** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th)

Unbelievable end to that Singapore match, still cant believe they received 10 free throws in the final secodns which enabled them to win this match!! :loon Something you rarely see
Don't even get me started ..:@ Check out NBL on fox this wednesday night .. you'll see Cat ripping off his singlet and hurling it onto the court as he leaves the arena (he got ejected in that farsical finish) .. The boys were not happy ..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Wollongong vs West Sydney The Hawks fired two nights ago on the road against New Zealand by 30 points to get their first win under new coach Erik Cooks. That win was through alot of hard work as Erik Cooks looks to have turned this club around somewhat after 5 very close losses to some of the best teams in this league and they now look on the way up to challenge for a finals birth. So at home here i expect the Hawks to get a huge win against a poor West Sydney team who are on a 20 game losing run and who lost two nights ago by a massive 39 points against Townsville at home. Computer Generated Prediction:

Hawks28262728109
Razorbacks2426232497
Wollongong -15.5 at $2.10 - (4/10) Total Points Under 208.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Townsville vs Singapore The Crocodiles are a side who are crusing towards a top 4 position and will of pencilled this match in for a win. Singapore are poor travellers who were 1 win from 10 on the road before lasts nights upset win over Cairns, but that win was largely due to a controversal last few seconds as Singapore were awarded a technical foul and receieved 10 free throws which enabled them to claim the win in a match that looked set to go down the wire. They will be fatigued here and i cant see them backing up here tonight against Townsville who are one of the betetr home teams in this league with a record of 11 wins from 12 and currently sit in 3rd position on the table. They beat West Sydney by 39 points midweek and that total looked like going over 50 points at one stage thats how well they were playing. They have great depth in their side and while Singapore are capable of giving them a scare, i think ultimately Townsville will be way to good here and will be alot more fresher and i expect Townsville to get the win. Computer Generated Prediction:

Crocodiles27272627107
Slingers25252526101
Townsville Over 10.5 at $1.90 - (6/10) Total Points Under 213.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Iceman79 and Kewell Ridiculing a fellow member about his or her Country of origin will not be tolerated here at PL and especially in the Australian NBL thread. These type of comments and jokes are most offensive and not in the spirit of PL. If guests are wandering through PL and are viewing these threads then it can give the impression that we support this type of trash talk, when in fact it is quite the opposite. You have both been warned and if it happens again then expect a ban. This thread is for thoughts, previews and comments on the NBL and not for taking the mickey out of other people who post in here. That also goes for all other Sport's threads as well. We value your input to these Aussie threads and you both have much to offer in the way of tips and reviews with your sport knowledge, and it's a shame you take the gloss off your great work with comments like these. So more of the great tips and NO more of the personal attacks on members, because we don't want to lose you. I'm sure you will both take these comments on board and respond in a positive manner. Best of luck with your tips tonight :ok

ads25' date= I do not think that Crocs will cover handi, last time Crocs played away Razorbacks they didnt cover(game went to overtime), altough there was just 1 missing basket needed for a "push". Also crocs game over 211,5, to me first this doesn't look as a over, because last time Crocs played Razorbacks away the score was 98-98 in regulation and Crocs had trouble scoring. My suggestion is to avoid these bets at all... http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s...splay&aid=4478 guy says, that 36ers will loose only by 5 points. Ads25, how can you just write this team off after thy have won already 2 straight on the road? So I think 36ers +12 is the play. I agree with Taipans -10, Slingers are no good on the road and 10 points is not much asked to cover. But last time Taipans played Breakers at home it went to overtime and they didn't cover, also last time Taipans played Slingers at home, they won by exactly 8 points, so again a hard call on about Taipans covering here or not. Maybe no bet is best call on these 2 games. Wildcats game can easily go over and Slingers too.
TKT These are two of your most recent posts in this NBL thread. Why do you always feel the need to single out Ads25 to make get your point accross? This is not the first time it has happened and you have been put on notice before. Ads25 puts a hell of a lot of work into the NBL thread and your comments are offending people who follow Ads25's tips religiously and your actions are completely unecessary. Would it be possible for you to simply give your opinion on a game and not say why you disagree with someone else? Many others have opinions in here but it is always Ads25 that you make a point of disagreeing with. Unless you are going to be right 100% of the time then there is no foundation for it. You obviously know your stuff as some of your posts have been spot on, so share your opinion so we can all learn from your knowledge. Opinion is a great thing, but do not keep using Ads25 as a springboard to why you think his tips are ill informed, and yours are supposedly right. You have been warned for the last time and if it happens again you can expect a ban. I hope that does not happen because you too have much to offer the NBL thread, you just need to do it in a respectful way. :ok

Iceman79 and Kewell Ridiculing a fellow member about his or her Country of origin will not be tolerated here at PL and especially in the Australian NBL thread. These type of comments and jokes are most offensive and not in the spirit of PL. If guests are wandering through PL and are viewing these threads then it can give the impression that we support this type of trash talk, when in fact it is quite the opposite. You have both been warned and if it happens again then expect a ban. This thread is for thoughts, previews and comments on the NBL and not for taking the mickey out of other people who post in here. That also goes for all other Sport's threads as well. We value your input to these Aussie threads and you both have much to offer in the way of tips and reviews with your sport knowledge, and it's a shame you take the gloss off your great work with comments like these. So more of the great tips and NO more of the personal attacks on members, because we don't want to lose you. I'm sure you will both take these comments on board and respond in a positive manner. Best of luck with your tips tonight :ok
Please highlight where I said anything remotely insulting regarding any person's country of origin.

Wollongong -15.5 at $2.10 - (4/10) Total Points Under 208.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)
West Sydney win 106-102 in one of the biggest upsets of this season. Its their first win on the road in well over a year and there first win in the league since the end of October, so their 20 game losing run has ended at the hands of Wollongong. A terrible result for Wollongong who won by 30 points only a few nights ago and looked to have got their season back on track. Not all doom and gloom though, we got under the 208.5 total points line by 0.5 points so got a bit of luck and helps us break even for this game. Will now look to the Townsville match

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Thanx Expert :ok I was just about to go hunting for that. Kewell you were not the instigator here but you were indirectly involved in the Estonia banter and it is not NBL based and inflammatory...I realise after reading the thread that you tried to give Ice some information about Estonia so he could read it...But you had your contribution too, however minor with regard to the ongoing Estonia comments...Ads25 speaks highly of you with regard to the NBL thread so don't take it personal and think of it as a way of showing other thread readers what is acceptable behaviour and what is not...So even being indirectly involved can have a positive influence. I'm sure it won't happen again and we can all move on from here and keep this one of the most happening threads on PL.

Iceman79 and Kewell Ridiculing a fellow member about his or her Country of origin will not be tolerated here at PL and especially in the Australian NBL thread. These type of comments and jokes are most offensive and not in the spirit of PL. If guests are wandering through PL and are viewing these threads then it can give the impression that we support this type of trash talk, when in fact it is quite the opposite. You have both been warned and if it happens again then expect a ban. This thread is for thoughts, previews and comments on the NBL and not for taking the mickey out of other people who post in here. That also goes for all other Sport's threads as well. We value your input to these Aussie threads and you both have much to offer in the way of tips and reviews with your sport knowledge, and it's a shame you take the gloss off your great work with comments like these. So more of the great tips and NO more of the personal attacks on members, because we don't want to lose you. I'm sure you will both take these comments on board and respond in a positive manner. Best of luck with your tips tonight :ok
Firstly BJ thanks for thanking the time to highlight the topic. There was no racial intent intend in the following two quotes below. Quote: do you even get these games in estonia? I am going to follow ads & kewell with there predictions they are on fire;) good luck guys:hope Quote: do they have electricity in Estonia I dont even freakin know where estonia is:lol I had know idea where Estonia is located in the world and assumed it could quite possibly be a third world country(no insult intended). Kewell did send a link & cleared that matter up. I am not a geography major & don't claim to be, I am sure that there are members in here who have no idea where alot of countries are located throught the world, you can't hold that against them, I am sure some people can though:loon expert & G:G if you sit in front of your computer screen trying to make something out of nothing & falling back on the old racial biasis excuse, surely you have more important things in life to worry about. I personally think it is time to get off your high horse & worry about other things in life besides this. Quote: guy says, that 36ers will loose only by 5 points. Ads25, how can you just write this team off after thy have won already 2 straight on the road? So I think 36ers +12 is the play. I agree with Taipans -10, Slingers are no good on the road and 10 points is not much asked to cover. But last time Taipans played Breakers at home it went to overtime and they didn't cover, also last time Taipans played Slingers at home, they won by exactly 8 points, so again a hard call on about Taipans covering here or not. Maybe no bet is best call on these 2 games. Wildcats game can easily go over and Slingers too. what exactly was TKT trying to imply by the post above?????? I feel if you are going to contribute something in the way of prediction it should be clear rather than rambling on.( no offence implied) I still am unsure what he is trying to say here??????

Estonia is in Europe' date=' as it won the 2000 Eurovision Song Contest. :ok[/quote'] classic....I did find out they were in europe( I thought it was in africa or asia) after kewell listed a link;) but I didn't know that they were so musically talented.

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Thanx for the explanation Ice, and for responding the way you did. Just to let you know...The issue was brought up in the Mods forum along with Tkt's posting with regards to Ads25 and opinions were in the majority that we cannot have any posts that are considered inflammatory towards a member's Country or race. If you meant no harm and didn't intend to sound the way it was taken, and in your opinion feel you were taken out of context , then thanx for explaining your thinking...Sometimes the written text does not read that way when someone else reads it, as in this occasion, especially when different cultures are involved. Many of the little known European countries have limited knowledge of English and that is why some of their posts appear a little indifferent at times...From what I am told, Estonia's original language isn't english and human communication is 90% non-verbal, so this may explain why Tkt's posts sound like rambling to you, because if someone does not understand the English language, then it can be hard to write in the correct grammar...It would be like you writing something in here in Chinese..Europeans also have little tolerance for these types of comments which is why GG and Expert probably made their view known, which they were well entitled to do...They are not on their high horse, they are defending their culture. Ice you are a New Zealander, and me being an Aussie I realise the NZedders and the Aussies have a different laidback, take the piss type culture, which can can sometimes be forgotten when we are in a forum and speaking with users from all over the world, where cultures are very different, and people can be offended very easily. It happened to me a while ago when I took umbrage to someone from a little known country and it was more or less a carbon copy of what has happened here...A miscommunication between different cultures...So that is why it is best for all to treat others as equals and post in a way that we cannot be misconstrued. Hopefully Tkt will also benefit from this issue being brought in the open and coming posts can be more clear and to the point. So let's simply move on and get back to what we do best, and that's make the NBL thread the place to be, after the A League thread of course. If anyone thinks what they are posting may be offensive, then it probably is, and reconsider before you hit "Submit" :ok

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Beejayville: Very well spoken, agree 100%. Iceman: Thank you very much for telling me what to do and what to worry about. Very useful advice. Ok, won't pollute this thread with off subject stuff anymore. Ads: Keep it up, what youre doing is great ! :clap

expert & G:G if you sit in front of your computer screen trying to make something out of nothing & falling back on the old racial biasis excuse, surely you have more important things in life to worry about. I personally think it is time to get off your high horse & worry about other things in life besides this.
I must say that I am very sorry that i use ads thread to write this kind off stuff in. Iceman...Youre telling me that im making something out of nothing, well better read again what you wrote.....and excuse me who are you to tell me what i can or can not think.... Ive seen only one thing today.. YOU made a racistic "joke" towards ALL people who live in Estonia, and now your excusing your actions with ignorance and lack of knowledge. Well my boy, you better think before you jump..because with this kind of attitude you wont get far. Ok, just wanted to lay that off my chest. As far as im concerned this subject is over...and everyone can make their own judgement about the Iceman posts..were they intended as his wish to learn about new countries, or were they rasistic remarks towards tkt and his nation of origin. Sorry for poluting the topic ads...

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) arite guys!not an expert on the NBL and have been paying more attention to the thread recently. i fancy taking the Bullets on the over 10.5 at 1.86 but am abit reserved because i see that the Kings are no mugs and the price on the Bullets win is pathetic at just 1.13 also like the look of the Tigers to beat the razorbacks but centrebt dont have any prices so not sure of what line to pick any thooughts or comment appreciated from the NBL experts cheers

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Three games on tonight to complete Round 17 and they are: Brisbane vs Sydney West Sydney vs Melbourne South vs Cairns Again im left with very little time to do big previews so will do what i can. Its been a tough round to date with games that look pretty certain going the other way, so will have to stake less tonight incase this trend continues to happen

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Brisbane vs Sydney This should be a tight match and is a replay of the match played only a fortnight ago where Brisbane won a very close one in the final secodns. The first stat ill post about this game is the fact that in the last 13 meetings between these two sides at this venue, 11 have ended with the margin being single digits to the victor so it just goes to show how tight these battles are. Brisbane sit top of the overall table and are rated the best home side in the league with 12 wins in 13 games and this can be attributed to their amazing team depth. Their starting 5 are all incredible players, but its their bench that leads them over the other teams as they are all capable of coming on and making just as big an impact as their starters, if not more of an impact. They are a geat side with alot of experience also and are very strong, especially at this venue. Sydney are also a good side and any side coached by Brian Gorjan are always going to be dangerous, but i think most would agree with me when i say that the Kings arent the force now that they have been in recent years. With players leaving the club and injuries to certain players, Sydney have lacked a certain something in particular games this year and they will need to fire tonight to get over a rampaging Bullets team destined on making this years Grand Final. But if history is any guide then this one will be close, very close. Computer Generated Prediction:

Bullets26262628106
Kings2525232598
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Brisbane Under 10.5 at $2.70 - (3/10) Total Points Under 208.5 at $1.90 - (4/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) West Sydney vs Melbourne Well this game could be more interesting than most predict after West Sydneys amazing win last night against the Hawks, perhaps the upset of the season to date. Their 20 game overall losing streak and 29 away game losing run came to an end with an epic final 8 seconds of last nights match seeing them get home by 4 points and effectively ending the Hawks season. West Sydney have no hope of making the top 8, but they will now be hell bent on making sure other sides miss the 8 also. Melbourne are a team with mixed form at the moment, they have won only 3 of the past 6 but Wednesday nights win over the Dragons was a very solid performance and one that shows they are back on the right track. I must point out now that Melbourne are currently ranked the bottom club in the fourth quarters and they just cannot finish teams off. A strange fact considering the amazing depth this team has, quite often they have looked to have blow out victories against clubs after getting 20 points ahead in the second quarter, but clubs alwyas claw their way back as Melbourne get shaky towards the end. Id expect Melbourne to win this game though because if not it could end any hope of the all important top 2 finish. David Stiff is out long term for the Tigers so he is a bit of a loss, but that is counteracted by the fact ames Harvey may miss tonights home match with what looked to be an injury he picked up in last nights match. My tip here is for Melbourne to win and that they will wrap up the result in the first half, but West Sydney will claw the points back later on in the game to make it under 10.5, but Melbourne to always be in control. Computer Generated Prediction:

Razorbacks2424252699
Tigers28272625106
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Melbourne Under 10.5 at $2.75 - (3/10) Total Points Over 207.5 at $1.90 - (4/10) At Sportingbet

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) South Dragons vs Cairns Should be an intersting match, this game isnt played at the Dragons usual venue but instead up the road at Geelong Arena where Shane Heal made a name for himself as a young player. Sth Dragons looked to have turned their season around with some good victories in recent weeks, but a first quarter lapse against Melbourne on Wednesday night effectively squashed any hoep of winning the match, they trailed by 15 points at quarter time but got the margin back to only a few points in the last quarter before the Tigers eventually got the win. They are a very impressive side the Dragons once they get their running game going, Rosell Ellis is brillaint, Shane Heal will love to return to the Geelong Arena and have a huge game and the likes of Kavossy Franklin, Jacob Holmes and the very impressive 19 year old Joe Ingles look to be way too much for this Cairns outfit. Cairns lost only their second match at home two nights ago at the hands of the Singapore Slingers who were awarded a 10 throw tech foul in the dying seconds. This will of hurt the Taipans mentally and they traditionally are very poor travellers as their 3 wins from 13 matches on the road this year suggests. Now they must travel 3+ hours down from Cairns to make this trip and i really cant imagine them winning this. I think the Dragons can win this by a big margin and theres good odds for them to do so, even if the generated prediciton suggests otherwise. Computer Generated Prediction:

Dragons27242527103
Taipans25272426102
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Dragons Over 10.5 at $3.10 - (3/10) Total Points Over 205.5 at $1.90 - (4/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) My suggestion would be to be careful on taking multi bets tonight with these games. As we approach the playoffs over the next few weeks, you can expect to see some strange results which has been the case the last few rounds. Good luck to those betting tonight :ok

Beejayville: Very well spoken, agree 100%. Iceman: Thank you very much for telling me what to do and what to worry about. Very useful advice. Ok, won't pollute this thread with off subject stuff anymore. Ads: Keep it up, what youre doing is great ! :clap
Well said G:G and good luck with any bets tonight in the NBL :cheers

I must say that I am very sorry that i use ads thread to write this kind off stuff in. Iceman...Youre telling me that im making something out of nothing, well better read again what you wrote.....and excuse me who are you to tell me what i can or can not think.... Ive seen only one thing today.. YOU made a racistic "joke" towards ALL people who live in Estonia, and now your excusing your actions with ignorance and lack of knowledge. Well my boy, you better think before you jump..because with this kind of attitude you wont get far. Ok, just wanted to lay that off my chest. As far as im concerned this subject is over...and everyone can make their own judgement about the Iceman posts..were they intended as his wish to learn about new countries, or were they rasistic remarks towards tkt and his nation of origin. Sorry for poluting the topic ads...
take it how ever you may! there was no racist joke made toward Estonia! personally I dont give a shit what you think & dont need your advice for a start:@ I just hope I never have too come across someone as uptight as yourself ever again!

South Dragons vs Cairns Should be an intersting match, this game isnt played at the Dragons usual venue but instead up the road at Geelong Arena where Shane Heal made a name for himself as a young player. Sth Dragons looked to have turned their season around with some good victories in recent weeks, but a first quarter lapse against Melbourne on Wednesday night effectively squashed any hoep of winning the match, they trailed by 15 points at quarter time but got the margin back to only a few points in the last quarter before the Tigers eventually got the win. They are a very impressive side the Dragons once they get their running game going, Rosell Ellis is brillaint, Shane Heal will love to return to the Geelong Arena and have a huge game and the likes of Kavossy Franklin, Jacob Holmes and the very impressive 19 year old Joe Ingles look to be way too much for this Cairns outfit. Cairns lost only their second match at home two nights ago at the hands of the Singapore Slingers who were awarded a 10 throw tech foul in the dying seconds. This will of hurt the Taipans mentally and they traditionally are very poor travellers as their 3 wins from 13 matches on the road this year suggests. Now they must travel 3+ hours down from Cairns to make this trip and i really cant imagine them winning this. I think the Dragons can win this by a big margin and theres good odds for them to do so, even if the generated prediciton suggests otherwise. Computer Generated Prediction:
Dragons27242527103
Taipans25272426102
Suggested Bets to Look Into: Dragons Over 10.5 at $3.10 - (3/10) Total Points Over 205.5 at $1.90 - (4/10)
I know your computer has been on fayaaaar this season but there's bit more to sport than crunching numbers and I think this afternoon is a prime example .. It's a tough ask for the Taipans but having seen friday night's farsical ending and how infuriated a lot of the group was, I have to think this spot is taylor made for them to hit back hard this afternoon .. Infact if Cairns can't fire up and win this game outright or at least run the Dragons very close they may as well pack up shop right now .. I'd pay serious consideration to Cairns catching a handful of points in a neutral venue today .. ;)

take it how ever you may! there was no racist joke made toward Estonia! personally I dont give a shit what you think & dont need your advice for a start:@ I just hope I never have too come across someone as uptight as yourself ever again!
It's over Ice, everyone has had their say and it's time to move on...Build a bridge and get over it and don't keep fanning the flames...It's an NBL thread so talk NBL and give the attitude a rest.