Saturday 24th February - Clapham - Team Turmoil

GaF

PuntersLounge have had an invite from London Poker Meet-ups to submit team(s) for this, so if anyone is interested, get posting :ok Details are here - http://poker.meetup.com:80/89/boards/view/viewthread?thread=2551465&pager.offset=0

When and Where: The Lodge, Saturday 24th February 12pm(Date just subject to final confirmation) This Years format: Teams of 5, at £125 per team(£25.00 each), with £110 going into the prizepool and £15 paying for the trophys and medals. A minimum of 8 teams is required, can run just as easy with 12, 14 or 16 Each team must have a captain who will nominate there team members to play in each individual game, no team member can play the same game in both rounds. Table 1 - Pot Limit Hold'em Table 2 - Pot Limit Omaha HiLo Table 3 - Limit Seven Card Stud Table 4 - Limit Seven Card Stud Low (Razz) Table 5 - Half Pot Limit RRP There will be 2 rounds of each, with the winners from each advancing to the final round were team tactics go to the dogs and its everyman for himself, and the cash. In the event thats one team member wins both theire events, ala Joe Latham last year, this player will recieve twice the chips in the final as reward The Grand Final(Event winning players) - Pot Limit Hold'em UNTILL 2 PLAYERS ARE KNOCKED OUT - Tourney then becomes HORRSE The Team trophys and medals will be awarded prior to the grand final. Each table will have no more than 8 players, and your team scores points by way of position finished. 8th place will score 0 points, 7th 1, 6th 2, 5th 3, 4th 4, 3rd 5, 2nd 6 and first 8 points There is no need to worry if you are not the best Razz, stud or Omaha player.....neither are most of us, and the main emphasis of the day is to have fun, maybe learn a new game and throw all your wheight behind your team

Re: Saturday 24th February - Clapham - Team Turmoil well count me in and i will play any of them although,omaha hi/lo favourite or failing that 7 card stud ( have 2 wsop bracelets with stud on my psp lol) let us know if you need me cos clapham aint that far from me,about 1/2 hour or so by car

Re: Saturday 24th February - Clapham - Team Turmoil Many Apologies for nit explaining RRP in the original invite. RRP stands for Range Rover Poker, and is a fun varient thought up by one of our members that proved quite popular during some of our filth sessions. The game is played half pot limit and works exactly the same way as Hold'em, except for one detail. After the betting has taken place ON THE FLOP, Players take it in turns to expose 1 hole card to the table,before the turn card. Sounds a little crazy I know, but once you've played a few hands you can see just how messy it can become. I.E, you could expose the Ace of Hearts to try and make people think your on a flush draw, when really your one a straight or boat draw etc etc The Grand Final is not a typo, and will have RRP added, hence the 2 R's As said in the original invite, Anyone in or around the area, feel free to pop down, even if its just for the filthy cash games Pie

Re: Saturday 24th February - Clapham - Team Turmoil

Sorry - didn't see this mate - the link definitely works (I've just clicked on it!!!)
Still doesn't work for me. :unsure .... strange ... it works in IE but not Firefox ... Firefox seems to cut off the end of the URL.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Saturday 24th February - Clapham - Team Turmoil We're looking at dates now but our weekend calendar is pretty full for ages (at least for February AND March)..it lightens up (so far) in April. Possiblity of moving it to 24th March....but...I suspect that APAT Scotland may intrude. :hope I want to stress that I haven't heard anything from our APAT sources but just looking at their schedule that seems a reasonable guesstimate but, who knows?