Things to consider when placing a bet!

RussP

I've just been having a read through recent threads on here, and sometimes it seems we (I include myself in that, for sure!) all place bets for the wrong reasons, and afterwards kick ourselves, wondering what made us do it. Now, we are all in it to make money so here are my things to consider when placing a bet (I have posted this elsewhere in the past, but feel it deserves a thread of its own) 1) Race distance - horse has won over it previously, or should be suited by it 2) Going - horse has won on the surface, or is likely to be suited by it 3) Rating ie, handicap mark / penalties - can the horse win off this mark? 4) Current form - has shown form on its latest form or seems to be coming into form. Too often we look at reasons why a horse finished down the field lto, but generally, if the horse is not in form, it will not win 5) Class of race - horse has won in this class or shown some form. A horse winning its last 2 in a Cl 6 handicap may be short priced next time out, but may struggle in a Cl 4 race 6) Days since last run - I like horses that reappear within 20 days generally. Anything more than 30 days is a negative for me, except for the top horses in the top races 7) FLAT - Draw - horse, irrespective of form, will not win from a poor draw JUMPS - Jumping ability - say no more! Other things to consider include trainer / jockey form, and value (is the price what we would consider value), but the above 7 are all key to me. Please add your thoughts to this:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.