pot (or taking it down now)!!!! About 30% of the time I will have the straight by the showdown!! I get 2 callers and 2 folders. The turn comes a blank for me. 2nd to act I check hoping for a free card, but the guy in position correctly doesn't let me have it and bets $3 into the $7 pot. I am getting 3-1 (and with implied odds) happy to call. The board pairs and I cannot win this hand without betting, but I decide to let it go with the intention of check folding!! My opponent then bets 50c into the $13 pot!!!! I read that as a VERY weak bet - and decide he has missed his draw (did he have something like AcTc, calling the flop with 2 overcards ??) - like me he believes that a bet is the only way he can win this hand!!! So I check raise him and come over the top, betting $9 into the $13 pot. He re raises me and I HAVE to let it go......What on earth did he have? Did he come over the top of me with nothing? I dont think so, but WTF was his 50c bet on the end?? However much I dont like his play - mine wasnt good either!!! I should have just let it go!!
I dont do Ugly (very often ;) )

Re: GBU: 87o cut-off, 86o BB, xx

1st hand I would have gone all in on the river hoping he got the ace. Think he would have called.
Yes - I think you're right!!! What do you think he had? If it was an Ace, surely only A3?

Re: GBU: 87o cut-off, 86o BB, xx 1st Hand - Very Nice, although personally i'd be more likely to have just limped rather than raise. But can see your reasoning. With that flop I may have won more anyway than your raising did - just a point that you mention implied odds in the second hand, yet by keeping more people in the first hand your implied odds become far greater ?? As to his hand I agree A3 is very possible - If it had been on other sites you would have found out even though they mucked it - bloody prima! Second hand, i can understand the raise with the draws - can be extremley profitable. The call of his 10-3 bet isn't great, personally i may have folded there, but i have hindsight -and you have knowledge of your opponent - so its unfair to criticise. Although your Pot Odds aren't great (at a quick estimate - you have 6 almost certain winning outs - i wouldn't be happy if another club dropped - but the strait is so well hidden that i feel he would pay big time if you hit it - so your paying 10/3 for an 8/1 (12% appx)). The last 'weak' bet - quite a few 'poor' players do this i find to entice exactly what you did - i.e go over the top big style - then reraise big. I know the only way to win the pot is by betting, but you seemed resigned to losing it anyway- you surely weren't planning a check raise ?? - so i would have just paid the extar 0.50c to see him - or even folded like a big girl !! - although you would have obtained info for later if you had called him.