Science Of Football Betting

Re: Science Of Football Betting .... fine Davey, but what does it all mean? Where do you intend to go with this? Is there any selections coming up? We need a hint or two or otherwise looks destined for the Glory Hunters forum.Certainly if you provide us with more, I'm sure some interest will be stimulated.;)

Re: Science Of Football Betting Let me open my gob really wide MERLIN then you will be able to jump right down my throat. This Forum is probably the biggest on the net but it seems that only a small percentage are prepared to post any worthwhile input whilst everybody else just leach, moan or worst of all contribute sweet Felicity Arkwright. Not surprising with your attitude MERLIN.:spank My post wasn't even luke warm and I get stabbing pains in my back, chill out man. What do you think I was advocating a 40 team acca!! I posted as an EXAMPLE of last weeks fixtures as I was sure I had some notes or paperwork that went with the spreadsheet. Thankfully MERLINS :ok post brought it all back to me, and he is spot on with his analysis. I will post this weeks table and will be looking to back HOME teams of 50%+ and AWAY teams of 40%+ provided the odds on offer better those in the sheet. Will post the outcome later dAVEY H

Re: Science Of Football Betting reminds me of something i read in a book (although, can't remember the something, and can't remember the book, so that doesn't really help!!)..... how do you calculate the home win or Draw or away win percentages?

Re: Science Of Football Betting

check out post 3' date=' loony. :ok[/quote'] ye, ye, ye - i saw that bit...and it works fine, making the odds (fair odds i guess), but how do you get the percentages from that? (could be a silly question....but i'm learning so be nice :tongue2 )

Re: Science Of Football Betting .... now, now Davey boy, don't let's go off half cocked! I was particularly interested in your thread and was merely asking politely where it was going.If you have taken umbrage at that I apologize,it was not meant to be a sarcastic comment.In view of the lack of details I thought it a fair question, at least there has been a positive response and now fellow punters can hopefully respond in an equally postive manner.Good luck with your endeavours!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Science Of Football Betting Hi guys! This method of finding fair odds is naive at best. If it was this simple, we'd all be millionaires, and as you may or may not know, there are betting houses, software developers and experts in many fields working day and night to make betting pay by getting the small percentage edges needed. With this in mind, its naive to think this is the way to go. Sorry to be so negative, but you might as well hear the truth sooner than later, so you dont waste hours and days on this, which will not lead to any positive outcome. GL Levi