Rugby League: Super League - Round 5

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5

Two bets stand out for me tonight thats 13/8 for a 40/20 with Bet365, Briers and Long are maybe the best exponents of this play and i'm sure both will be attempting to land them. And i'm looking for Stephen Tyrer to keep the form he showed last week against Bradford and bag himself another try @ 9/4 with Skybet. Also worth a look at him as first/last tryscorer @ 25's also at Skybet.
I like that 40/20 one mate....like you say, the two very best in the business are on show tonight :hope

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Great thread as per usual guys. Have been reading and picking up tips for a while now and have been very impressed. IMO one of the best threads on PL, so keep it up! Have finally decided to have a go with my bets tonight. Reasoning is mostly same as already written so won't bother repeating. Will try and give my reasoning next time I got a small interest on Saints -4 tonight 1.9 sporting odds, but main bet is Saints Leeds double for this week. Playing it safe just on straight win but returns just under evens so hopefully they can do the business. Good luck to all and keep up the good work!

And i'm looking for Stephen Tyrer to keep the form he showed last week against Bradford and bag himself another try @ 9/4 with Skybet. Also worth a look at him as first/last tryscorer @ 25's also at Skybet.
18th man :eek can't belive it after last weeks performance. Gonna switch to Gilmour for first/last scorer still good value a 20's, 3 tries so far so here's hoping he can land first or get a late one :hope

Great thread as per usual guys. Have been reading and picking up tips for a while now and have been very impressed. IMO one of the best threads on PL, so keep it up! Have finally decided to have a go with my bets tonight. Reasoning is mostly same as already written so won't bother repeating. Will try and give my reasoning next time I got a small interest on Saints -4 tonight 1.9 sporting odds, but main bet is Saints Leeds double for this week. Playing it safe just on straight win but returns just under evens so hopefully they can do the business. Good luck to all and keep up the good work!
Cheers Drogba's Bitch :ok , always good to see a new face on the RL threads.....I am leaning towards Leeds myself....but will wait till tomorrow before coming to a decision. Best of luck with your bets bud, just hope that a certain Ashley Klein isnt out to spoil your party!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Half time scores....

warringtonwolves.gifWarrington1216St Helenssainthelens.gif
wiganwarriors.gif Wigan1012Harlequins RL
Harlequins' away form continues to impress, so to does their half performances winning 5 from 5 thus far! They seem to have significantly strengthened their squad this year, another Salford of 2006 perhaps? Looking forward to see this Scott Hill fella play. Another column to add on your spreadsheet Grim? :lol

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Not too chuffed on the betting front, Briers going off finished my best chance of return, cracking game though as a neutral. Could be a big worry Rugbylad losing both Briers/Bridges to injury, hope it's only short term.

Could be a big worry Rugbylad losing both Briers/Bridges to injury' date=' hope it's only short term.[/quote'] Tell me about it mate....not good at all!! Well done to those who backed Saints tonight....they are definately back with a bang!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Well done to all Saints and Harlequins handicap backers. :ok I lost my nerve. :cry Shows that following the money is not always proftable as Wires and Harlequins were both well backed yesterday just as Bradford were last week and all came unstuck on the handicap. :eek Particular props to the forumite who pointed out the Harlequins first half stats. :clap

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos (-8pts/10pts) _42648917_hull_kr_leeds.gif Well it has been an underdog backers paradise so far in Super League, but I think some sort of normality will resume tonight when Hull KR take on a full strength Leeds Rhinos side. Firstly, well done to Hull KR thus far, they are proving lots of their early season critics wrong, winning 3 out of the first 4 games, most noticably their historical 16 v 26 win over Wigan at the JJB. A victory for the Robins tonight will leave them perched on top of the SL table. But lets not get to carried away with ourselves. The Robins face a Leeds side, also sitting pretty on 6pts. Not much credited has been handed the way of them so far, but weather conditions and a blip in France havent helped their cause. Tonight in dry conditions I fully expect them to pick holes in the Hull KR defence with relative ease. Not to forgot Craven Park is a extremely open surface, a factor that lead to KR's success last year could ultimate prove their demise come September. Their last home game lead to a 10 v 26 defeat against Harlequins, something Leeds will be taking much encouragement from. Looking at the line-ups, it is hard to see where Hull KR have the advantage. The Racing Post followers have gobbled up the -8pts on Leeds, so im going to see for -10pts with a saver on the tie! Saturday evening rugby league viewing is costly for me and most other punters at the moment, so im sticking to a 2pt bet....although it's tempting to go a little higher. Hull KR (from): Goddard, Netherton, Ford, Fisher, Morton, Tangata-Toa, Aizue, Morrison, Dyer, Chester, Gene, Gannon, Vella, Murrell, Cockayne, Gallagher, Bauer, Webster Leeds (from): Webb, Donald, Toopi, Senior, Smith, McGuire, Burrow, Leuluai, Diskin, Peacock, Jones-Buchanan, Ellis, Sinfield, Lauitiiti, Thackray, Bailey, Gibson, Tansey. Recommendation – Leeds -10pts @ ladbrokes 1.90 (2pts) Prediction - Hull KR 16 v Leeds 36 (Scale 1-5) Good luck all!!

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Chances are if Leeds are on form they should cover -8 and -10 and even the 12 at some places. You get the feeling when they get in front they will turn on the class and this could be 20 points plus win. Apart from the Hull game and that was hardly a hammering, we have not really seen Leeds put on a show. Its odd that no one has been on the end of a real beating so far, but its 100 per cent sure to happen soon. Live tv v the team who came up is the perfect time to do so. Im pretty confident.:beer

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Half time.....

Hull K R810Leeds
Leeds were lucky to get that try before the break, McGuire's pass was a bloody mile forward. Having said that, Leeds on balance deserve to be in front. They have dominated possession but need to be less flash and get their basics right. They do this, they'll win quite comfortably in the 2nd half.....by the way, Brent Webb, quality player (1st time i've seen him in SL this year)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Celtic beating Eastmoor by only 6 points at half time :( Was speaking to a mate this afternoon and told him Celtic were -30 and he couldn't believe it expecting them to score 70+ The Punto curse strikes again ;)

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Name dropping here :rollin but one of Featherstone's players is having a testimonial this season and there was a sportsman's dinner last night with Stan Boardman as the comic :rollin :rollin :rollin Went with my dad for his birthday and on our table was Richard Agar, assistant coach at Hull FC with his old man. Thoroughly nice fella and is gutted about Hull's start but confident they can turn things around :hope Also on our table was a french fella who apparantly played for PSG who is now the leading agent in France. He was with a Wakey director, I thought "oooh, wonder who they are signing" then realised Wakey are playing Catalans tomorrow so probably just having a night out :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 What a nightmare. That was the most confident ive been on any bet this season and it got well and truely humped.:$ Fair to play to Hull Kr they well worth the win but Leeds were terrible. They even got 2 trys they shouldnt have and lost. Thats the gamble i suppose.

Can i just add that this guy sinfield, hes goto go, he may have been a good player a few years ago but hes had it. Burnt oot. No offence meant to any Leeds fan reading this course.
Have to agree there mate... That was the worst performance I seen by Sinfield in a Leeds shirt....

Surprising result, feel sorry for those who backed Leeds, bookies must be raking it in recent weeks :( Shocking start to the regular season. Celtic won 50-10 so my double is still going, just need Fev to win by more than 40 tomorrow ;)
good luck pal :hope

Re: Rugby League: Super League - Round 5 Thanks Rugbylad. My little mole says that ex Wakey, Widnes and Wigan player Jon whittle is also likely to return after missing last week. Confident we can cover 40 points but then again Ashley Clown is the referee so it wouldn't surprise me if we just miss out ;)