Laying down AA first hand

BAM

Laying down AA first hand  

1. 1.

• Call
    • Fold
    • I dont care you are all PL muppets anyway

I was on a semi wind up the other night in Brum with a few other Pler's and it seemed to cause a lot of debate. My question was.... 'If you had bought into a major tournament (say the main event) and you got dealt AA first hand, you raise 5 or 6 BB's and 1 person goes all in, everyone else has folded, its just you and him what would you do?' Now I was quite taken aback by the instant 'call' shout by the majority and then I took some ribbing because I said I would fold and naturally everyone thought I was on a wind up :lol In all honestly I do not know what I would do until the situation arose, I knew I would think about for more than the one second most people thought about it ;). There was something in the back of mind that I had read this somewhere and it had stuck with me. I told Gazza and Kevshat that I am sure it was Scott Fischman that mention it and I got told 'bollox he would call all day everyday now get to the bar ya northern bastid' :beer:beer BUT....low and behold after much searching I have found it (and guess what it is Scott Fischman :rollin) It is in the Fishtank in July 2006 pokerplayer page 56 :clap:clap. I would genuinely be interested to see what other people would do without any influence from Scott Fischman.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Laying down AA first hand I would deff call(I am a bit of a donk). The Reason. AA against 1 other person ,you are in a brillant spot,it wouldnt matter if it was the first hand in a major tournament or not.Surely getting all the money in with AA against 1 other person is the whole idea. But this is a great question and hopefully be a great debate.:clap

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.