Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 17)

Saturday 17 February 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Cibalia v NK Medimurje (14:00 GMT)2.203.163.05110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceHalf-time ResultOver/Under
FC Zagreb v HNK Sibenik (14:00 GMT)1.703.504.35111% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Hajduk Split v Osijek (14:00 GMT)1.305.2510.17106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Varteks v Slaven Koprivnica (14:00 GMT)1.753.294.62110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Kamen v Pula Staro Cesko (16:00 GMT)2.703.152.45110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time - - -Correct ScoreBoth Teams To ScoreDouble ChanceHalf-time ResultOver/Under
Rijeka v NK Dinamo Zagreb (16:00 GMT)4.693.461.60113% Related markets... - - -Match ResultOver/Under

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 17) 2007-02-17 Rijeka - Dinamo I'm going to be hazardous and go for the clear home win here. It's been a quite interesting winter when it comes to transfers, both teams got rid of the 'ballast' and brought some interesting names. Dinamo brought 6 new players, Jertec & Pokrivac (both Varteks), Tadic (Bayer), Schildenfeld (Sibenik), Sammir from Brazil, all young players and Mikic (new old player, Rijeka), and newspapers say that that only Schildenfeld has his position secured in the first eleven. Rijeka wasn't sleeping also and after quite bad first half of the season they made radical reconstruction of the team. New names are defenders Vucko (Hajduk), Budicin (back from loan, Pula), midfielders Novakovic (new/old player, knows this team very good, on loan from Tom Tomsk), Strok (back from long term injury, Inter Z.), and attackers Brajkovic (Kamen Ingrad) and Ivanov (Levski). With all these names Rijeka is definitely stronger than before winter break, for Ivanov they say he was one of the best attackers in the bulgarian league, Novakovic is IMO best right winger in the league while defenders Vucko & Budicin are definitely better than Tkalcevic or Lerant. When you look at these teams, difference in class isn't that big anymore and I think Rijeka can snap all three points here. Moreover, I wasn't impressed by Ivankovic's work in last few rounds before winter break, somehow I think Dinamo under coach Kuze played better, easier. For Rijeka, only defender Vucko is doubtful, while Dinamo will miss Buljat, Etto(important, both injured), Carlos and Mikic(both suspended). I think odds on Rijeka are unreasonable and are worth small stakes. Pick: H, Odds: 5.00, Stake: 3, Bookmaker: Bwin Definitely a value on Rijeka :) Will add other predictions/thoughts later...

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 17) Other matches: Cibalia - Medjimurje: Cibalia has defender Leutar(capatain) out for this match and will be replaced by solid defender Andricevic. Also Bilen and important attacker Zekic aren't fully prepared but will play from the start. Medjimurje changed a lot of players during the winter break and is yet to see how do new players 'breath' together with old ones. Cibalia is desparate for points while Medjimurje is pretty safe in the middle of table. No bet for me... Hajduk - Osijek: Osijek got new coach, brought some new/old players(from which Jukic is the only first team player) and they will seek their first time win on Poljud stadium. Yep, they've never won in Split. Hajduk brought young defender Pelaic(Standard Liege), Rubil(Rijeka) and biggest name of the winter break transfers, huge potential, young attacker Rukavina(Sibenik). Hajduk had some flu problems, and some first team players had only few trainings before this game. Midfielders Damjanovic and Balatinac are out for this game. Rubil and young talent Gabric will repalce them. Home win IMO. Varteks - Slaven: Varteks lost two of their best players Jertec & Pokrivac(both Dinamo) but they brought defenders Ivancic(Bejing), Lucic(Hapoel Bnei Yehuda), midfielders Semler(Bayern Amateure), Mujanovic(Lierse) and solid attacker Simic(without club). Slaven brought Prpic(Koprivnica), attacker Zahora(Koper) and midfielder Posavec(Ankaragucu). Varteks made a lot of changes in their first eleven while Slaven's squad hasn't changed much. Scoria announced they'll chase three points here, and most reasonable bet to me here is over 2.5. Kamen - Pula: Kamen got rid of corrupted family Zec who ruled this club from the late 90's and brought them into the first league where they stayed for years. Now while their ex-president Vlado Zec is in jail, they are without money, and without quality players. They brought mostly players from lower league clubs. Pula almost ceased to exist during the winter because of their debts to the state and to the players. Some of them even wanted to left the club, but politicians in Pula finally realized what's the situation and city will invest some money into the club. There are even plans to merge Pula with lower league club Istra(once first league participant also). Anyway, they brought Makarin(on loan, Hajduk), Grgurovic(on loan, Dinamo), Dragicevic(Khimki, Russia, ex Dinamo & Hajduk player) and Kacic(Lierse). Team news say Pula has 7 players out for this match but only attacker Halilovic is important. I really don't know what to think about this game... :) Zagreb - Sibenik: Zagreb has completely the same team they had before winter break, only new player is Soljic(Lucko, regional club) but he's not important, while Sibenik lost their best players, defender Schildenfeld(Dinamo) and attacker Rukavina(Hajduk) which is a huge blow for them, but they got Kalinic(on loan, Hajduk) who is solid replacement for Rukavina and some youngsters who are not important. Team news say Sibenik will be without Kalinic(injured ankle, important) and their captain, central defender Bulat, while Zagreb will play with full squad. Most likely a home win, but I wouldn't touch it below 1.80, if you have it, go for it. Hope it helps, cheers :)

Re: Croatia HNL Liga (Feb 17) Georgi Ivanov (the new Rijeka player) was regarded as a great talent 10 years ago. He is tall, strong, aggressive and good with headers. He started his career at Loko Plovdiv, then Levski bought him and he performed well for them, especially against their CSKA Sofia. He also played a few matches for our national team. He was aventually transferred to a Western club - Rennes, but he failed to deliver there. Then his career continued in Turkey - first and second division clubs and he came back to Levski. He was hardly noticed in the CL matches of Levski this season because he wasn't the first-choice striker. He is a decent player at the level of Bulgarian league so I guess he is OK for Croatia too. Great fighter but nothing too exciting. Loses his temper easily.