NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5)

Philips Championship Grand Final Series (best-of-five) All times local Game 1 – Friday 2 March Brisbane Entertainment Centre (Boondall) 6:40pm Game 2 – Sunday 4 March State Netball and Hockey Centre (Melbourne) 7:40pm Game 3 – Wednesday 7 March Brisbane Entertainment Centre (Boondall) 6:40pm Game 4 (if required) – Friday 9 March State Netball and Hockey Centre (Melbourne) 7:40pm Game 5 (if required) – Sunday 11 March Brisbane Entertainment Centre (Boondall)

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Both teams should bring the intensity on D in tonight's opener and it should be slow going scoring wise in the first quarter as the players get the butterflies out of their system. This game may be quite ugly with a lot of missed shots and turnovers under pressure. I expect Melbourne to get on top early on and hold a small lead going into the halftime break on the back of strong offensive rebounding efforts. Brisbane's relentless full court pressure D should take it's toll though and on their home floor they are a good chance of coming home strong and pulling out a hard fought win. My Picks: Brisbane 1-10 @ $2.60 Total Points UNDER 203.5 @ $1.90 Melb / Bris - Halftime/Fulltime score @ $5.75

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Brisbane vs Melbourne Well we are finally here! Grand Final night for season 2006/07 and the two best teams have deservably made it tonight. Brisbane have been super all season winning 28 of a possible 33 matches this year while Melbourne finished 2nd winning 25 of 33. Both these sides are near unstoppable at home, but it was their away form which saw them rise above the rest and the amazing squad depth they both have. Brisbane are currently on a 20 game winning run and to put that into perspective, the previous record was 16 about 20 years ago so its an amazing effort. Melbourne are the reigning premiers so this Grand Final Series has the potential to be one of the greatest ever. I think this series will be won by whoever can manage an away win. Both sides look near unbeatable at home and Brisbane with 3 matches at home are well poised and would have to go in as favourites here, but if Melbourne can snatch a win here tonight, or in the remaining 2 away, then i believe they will go on and win this series. Bullets have won 16 of 17 at home while Tigers have won 10 of 16 on the road. The team line ups are as follows: BULLETS Starters: CJ Bruton, Stephen Black, Ebi Ere, Sam Mackinnon, Dusty Rychart Bench: Mark Bradtke, Dillon Boucher, Mick Hill, Adam Gibson, Brad Williamson TIGERS Starters: Darryl McDonald, Dave Thomas, Rashad Tucker, Stephen Hoare, Chris Anstey Bench: Axel Dench, Nate Crosswell, David Stiff, Daryl Corletto, Matt O’Hea Brisbane have amazing depth with all 10 players on their roster capable of causing serious danger to oppositions. They are lead by Sam McKinnon who has had an incredible season this year and with players such CJ Bruton, Steve Black and Mark Bradtke by his side, the sky is the limit for this squad. Melbourne have a fairly talented side themselves, as far as depth goes i think they fall just short of Brisbane, but they have the finals experience after winning last years league and with blokes like Rashad Tucker, Dave Thomas, Chris Anstey and superstar Darryl McDonald who continues to turn back the clock, they will give Brisbane a hard time. Brisbane will probably come out and play defensive. Looking to the odds and we can see Brisbane very short at $1.47 which i believe is a little short. Melbourne to win is $2.70 and is value in itself. I do, however, predict Brisbane will win this but it will certainly be an epic and go down the wire. Brisbane Under 10.5 at odds of $2.60 stands out. As Melbourne do have the experience in finals and will be absolutely pumped up to win this and gain the upper hand, taking them with a +4.5 handicap may also be a good bet at $1.90. I also think this will be a high scoring affair, both teams will probably start off defensive but in reality they are both also very attacking teams as the statistics show. So Over 201.5 at $1.98 is better value than usual for this type of market. Computer Generated Prediction:

Bullets26272627106
Tigers27252525102
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Brisbane Under 10.5 at $2.60 - (4/10) Melbourne +4.5 at $1.90 - (4/10) Total Points Over 201.5 at $1.98 - (4/10) *** Melbourne to win Overall Series at $2.40 - (5/10) ***

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5)

Melbourne to cover +5.5 - $1.85 good luck
Win I still come away from that game thinking melbourne has what it takes to win this series .. they dominated for a large portion of that game and it was only some poor decisions at the end that cost them that one ... their size is still a major advantage imo ... i think they'll square the ledger in convincing fashion on sunday ...

Computer Generated Prediction:
Bullets26272627106
Tigers27252525102
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Brisbane Under 10.5 at $2.60 - (4/10) :nana Melbourne +4.5 at $1.90 - (4/10) :nana Total Points Over 201.5 at $1.98 - (4/10) :(
Great start to the series. Was an epic match but Brisbane won 98 to 95 in the end giving us Brisbane Under 10.5 at $2.70 and the Melbourne +4.5 handicap at $1.90 as well. I too believe that Melbourne can still go all the way

My Picks: Brisbane 1-10 @ $2.60 :nana Total Points UNDER 203.5 @ $1.90 :nana Melb / Bris - Halftime/Fulltime score @ $5.75 :nana
I'm predicting a similar pattern in the second game only this time I think Brisbane will fall just short of completing the comeback. Melbourne 1-10 @ $2.60 Total Points OVER 196.5 @ $1.90

I'm predicting a similar pattern in the second game only this time I think Brisbane will fall just short of completing the comeback. Melbourne 1-10 @ $2.60 Total Points OVER 196.5 @ $1.90
Totally agree, i will be taking the exact same bets myself. Should be a great match tonight :ok

Does Brisbane have a good record in Melbourne in general and have they beaten the Tigers at home this season?
Brisbane have beaten Melbourne at home this season actually, but Melbourne have a fortress at home and the home support tonight will be amazing. Melbourne actually led Brisbane by 10 points at half time Friday night before going on to lose by 3, so i really think they will get the job done tonight. Computer Generated Prediction:
Tigers28272626107
Bullets25262627104

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Yeh i watched the game, Tigers played well but they ran out of steam towards the end. Hopefuly the crowd can get them through till the very end. Do you think Tigers will play catchup like Brisbane did for most of game one? How confident are you of a Tigers victory?

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Ads as you have pointed out in earlier rounds Tigers seem to have a major problem of falling off in the last quarter of their games, they seem to struggle in second half of their games and i think it was when they played the crocs in the playoffs they had the best second quarter for the year then the third quarter was the worst for the year. Should be another great game, but can the Tigers accumulate enough points to carry them over their last quarter form?

I'm predicting a similar pattern in the second game only this time I think Brisbane will fall just short of completing the comeback. Melbourne 1-10 @ $2.60 :cry Total Points OVER 196.5 @ $1.90 :wall
No luck at all on the 2 main bets but a couple of saver bets on Bris/Melb half time/ full time and Stephen Black to win his scoring group softened the blow somewhat.

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Do yourselves a favour and don't touch the total for the rest of the series unless it's UNDER the number ... The third and fourth quarters in particular of the remaining games are going to virtually grind to a halt in terms of scoring ... There will be scoring droughts and both teams will be walking the ball up the floor ... The bottom line is EXPECT DEFENSE ..

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) I agree with Mr Flamboyant here, i think both teams will be ultra defensive tonight and use this tactic to try and stop their oponents. A loss here for Brisbane will really leave Melbourne well poised to claim the series on Friday in a match at the Cage, while a Brisbane win means they will have to travel to the Cage with less pressure knowing they will have game 5 at home. All in all, this is a must win game for Melbourne and perhaps its most important of the year to date, they were good in the first match leading by 9 at half time before eventually going down by 3 points. They backed that up with a good win on Sunday with a huge 3rd quarter setting up a solid victory. The form to me suggests Melbourne are a good shot tonight and i think ill take them at $1.90 with a +4.5 handicap. Im confident os seeing this game end under 197.5 at $1.85 so there is still some good value about tonight. Pick Melbourne +4.5 at $1.90 - (3/10) Pick Under 197.5 at $1.86 - (6/10)

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) I think you'll cash both of those tonight Ads ^ .. Like Melbourne with the points because logic says they have all the momentum in this thing after the beat-down they put on Brisbane last sunday .. but something in the pit of my stomach is just telling me a HUGE Bullets backlash could be on the cards tonight ... They're probably done if they lose this one ... And they'll be hurting after being comprehensively molested in that third quarter at the Cage ...

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) I think that a Melb-Bris or Bris-Melb halftime-fulltime score is again highly likely. Going with Bris 1-10 here again. Tentatively going with UNDER the 197.5 but I'm wary of a Bullets offensive blitz led by the so far underperforming Ebi Ere who I have also picked to outscore Mackinnon, Thomas, Black & Tucker.

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) 3 minutes left in the third period and the Bullets are well poised with a 11 point lead. But looking at Melbournes final quarter record this year, its very hard to see them getting anything out of this match now. Time will tell...

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Time will tell Brisbane **** Melbourne and the total goes over. I tailed you over/under on the first two games, and faded you today with the over. Thank god for a ****ing brain.

Time will tell Brisbane **** Melbourne and the total goes over. I tailed you over/under on the first two games' date=' and faded you today with the over. Thank god for a ****ing brain.[/quote'] What you trying to say mate?

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Sounds like your taking the piss a bit. If you have your winning bets, try posting them on here prior to the match rather than afterwords. Friday is game 4 in this series, i look forward to seeing some of your input

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) Overs and Unders is a sucker bet anyway :dude If you had to bet your life on the next game going under or over, would you place the bet? One shot, one opportunity, would you take it, or just let it go? Flip a coin on the next game...Heads it will be an Under...Tails it will be an Over. :ok

Sounds like your taking the piss a bit. If you have your winning bets, try posting them on here prior to the match rather than afterwords. Friday is game 4 in this series, i look forward to seeing some of your input
It'll be my honour to pick alongside you ! Beejayville, i actually did bet my life on an over/under. $7000 on an under on the Super Bowl, and if you watched the game you would know how i felt for the duration of the game. The over/under bet is one of the more certain bets if you know what you are doing. ps. don't criticize me on $7000, i'm only 18 lol

It'll be my honour to pick alongside you ! Beejayville, i actually did bet my life on an over/under. $7000 on an under on the Super Bowl, and if you watched the game you would know how i felt for the duration of the game. The over/under bet is one of the more certain bets if you know what you are doing. ps. don't criticize me on $7000, i'm only 18 lol
Half ya luck for having $7000 at 18 to have a bet :loon I was only earning around $70 a week when i was 18 :rollin And I still haven't got $7000 to bet with :rollin:rollin Look forward to your tips next game :ok

Re: NBL Basketball GRAND FINAL - (Best of 5) The only one embarrissing themselves here is you mate. I got two margins up in game 1 (at $2.60 & 1.60) so whats this 0 from 4 stuff? My record this year in the NBL speaks for itself. Have hit close to 80% all year and had a round back in December where i hit 16 from 18 (as per the scroller) You have picked Under 197.5, any explanation as to why? Or just flipped a coin or something? How come you have quit betting? Nobody who is winning would want to quit :lol