** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th)

Schedule
s.gif
s.gif
Round 17 (All times local at venue)
s.gif
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Match (Home v Away)VenueTimeTV
>SlingersvKingsSingapore Indoor Stadium08:00PM WST
TigersvDragonsState Netball Hockey Centre - Melbourne07:34PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
RazorbacksvCrocodilesCoffs Harbour07:40PM AEDT
36ersvTaipansDistinctive Homes Dome - Adelaide07:10PM CDT
s.gif
Thursday, January 11, 2007
BreakersvHawksNorth Shore Events Centre - Auckland07:00PM NZDT
s.gif
Friday, January 12, 2007
TaipansvSlingersCairns Convention Centre07:40PM AEST
Wildcatsv36ersChallenge Stadium - Perth07:00PM AWST
s.gif
Saturday, January 13, 2007
HawksvRazorbacksWIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong07:34PM AEDTnblschedule_nblonfox.gif
CrocodilesvSlingersTownsville Entertainment Centre08:00PM AEST
s.gif
Sunday, January 14, 2007
BulletsvKingsBrisbane Convention Centre06:30PM AEST
RazorbacksvTigersSydney Olympic Park Sports Centre05:00PM AEDT
DragonsvTaipansGeelong Arena - Geelong06:00PM AEST

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) There are 4 games being played tommorow night to kick off Round 17, so i will put in my previews 24 hours before the first match to assist you European punters interested in following them in different time zones.

Singapore vs Sydney
Melbourne vs Dragons
West Sydney vs Townsville
Adelaide vs Cairns
Good luck all those betting :ok

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Singapore vs Sydney

Tough game to predict here as both teams have been funny as of late. Singapores home form has been solid the last month winning 4 of their last 5 here with the only loss coming last Wednesday against a red hot Dragons. Singapore would still fancy their chances to make a finals appearance so they know how important these home games are as they have won only 1 of 9 games on the road. They have had a heavy workload lately with 3 games last week and another 3 this round so will fatigue play a part here? Sydney also have had a heavy workload and the long long trip to Singapore has made a lot of teams this season look sluggish so that’s one big advantage Singapore have here. I watched all Sydney’s match Saturday night against Wollongong on tv and while they did get the win in the end, in patches they were terrible and after skipping out to a 16 point lead at half time they let the lowly Hawks (9 losses from 10) get in front with only 4 minutes remaining in the final quarter. This has happened a lot in recent weeks where lapses of concentration really hurt them on the scoreboard and this is a danger game for them. On the road Sydney have won 5 from 12 which isnt real impressive to say the least and they haven’t really beaten anyone of significance with as all their road wins have come against lowly teams not in the top 8. Singapore have had some good scalps at home only last week defeating Townsville who had won 8 from 9 games before being killed by the Slingers. The Slingers are a very attacking team lead by Marquin Chandler & Mike Helms, while when Ben Knight and Ben Melmeth (against his old team) start getting hot, they are very difficult for any team in the league to stop. Mark Worthington will probably be in charge of taking care of Knight but Chandler is very dangerous when going forward and he will be the key man. For Sydney Ed Scott has been their most significant player lately winning the player of the week award for his efforts last round. Jason Smith & Ian Crosswhite impressed me on the weekend and Luke Kendall will be hoping he can find some of the form he had midway through the season where he was unstoppable. Former NBA player Jerome Beasley made a mixed start last round and looked overweight, so how much part he will play in this match remains to be seen, but he is always a danger. Hard match to pick a winner in, but ill go with Singapore just in what will be a close game, the home ground advantage will play a big part here. Definitely not one to stake high in though.

Good money on the Singapore straight victory here at $2.12 and they are at $1.90 for a 2 point head start which is just as good. Id expect them to win this Under 10.5 so $3.15 available here is worth a shot. The point line for this game is 201.5 and I think this will come close to being covered as they are a high scoring team the Slingers. So ill be going the over with medium stakes.

Computer Generated Prediction:

Slingers

Kings

Singapore Under 10.5 at $3.15 – (3/10)

Singapore Win at $2.12 – (4/10)

Singapore +2 at $1.90 – (5/10)

Total Over 201.5 at $1.90 – (4/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Melbourne vs Dragons

Well Melbourne have been a very costly team for me the last few weeks as they have not been traveling well. This game will be played live on Fox TV tomorrow so it will be an absolute epic between the only two Melbourne sides in the league. I will offer my insight into the match and suggest some bets, but I think it will be one ill be staying away from and just enjoying what should be a good match up. Melbourne have won only 2 of their last 5 matches after going on a 7 game winning run prior to that, but their bad form in the last week or so has seen them drop behind Perth into 3rd spot so they will be fired up tonight. Melbourne rarely lose matches here at The Cage, but they were thumped here last Saturday by a resurging Adelaide side are looking to book their place for a play off birth. From all reports Melbourne played terrible eventually losing by 18 points, but they looked a sniff towards the end of the 3rd quarter where they got within 2 points of Adelaide, but were blown away in the final quarter. This has been a common occurrence for the Tigers all season dropping off at the end. So often this season they have been terrible at the end and if you look at the stats it explains it all, 7 wins from 23 in fourth quarters which simply isnt good enough for a team with the amount of depth they have. That’s what makes them a tough team to bet on, you know they are good enough to blow nearly all the teams in this league away when they are playing well, but they just let teams comeback and it blows your margins away. Moving on to the South Dragons now, and what a resurgence this team is having. Losing its first 5 matches for the season and sacking their coach, Shane Heal has taken over and they havnt looked back winning 12 of their next 20 seeing them to 7th position on the ladder and on track for a home finals birth if they keep coming. Heal has been fantastic, but it has been the service of players such as Kavossy Franklin, Roesell Ellis & Joe Ingles which has seen this team come so far. They are a very exciting team to watch and very attacking and also have good backup to these players such as Jacob Holmes, Frank Drmic & Adam Quick and I believe they are capable of making a bit of noise come finals time with this list. However I think they may have to wait another week because Melbourne should win this one in my opinion, they have a lot more depth on their bench than the Dragons and I believe this will be telling, plus its not often you see Melbourne lose two on the track, especially at home, and they will be fired up more than ever tonight to beat their cross town rivals. If the Tigers drop this game, all hell will break lose and that’s a fact.

Melbourne are shorter than I expected at $1.27 but it’s a game I think they will win. However the Dragons are perhaps worth a punt with a 7.5 point headstart at $1.90 and ill give that a shot. I think Melbourne will win this game Under 10.5 points as they have proved they aren’t capable of putting 4 quarters together pretty much all season and the Dragons will be a tough opponent, so the $2.65 is good value. The points line is 207.5 and I believe this should be covered. The majority of Dragons games this season have been high scoring and ive won a bit backing Dragons Over this season, while the Tigers are a high scoring team at home and defensively have been poor the last few weeks, so ill take the $1.90 on offer.

Tigers

Dragons

Suggested Bets to Look Into:

Melbourne Under 10.5 at $2.65 – (2/10)

Dragons +7.5 at $1.90 – (2/10)

Total Points Over 207.5 at $1.90 – (4/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) West Sydney vs Townsville

A rematch of the game played less than a fortnight ago where Townsville needed overtime to beat a West Sydney side anchored at the bottom of the table for the majority of this season. That was a game Townsville should of really won by a huge margin, but poor shooting cost them a big result. They were shooting at only 62% from the free throw line hitting only 25 of 40 that night and shooting at 47% from the field which was terrible. They got the win in the end though which was ok but there would have been plenty of blushes had they lost that considering West Sydney have now lost 19 matches in a row and are closing in on the worst losing run in league history which was 26 by Geelong in 1988. Townsville are a better team than they showed that night and have won 8 of their past 10 matches and some of those results were by some big margins. At home Townsville appear almost unstoppable winning 11 of 12 games at ‘The Swamp’, but it’s a different story on the road where they have won only 4 of 13 and this looms as a danger game for them. They know a loss here will set them back a long way and perhaps cost them a top 4 spot so they will be fired up to the max. West Sydneys form at home isnt good anyway winning only 2 of 11 at their ground which is just unacceptable. An important factor worth noting here too is that this match is played at CoffsHarbour, the first ever league game played at this venue and this would have to work in Townsvilles favour as West Sydney will be away from their traditional home court. Id expect Townsville to get the job done here very easily if they improve their shooting, and the input from their four main weapons in John Rillie, Brad Newley, EJ Rowland & Larry Abney will be just too much for the Razorbacks to handle. West Sydney have been ok in recent weeks losing some close games, but they now have nothing to play for but pride and their motivation wont be nearly as high as Townsvilles. The Crocodiles will win, but be careful of the Razorbacks fighting back and don’t stake highly.

Not worth taking the Townsville win at $1.33 so look at them winning this one over 10.5 at $2.55 which I believe is a good chance. The Crocodiles have won 10 of their 15 matches over 10.5 so they have proved they can blow teams away and against team who have lost 19 straight and not playing at their traditional home, I cant see why this wont be a thumping. West Sydney play in a lot of high scoring games averaging 98 for and conceding 110 on average, while Townsville average 108 points and concede 106 points on average which is pretty high. The line is 211.5 and I think it can be covered.

Razorbacks

Crocodiles

Townsville Over 10.5 at $2.60 – (7/10)

Townsville -6.5 at $1.90 – (8/10)

Total Points Over 211.5 at $1.90 – (6/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Adelaide vs Cairns

Well, Adelaide are back in a huge way! A massive 18 point win against the reigning premiers Melbourne on the road at a venue where the Tigers had lost only once in over a year proves Adelaide aren’t done and dusted in this season yet. Before that they knocked off Perth Wildcats and they are really starting to stand up at the right time of the season and could be a challenger if they keep this form up. The return of Marcus Timmons has had a lot to do with their recovery as this guy has been brilliant for them and combining beautifully with Willie Farlay & Brett Maher on his return and they now look to be a very attacking team able to post big numbers on the scoreboard. Add to those names the likes of Nick Horvath, Adrian Majstrovich, Lanard Copeland & Darren Ng and the 36’ers look to have a pretty talented squad definitely of being able to put it up against the best teams in the comp as they have done recently. But the biggest impact will come off the field, the Adelaide fans will be coming back in droves now their team is back and traveling to a packed Dome means only one thing for visiting teams, that’s hostility. Considering the Taipans are the worst traveling team in the Top 8 this looks a huge task, the Taipans have won only 2 of 12 on the road and its only their home form that’s keeping them so high on the ladder. But any team with the likes of Martin Cattalini will have other things to say about that, this man has been brilliant for this whole campaign and his teammates Darnell Mee, Anthony Stewart & Kevin Owens will really need to stand up and be counted for tonight because these guys are their top line players, and they will need support from Daman Thornton, Aaron Grabau & Gary Boodnikoff who have proved they are capable of holding their own when playing well. But I really see little hope for the Taipans here and expect them to get absolutely thumped by an Adelaide team who are in sensational form and have a proven track record over the last few weeks against the leagues top sides. They will also be pumped up to get the win for Marcus Timmons who playes his 300th NBL game tonight. Adelaide to win easy.

Adelaide are at $1.50 to win but I believe they will cover the 10.5 margin which is paying at a very good price of $3.20. The lines are just as generous with -4.5 and -6.5 at $1.90 and $2.10 respectively so this is a good opportunity. The Taipans will look to defend for this game and hope to slow the tempo of this match as Adelaide like a fast running game, so this could enable the game to finish under the points line of 200.5.

36ers

Taipans

Suggested Bets to Look Into:

Adelaide Over 10.5 at $3.20 – (6/10)

Adelaide -4.5 and -6.5 at $1.90 and $2.10 – (5/10)

Total Points Under 200.5 at $1.90 - (5/10)

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th)

HEI I have looked at this the last days... Im impressed..Wauuw where is the best place to play theese bets, which bookie.. Highest odds.. ;) TopCruiser
I predominatly use Centrebet, but sometimes use Sportingbet too as they can sometimes have better odds. But Centrebet have the most betting markets on NBL games on the internet. Good luck :ok

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) ads25, I do not think that Crocs will cover handi, last time Crocs played away Razorbacks they didnt cover(game went to overtime), altough there was just 1 missing basket needed for a "push". Also crocs game over 211,5, to me first this doesn't look as a over, because last time Crocs played Razorbacks away the score was 98-98 in regulation and Crocs had trouble scoring. My suggestion is to avoid these bets at all...

ads25' date=' I do not think that Crocs will cover handi, last time Crocs played away Razorbacks they didnt cover(game went to overtime), altough there was just 1 missing basket needed for a "push". Also crocs game over 211,5, to me first this doesn't look as a over, because last time Crocs played Razorbacks away the score was 98-98 in regulation and Crocs had trouble scoring. My suggestion is to avoid these bets at all...[/quote'] Every match is different.

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) News just in. Mark Nash & Lanard Copeland will both miss tonights match for Adelaide and they are big losses. Copeland is a big loss, but they should be able to cover the loss of Nash, but this will reduce their depth off the bench. I still think Adelaide will win though but i may reduce my stakes by 1 point. David Stiff has been ruled out for what looks to be the season for the Melbourne Tigers also and he is a big loss considering he is always in their starting 5 on court. Some injury doubts over Chris Anstey also, but he should be fit to take his spot tonight.

News just in. Mark Nash & Lanard Copeland will both miss tonights match for Adelaide and they are big losses. Copeland is a big loss, but they should be able to cover the loss of Nash, but this will reduce their depth off the bench. I still think Adelaide will win though but i may reduce my stakes by 1 point. David Stiff has been ruled out for what looks to be the season for the Melbourne Tigers also and he is a big loss considering he is always in their starting 5 on court. Some injury doubts over Chris Anstey also, but he should be fit to take his spot tonight.
F*cken great .. :@ .. was lining up Melbourne ML x Adelaide ML @ $1.90 as tonight's play .. probably still will .. the Tigers are more than capable of overcoming one of their talls going down, Nash and Sammy Davis Jr (Copeland) shouldn't be fatal for Adelaide either .. I find it hard to see Sydney losing in Singapore tonight too ..

EventMelbourne v South Melbourne
SelectionSouth Melbourne
Strength10/10
Date10/01/2007
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 4.22 (Back)
ReasoningThe dragons have won the past two in a row, and the tigers have been woeful of late. I am backing this as another upset. The odds are too high for a team with no injuries and current form.

EventSingapore v Sydney
SelectionSingapore
Strength10/10
Date10/01/2007
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 2.15 (Back)
ReasoningSignapore in Singapore? The Kings are all over the show, they're up, they're down, they're inconsistent. Singapore in Singapore over $2? Pure value here for me.

EventAdelaide v Cairns
SelectionAdelaide Under 10.5
Strength10/10
Date10/01/2007
Bookmaker/PriceTab @ 2.70 (Back)
ReasoningAdelaide have been in great form recently, but up against Cairns, I don't think they'll thrash them here tonight.

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) More news just in!! Shane Heal has pulled out of this game 20mins before the match with hamstring soreness. Surely the Tigers look a good thing now with the Dragons most experienced player missing :loon

Re: NBL Basketball - Round 17 (Jan. 10th - 14th) Half Time scores: Melbourne 63 Dragons 40 Adelaide 49 Cairns 47 West Syd. 38 Townsville 71 Some absolute hammerings taking place tonight. Adelaide had built up a handy 10 point buffer right before half time too but let Cairns back in.