Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Australia Open 2007 Hei All Thought I might put my ideas in, before its to late.. Odds maybe falling, & there should be time to the picks. :) My first general thoughts were on who to win the Titles Men/Women.. :tongue2 Women Now its interesting. :) Not so much to say again really, but here you can acttually make some money,, :nana My thoughts here is that I think there a two good choices, Sharapova & Mauremo They are the two best players in the moment, in form and winnings. And they are both very though players and do everything to win. Mauresmo sometimes not that good on crusial points, but I think she got much better at that last year. So I will Make a dubbel..!! Plays on both to win, profit if eather one off them should win.. If you put the same the same Units on each player you wil WIN minimum +75%..!! :cow :cow So thats what I will do.. :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok ################################################# 10/10 Sharapova @3.50 Betfair MAXx5 50/10 :hope & 10/10 Mauresmo @5.30 Betfair MAXx5 50/10 :hope ################################################# Im sure you will see me putting a Bet/Pick or two in here the next couples of weeks.. :rollin If you wanna see me in here, or should I stay to the Cross Country.. ;) Im pretty sure I will find some good stuff during the next three or four weeks. Good Luck with "The Breaking of serve" TopCruiser

Australian Open Hi guys, We continue with the following pick for tomorrow: WTA TOUR, AUSTRALIAN OPEN CLIJSTERS TO WIN AN AUSTRALIAN OPEN @ 7 on bet365 After starting the year with 4-0 in winning bets, we would like to go with something more risky. Clijsters is in a good form winning Hong Kong Champions Challenge exhibition event last week by defeating Sharapova in the finals. This week she is in SF of Sydney event after dropping just 6 games in two of her matches. After withdrawal of Henin and Venus Williams, early losses of Mauresmo and Serena Williams in Sydney and Hobart this week, Clijsters looks to be one of the top two favorites for the Australian Open title along with Sharapova, whom she defeated last week.

Re: Australia Open 2007

SportTennis
EventAustralian Open Womens
SelectionMaria Sharapova
Strength10/10
Date28/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningWon the US Open in September, her 2nd Grand Slam, but apart from The French, she overall did quite consistant in the slams last year, semis in both Australia and Wimbledon if i remember correctly. Of the challengers, well Mauresmo seems a bit inconsistant now, losing against Janvovic this week and Sharapova beat Cjisters easily in WTA Championship 2 months ago. I ignore exhibition events where Cjisters beat her last week but Sharapova should be much sharper for this. So I find it difficult to see a woman capable of beating her without Henin-Hardenne in the field.

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Women I watched Kljisters today, and although she won, didn't look that convincing to me, movement was off. I'll lay her for the title. Sharapova is a worthy fav, but I saw Jankovic in Auckland this week, and she looks in great form, depending on the draw she could easily make the semis, I might back her outright, with the aim of laying her off later

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Women Jankovic had that one nailed last night AJ(FG), but totally threw it away by losing her head over some line calls - I'm still tearing hair out over it :wall. Keeping the head screwed on cost her the US Semi also, so she'll need to fix that by the later rounds - and maybe last night will force her to. Could all the tennis she's had mean she's flat in two weeks though, while Cljisters, Mauresmo, etc will continue to peak? Just the same I'm happy with 31.00 Jankovic I took ealier, as surely she can win it. I'll probably back Jankovic all up (accumulative) to make the quarters. She has a good draw heading towards Petrova in 4th round. I figure I should end with odds around 3.25+/- :hope. The Hobart winner Chakvetadze looks to be having a solid prep also. I may look at doing something similar with her? Ash.

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Women

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPoutchkova - Domachowska
SelectionPoutchkova
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.41 (Back)
ReasoningDomachowska is in really poor form for a few month now.She wasn't even able to win qualies at Hobart.She is really poor.Poutchkova on the other hand is a solid average player and at Hobart she gave really good fight to Chakvetadze.Result is obvious for me here and anything else than Poutchkova win will be big surprise for me.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventAzarenka - Fedak
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.99 (Back)
ReasoningI'm giving a slighty advantage to Azarenka here.She is really good on hard courts and she has a great potential.Fedak is nothing special really.Just an average player.My money are on young gun Azarenka here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventArvidsson - Sugiyama
SelectionArvidsson
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 4.19 (Back)
ReasoningGreat price and great value on Arvidsson here I believe.She is not that bad hard court player and she surely can make an upset here.H2H is 1:1.Sofia won at 2003 Fed Cup 7:5 6:1 and then she losed in 2006 at Miami after tough 3 set match 7:6 3:6 2:6.Sugiyama gave good fight to Dementieva last week in two first sets before she was trashed in third.I don't believe that she should be such a big favourite here and Sofia is worth a shot.

5pts K.Clijsters to win Australian Open 4/1 Blue Square Kim Clijsters won the warm-up tournament to this event. Looking at her draw here she really should have few problems making it to the quarter final where a potential match up with Martina Hingis is in store. If she wins that then top seed Maria Sharapova could await her in the semi's. Overall though, I don't think the top half of the draw is that strong. Clijsters has broken her grand slam duck and will look to win a couple more before she retires. She couldn't really have hand picked a nicer draw than she's got here and that can't be ignored. With her draw as it is then 4/1 is a fair price on the Belgian and one I'm happy to take.

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Women Sharapova for me, the "female Nadal" as i call her,while henin is my "female federer":ok but i woudnt back sharapova to win it, is no sense at all,besides i am old fashioned, very rare i watch women tennis, when only i am too bored, but my eye is on the young russian, i dont see any upset in women see ya :beer

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCravero - Muller
SelectionCravero
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.29 (Back)
ReasoningSeems like 50/50 for me here.Muller in awfull form losing both her matches this year to Safarova and Suarez.She is rather clay player and hard isn't the surface on which she feels best.Cravero on the other hand seems to be in pretty decent form as she easily won her quailifying matches.All in straight sets.She knows how to play on hard as in previous year she won few challengers on this surface.With a bit of luck she can take it as Muller isn't a great player for sure.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventVoracova - Shaughnessy
SelectionVoracova
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.76 (Back)
ReasoningVoracova made it through qualies to the main draw beating on her way Sanja Ancic and Bacsinszky.Voracova is not so bad on hard.Of course most of her wins on hard are at challengers but still.Shaughnessy on the other hand losed both her matches this year very easily.For about two years now she is in a downtrend and for three years she wasn't able to make it to the 2nd round of AO.Value on Voracova.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCornet - Hantuchova
SelectionCornet
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 4.60 (Back)
ReasoningHantuchova's mother, Marianna revealed: "The health of Daniela is really not good. She has a high temperature, she is in bad condition and Australian doctors do not know the reason of her illness. We hope and we believe she will play in Melbourne but her participation is really not sure right now." I'm going to try this one.Hantuchova didn't start this year well and she seems to be in pretty average form.Cornet is a young French player and she made it to the main draw through qualies so she has few matches behind her already.Her main seems to be clay but I believe that she can give good fight tonight to Hantuchova.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRezai - Loit
SelectionRezai
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningI really like Rezai.She is great talent and she has great backhand.She had really good US Open and I believe that here at AO she also can play good tennis.Loit is just an average player and I think that Rezai has all it takes to win this one.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventFerguson - Kostanic
SelectionFerguson
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.43 (Back)
ReasoningKostanic is in not so great form at the beginning of the year losin both of her two matches so far.She is not so great at Grand Slams.As far as she go was 3rd round and most of her appearances were ended after 1st round.Ferguson is young Australian player and she has pretty decent hard court record in challengers.She also won against Sugiyama this year and losed against in-form Stosur.I believe that she can make a little upset here and I'm going to trust her here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventZahlavova - Groenefeld
SelectionZahlavova
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.71 (Back)
ReasoningI don't believe that Groenefeld should be such a strong favourite here.She is totaly out of form for a long time now and she is losing everything she can.Mainly on hard courts.She is rather clay courter so her results on hard are not so impressive.Zahlavova on the other hand started pretty well this year by winning qualies at Gold Coast and losin in the first round to Na Li.Here at Melbourne she also had to play qualies so she already knows the courts well.This girl really knows how to play on hard and she can give Groenefeld good fight.
Also was thinking about Gagliardi 2,99, Beygelzimer 3,44, Kanepi 2,17.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKirilenko - Vakulenko
SelectionVakulenko
Strength10/10
Date16/01/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetDirect @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningI don't know why Kirilenko is such strong favourite here.Bookies keep doing these all the time.She is favourite almost in every match while she is in awfull form for a few months now.She was lucky against Sprem as Sprem just wasn't able to finish her.She made many unforced errors and that's why she didn't won against Kirilenko.Only thing that bothers me is that Vakulenko already played four three set matches here at AO.And in that heat it can be a problem with her stamina.All in all it's worth a shot.
Close Window

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women serena williams to win the aussie open @16 betfair ooowwwoo, i am so impressed by the american, despite the fact that she is overloaded by at least 10 kg, she is so powerfull and experinced that would beat ALL wta tour imo we have a female with male power, her first serve goes so high as 200-205 km, not the mention the rest of reactions in court and the tremendus powerfull forehands or backdands betting opportunity imo,not to be missed (poor sharapova what waits you LOL)

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women like three matches tonight, one will be my strongest bet of the tournament so far, this is as much to do with the odds, which I feel are huge, as for any other reason. Value being the number one criteria for successful betting. However, I will keep you waiting and start elsewhere. Ashley Harkleroad did us a favour the other day and could easily be on her way back into the top 20 or so. In that win over Groenefeld, she kept the errors down to the absolute minimum and created a lot of break points. that may say as much about her opponent's poor play, but will have given the young American, a lot of confidence. She meets Daniela Hantuchova, who came into the tournament with a mystery illness and has not convinced in her two performances so far, serving poorly, making a lot of unforced errors and giving up chances, that her opponents have not taken. You are never sure which Daniela will turn up, she could come out and play beautifully, but at the odds available, we have to side with Harkleroad. Next up, I like Robby Ginepri to take a set from James Blake. These two know each others game very well and have been practice partners for the past few weeks. Ginepri has looked sharp and should be capable of getting back into the top 20, he doesn't have so many points to protect this year, so may not feel so much pressure, which was a problem last season. H2h is 2-2, with Robbie holding a 2-1 advantage on hardcourts. A lay of James Blake 3-0 in sets, looks good to me. My final choice is Alicia Molik over Patty Schnyder. The Australian had a fantastic early 2005 and got her ranking up to number 8. She then developed a complicated ear infection and eventually had almost a year out of the game. Molik made a quicker comeback than was at first expected and returned halfway through last year, struggling a little. The winter break looks to have done her good, she won the wild card playoffs to get here and then played in the Hopman Cup, beating Harkleroad and Petrova. Molik has played well here over the opening two rounds, averaging 11 aces and winning over 78% of first serves. She is hungry and looking to add to her record of a 4th round and quarter-final appearance, on her last two visits to the Australian Open. Schnyder, has had a very nice career, but is very up and down and her highest ever ranking of 7, is only one spot above Molik's high and injury prevented the Australian from fulfilling her potential. Cannot see why the Swiss player is so short, the MOST I could favour her is 45-55, we can back Alicia at 3.0 or 33%, so we HAVE to get involved. The crowd will be massively on her side and so will I. 5 points Molik to beat Schnyder 3.0 Betfair. LAY 2.5 points Blake to win 3-0 sets 2.20 Betfair ( max exposure 3 points). 2 points Harkleroad to beat Hantuchova 2.86 Betfair.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Well it's all gone strange, I have no idea who is going to win this, I wrote off Kim ealry in the tournement but she is playing well. Williams looked great thrashing Jankovic, and must be a really contender, Maria S is in great form, but will face Clijsters in a semi. I don't think we can rule out Hingis 100% either. Shaping up to be a great tournement, at this stage my money is still on sharapova, but I have real doubts now

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Hi all. I´m betting tennis now and then, so I´m not expert on this ballgame. I´m thinking to add S. Williams to win Peer to my footie-double and only thing that worries me is the heat and how its gonna effect Serena. What I have read she was having a really hard time in previous match in those temperatures, she is somewhat colossal player if I may say :lol I guess all the big players suffers there on those conditions. Could Mauresmos poor result there indicate that is the problem ? Also on mens side Safin was eliminated early. Otherhand Serena is mentally pretty tough but does this match come too soon for her ? The price that I´m able to bet is 1.35 and it seems little skinny. My quess is that she could reach the final but will be too tired to win the tittle.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women She won her last match pretty easily and she's had a day's rest since then. The weather forecasts I've read suggest it's not going to be very hot in Melbourne this week either. Around 24C so heat shouldn't really be a major issue. Can't really offer any advice apart from that. I've been impressed by Serena so far and expect her to win but don't really follow the women's game and know next to nothing about Peer. I'll probably take Serena in a small stakes double(with Vaidisova and/or Roddick perhaps) if I end up watching it just for an interest. If not, I'll leave it alone.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women I cannot consider myself as a tennis expert, although I have watched some games in this tourney and today I'm on Williams, Roddick and small stakes Safarova. Williams and Roddick are obviously favourites in their games, and what I have noticed watching this tourney that mental approach has huge impact on one's game. I have seen some matches where visibly better players were outplayed by experience of others and I think this may well happen today with Roddick and Williams. Also H2H comparison is well favouring this duo. Williams/Roddick 1.63 Betfair 8/10 Lucie Safarova impressed me playing against Mauresmo, she hit good, strong balls and actually ruled the French, having more winners in the game (22 - 14) and comparable amount of unforced errors (22-23). Mauresmo looked completely surprised by Safarova performance and lost 7 games in a row (!). This may well had been just a bad day for Mauresmo, but Safarova performance and odds of ~3.5 are worth a try for me. Safarova 3.55 Betfair 4/10

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women AO SF women Nicole Vaidisova @1.90 v Serena Williams @2.10 GREAT bet opportunity, here we have a legend come truth in theatre of tennis,against a young but overestimated czech to my eyes this should be 1.15 in favour of serena,the young czech is moving backwards, she is becoming ugly physically and gamely,she gained waight, and in my opinion her chances are near to ZERO THATS the reason i transfered today a cargo train loaded with euros to my gibraltar based bookie ( he offered me 1.900...not 2.10 though) and i am confident that the tennis tank called serena will win thats my theory,thays my idea, serena will play as true champion, she faced much harder opponents than nicole,for example Peer was amazing and fantastic, and in no circumstances to compare vaidisova with Peer, the israeli is by far the better one... good luck to everybody :clap :clap Serena Williams to win @2.10 betfair