Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 24)

Saturday 24 February 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
HNK Sibenik v Rijeka (14:00 GMT)2.533.252.50111% Related markets...Match Result
Medimurje v Kamen (14:00 GMT)1.613.505.52109% Related markets...Match Result
NK Dinamo Zagreb v Hajduk Split (14:00 GMT)1.803.404.00110% Related markets...Match Result
Osijek v Varteks (14:00 GMT)2.123.203.00112% Related markets...Match Result
Pula Staro Cesko v FC Zagreb (14:00 GMT)2.553.252.45111% Related markets...Match Result
Slaven Koprivnica v Cibalia (14:00 GMT)1.573.565.93109% Related markets...Match Result

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 24) 2007-02-24 Sibenik - Rijeka Despite the fact that Rijeka lost their last match on home ground they looked quite solid. Rijeka had the initiative and held the ball on Dinamo's half for most of the time. Still, their attack was quite sterile because of Dinamo's very good defence which didn't allow them much in frot of their own goal. Now Rijeka travels to Sibenik who played a solid match against Zagreb, where they had 0:0 for 80 minutes. They even had very good chances to score but lack of concentration costed them points, in last 10 minutes their defence simply collapsed and they recieved 3 goals. It seems that absence of thier captain, defender Buljat and young attacker Kalinic was too much for Sibenik. Team news say Sibenik cannot count on them in this match also. Add to them defenders Raic and Cagalj who earned third yellow cards against Zagreb which means Sibenik will miss whole defence for match against Rijeka. Guests from Rijeka have some worries also, they still can't count on defenders Vucko(didn't play against Dinamo), Saric and defensive midfielder Linic who earned a red card in last match, but he will be replaced with good midfielder Strok(scored a goal in last match). Two 'short-handed' teams meeting here from which I'll give advantage to Rijeka. They have much better team than before winter break and due to fact that that Sibenik misses whole defence and important striker they should be able to snap three points here. Pick: A, Odds: 2.40, Stake: 5, Bookmaker: Expekt If someone has an account on Betsson, they give asian, solid 1.80 on Rijeka(0). Rijeka simply cannot afford to lose points anymore...

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 24) Slaven - Cibalia Slaven showed a good performance in Varazdin where they were a better team, defensively they were good and in offence they lacked concentration to score a winning goal and to take all three points to Koprivnica. Now they welcome Cibalia who lost their last in a shocking manner. For 80 minutes, they were a better team, they missed some pretty good chances and in 80th minute, Medjimurje scored a goal from their first on goal shot. After that shock, Medjimurje didn't have much trouble to score another two against demoralized Cibalia side. Team news say Cibalia will miss important defenders Andricevic and Medvid, while Slaven will miss Mumlek(yellow cards) while Sopic & Kokalovic are doubtful but will probably play. Slaven is better team here and I think all three points will stay in Koprivnica. Pick: H, Odds: 1.50, Stake: 7, Bookmaker: Bet365

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 24) Slaven(ah -1) - Cibalia Pick: H, Odds: 1.84, Stake: 4, Bookmaker: Pinnacle Match starts at 15:00 CET There is a big quality gap between these two teams. Slaven is much better team, with better individual and team quality, in better form at the moment and playing at home. On the other hand Cibalia seems to be in big crisis. For me, they are the worst team in the league at the moment. In last round we saw great problems in all Cibalia's lines. I expekt same today. Everything indicates that Slaven should take three point easily. If their captain Mumlek is in the team I would go with higher stake but as he has three yellow cards and will miss this one I will go with smaller stake. I still beleive Slaven has quality to win this in hcap. 2-0, 3-1 is something I expect today. GL

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 24) Pula - Zagreb Pick: Pinnacle Match starts at 15:00 While Gračan is coach of Pula I will play under on their games. It is obvious that Gračan still doesn't have the courage to play ofensivly, even in Pula. He was great player, but as a coach he should put more risk in their teams. Zagreb is more quality team but with problems in middfield in this game I do not expect them playing so nice as ussual. We have Pula on one side with still closed formation(I assume they will start play more offensive when they reach bottom) and that will be satistified with one point from this game. On the other side we have Zagreb which has some important players that are absent and which will ruin harmony in their team. Game with lots of fouls and mistakes is what I expekt. Under is my option in this game. Small stake. GL

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 24) Dinamo - Hajduk(+0,5) Match starts at 20:15 CET So the question is: Can Hajduk be unbeaten every second game played in Zagreb in circumstances like this one is. I belive it can. Not because I am Hajduk fan but because I belive at this moment Hajduk has more than 50% chances to take at least point from Zagreb. To remind you circumstances are: Dinamo is first and Hajduk second, three points behind. Those are of course just league position. More important circumstances are the one that makes soccer so interestig and that makes derby a derby. To be honest I expected Dinamo on ah -1/4 level. Why?. In short sentence: Dinamo has better individual, but Hajduk has better team quality but Dinamo is a host team. Of course it is not so simple but it is also not so complicated as sports journalists try to present. I was proffesional basketball player and I can say that difference between winner and looser is usually so small that odds can not show it enaugh. Ok. I do not want to be boring. This is a derby and all derbies are hard to predict. Dinamo's biggest advantage is home soil advantage and individual quality. On the other hand Hajduk has team spirit and team quality and coach that is, in my opinion, as an ex Hajduk player and active attendant of several Hajduk-Dinamo games in big advantage. It will be tough one but Hajduk showed slightly better form in first round after winter break. Also Hajduk is under less pressure because everyone expected Dinamo will have at least 10 pts in front of 2nd team(it is usually Hajduk) and now with loosing this one all the money could be showed as a bad investment. Big, huge, gigantic problem is a referee of this match. Mr Svilokos is, as we all know(in Croatia), caught haughinh and laughing with Zdravko Mamić (Dinamo's vice-president and it's alfa and omega). Everyone with at least 1% of moral would say that he does't want to be referee but it is not like that in Croatia and that is one of my big concerns. If we look mathematicly. Dinamo can be satistified with a draw. Hajduk will still be 3 points behind and that is all Dinamo needs. Ivanković, Dinamo's coach, is a kind of a person that will look for a draw and that is Hajduk's great chance. All in all Hajduk+0,5 is my choice for tonight. Odds are more than acceptable but there is no need for big stakes. After all it is playing in Zagreb and Dinamo is very good and talented team with great individuals. GL Pick: A, Odds: 2.03, Stake: 4, Bookmaker: Pinnacle