How My Dinning Room Cost me 120k

We have a holiday home on the Kent coast which we go to every weekend. Love the place....Golf, Betting and of course Drinking. :beer One day the wife asked if we could decorate the dinning room instead of going away for the weekend. I replied "Of course we can, get all we need and I'll get it done over the weekend". Me thinking no chance of her getting all the stuff. :ok Well she called my bluff and got the lot. Paint, paper, curtains, carpet, the lot. Bollox.....commited now. :( Over the summer I had been doing all of Dettori's mounts at the weekend with some good wins..................If only I knew. :\ So there I am, Sunday evening and all I've got to do is lay the carpet and hang the curtains and I'm done. :ok Phones rings, " Who was that love??" No answer "Oi, Who was that??" Err, no one was the reply. She told me later it was her brother, who knew about the bets on Dettori I had been doing all summer and wanted to know how much I had won. :( She said she wanted to let me finish the room before she told me. :@ :@ :@ Then the punchline came........"He had all 7 up".....I didn't know whether to :@ or :lol or :cry I think I was close to :puke I got straight on the phone to her brother who told me he had worked it out to around 120k. I was in a daze for a week and have never had much luck on the horses since. She has several times since asked for the dinning room to be decorated and my reply is always the same............... "That dinning room has cost me 120k and it won't be done in my lifetime". :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall So that's the story how my dinning room cost me 120k. Mind you I did once put a 150 watt lightbulb in as she said it needed decorating as it was too dark in there. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.