Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5

My Personal stats for the season to date.. updated stats after 4 weeks Total staked = 28 pts Return = 32.23 Strike rate = 17/24 Roi = 15.1%

Friday 2 March 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Blues v Otago Highlanders (06:35 GMT)1.1025.005.10115% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
NSW Waratahs v Western Force (08:40 GMT)1.4120.002.52116% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Free State Cheetahs v Waikato Chiefs (17:10 GMT)1.4520.002.40116% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Saturday 3 March 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Wellington Hurricanes v Western Stormers (06:05 GMT)1.1522.004.10116% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
ACT Brumbies v Blue Bulls (08:10 GMT)1.2620.003.05118% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Queensland Reds v Lions (10:15 GMT)1.4520.002.40116% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Sharks v Canterbury (15:00 GMT)1.7520.001.90115% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 Tipped up the Cheetahs last week and in the end they got well beaten. Would like to back against the Crusaders again this week but need to weigh it up carefully. To AJ: I mentioned to RugbyLad on the Super League thread, I want to add some more rugby contacts to my MSN. I cant seem to find Private Messaging on this forum so I will have to post my MSN on here. If you have it please add me at [email protected] - would be good to have someone who cares about Super 14 too and from the right area too!

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 well tomorrows sky game is Cheetahs v Chiefs. neither side has impressed me so far, but the home side are favourites here. However, I just have a feeling that Chiefs are going to get a break somewhere along the line. Despite loosing all their games they have 5 bonus points, testament to the closeness of their games and were denied by a last second try away to the Bulls last week. With the attacking flair they have in Masaga and Kinikinilau they can be destructive and I fancy they may break their duck tomorrow. I'm not all that confident about the outright though so I'll go... Chiefs +5 @10/11 (Skybet)

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 The bookies pick 7 home wins this week, and whilst it all looks good on paper I'm going to disagree. I fancy the Crusaders to get over the line again, in a tight victory, they're avail at 2.2 which is good value for me. So for the purpose of my season challange, it's 6 homes and 1 away. Elsewhere tonight narrow wins for the Warratahs and Cheetahs, Paddy Power offer 1.83 for the Western force +7. l have a small dabble on that. Tonight you can get 1.25 on the Blues on Betfair or Stan James, that will be my main bet tonight, with another smaller bet on the blues -10.5 @ 1.9 on Betfair

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 Blues -13.5 @ 2.10 (Centrebet) The Blues have been playing great rugby and deserve to be on top of the ladder. With Flavell in the forwards leading the charge, and a very quick and explosive backline, it is no wonder they have been winning their games quite well. They will be up against a Highlanders side that are struggling to score. Even though scored quite a few tries last week, it was against a pretty poor Stormers side. They will get no favours from the Blues, and especially will need to improve their very leaky defence that have been conceding quite a few points. The Blues should win this one comfortably

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 Waratahs -6.5 @ 2.10 (Centrebet) The Waratahs return home from South Africe from their South African trip and expect them to make a huge impression at home against these western upstarts. The Waratahs have been getting a flogging in the press here and are particularly upset about some of the "poaching" of some of their players by the Force. So we have quite a bit of niggle pre-game and expect even more during the game. The Waratahs need this win to climb back up the ladder and have the talent and the experience to do so. They will want to ensure that the 6 "defectors" have nothing to smile about after the game. Should be a close game before the Waratahs seal it with a late try

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 Hurricanes -14.5 @ 2.10 (Centrebet) The Hurricanes when in form are very hard to beat and last week we saw by how unpredictable they can be with an away loss to the Reds. They should be pretty fired up to make amends against a poor Stormers side that looks very disjointed. The Hurricanes have some explosive backs which should be too quick and strong for their opponents. This could be a massacre if the Hurricanes play the way they can, especially at home.

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 Blues finish 28 - 9, missed the bonus point which is a pity. still everyone a winner, both on the straight bet, and everyone brings home the handicap at around 2.0 :ok Good work guys Lets hope for a very narrow Waratahs win next game (except for Blackcrow who picks the Warratahs -6.5)

Re: Super 14 Rugby Union Week 5 Blues win comfortably :D Waratahs are very ordinary. I'll stay away from them awhile. They have lost a few players due to injury and lost that go forward they used to have. While the backs just kick it - no creativity or imagination.