Strategy of cheating

slapdash

I guess this belongs in "Poker Strategy"? I was playing in a Level 4 Prima "Rounders" STT earlier (10 players, and top 5 win an entry to Level 5, so all that matters is that you finish in the top 5). A player who plays in loads of these was making comments in the chat box hinting that two of the other players had a history of colluding. He seemed to be trying to be careful not to make any specific allegations, but I got the idea that he thought that if one of them was low in chips, they would try to dump their chips to the other one. I have no idea about the truth of his suspicions, but I got to thinking about it, and I'm not convinced that this is an intelligent way of cheating. In fact, to maximize their combined EV, I think it would be better for the larger chip stack to dump chips to the smaller so that they had about the same number of chips (of course, this decreases the EV of the larger stack, but I believe it increases the EV of the smaller stack more than it decreases the EV of the larger). Thoughts?

Re: Strategy of cheating Agree totally mate - conventional wisdom is that the more chips you have then the less each chip is worth - for 2 players to maximise their combined ev therefore, they would want to have level stacks, so as you say, the larger stack should dump to the smaller stack..... How tight are these games? most STT's you can fold your way into the top 5, but I imagine this isn't the case here?

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.