Slapdash Systems 2007

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Slapdash Systems 2007 [Lady Suffragette 6.50 Towcester (1.9/1.99 11/11.5) SP] [Ronsard 5.35 Bath (5.1/5.4 22/23) 22/1 William Hill] The bookies' prices on Barton Belle and Lady Suffragette are currently too low compared to the Betfair win prices for me to make Barton Belle a selection or Lady Suffragette a "definite", but I'm optimistic that SP will be higher for both of them, so certainly worth keeping an eye on.

Re: Slapdash Systems 2007

[Reciprocation 5.05 Wolverhampton (1.21/1.23 2.62/2.72) SP] lost
[Lady Suffragette 6.50 Towcester (1.9/1.99 11/11.5) SP] placed (14/1) [Ronsard 5.35 Bath (5.1/5.4 22/23) 22/1 William Hill] placed
Definites: Starting bank: 1000 Current bank: 1012.77 P/L: +12.77 (Win -442.5, place +455.27) Total staked: 2560 W/P/L: 11/50/67 Yield: +0.50% [Almosts: Starting bank: 1000 Current bank: 2129.50 P/L: +1129.50 (Win +638.50, place +491.00) Total staked: 1840 W/P/L: 15/28/49 Yield: +61.38%]

[Red Lancer 3.30 Epsom (6.6/7 34/36) 33/1 Ladbrokes] lost
[Covert Mission 8.05 Worcester (1.7/1.8 6.2/6.4) 5/1 Paddy Power] lost
Definites: Starting bank: 1000 Current bank: 1099.27 P/L: +12.77 (Win -442.5, place +455.27) Total staked: 2560 W/P/L: 11/50/67 Yield: +0.50% [Almosts: Starting bank: 1000 Current bank: 2089.50 P/L: +1089.50 (Win +618.50, place +471.00) Total staked: 1880 W/P/L: 15/28/51 Yield: +57.95%]

Slap' date=' how is your definites bank growth different to your PL for definites, yet the almosts are consistant?[/quote'] Sorry. When I update it I copy and paste from the previous time and edit it, and I must have forgotten to edit the value of the bank. I've corrected it now.

Re: Slapdash Systems 2007 NR didnt matter - quality stuff as usual.:clap I have noticed that your selections have been doing particularly well on the big field handicaps this year - have you (or anyone?) ever analysed which type of races your picks perform best in? Thats assuming there is any difference...

NR didnt matter - quality stuff as usual.:clap I have noticed that your selections have been doing particularly well on the big field handicaps this year - have you (or anyone?) ever analysed which type of races your picks perform best in? Thats assuming there is any difference...
Don`t agree with that. Lost 20% of winnings due to a horse being withdrawn just before the off.............STINKS!

I have noticed that your selections have been doing particularly well on the big field handicaps this year - have you (or anyone?) ever analysed which type of races your picks perform best in? Thats assuming there is any difference...
It's hard to say, I think. When I started to do the large handicaps in 2005, I did them in a separate thread here, and actually gave up after about 200 bets because I had a huge negative yield of about -45% on the win half of the bets, that cancelled out a similar positive yield on the place half of the bets. Of course, as soon as I stopped it I got a couple of big-priced winners! The problem is that the large handicap selections tend to be at longer prices than the others, so there is a very large variance in the returns from the win half of the bets, so that it needs a very large number of selections (several years-worth, probably) to get an accurate estimate of the expected yield. The yield from the place part is easier to estimate, and when I last compared, the figures from the large handicap selections were not much different from the others: around 50% yield on the place bets.
Don`t agree with that. Lost 20% of winnings due to a horse being withdrawn just before the off.............STINKS!
Well, if it had run, it might have beaten us! :lol I think if you took an early price before the other horse shortened in price, the deduction is based on its price when you placed the bet (or does that vary from bookie to bookie?), so you might get away with a smaller deduction.

I think if you took an early price before the other horse shortened in price' date=' the deduction is based on its price when you placed the bet (or does thatvary from bookie to bookie?), so you might get away with a smaller deduction.[/quote'] Yep ... ep 11/1 and only 4% deducation with Sporting Odds.

20% seems ridiculously harsh! I took the bet early at odds of 11 on Betfair and the price only fell to 10.23. What bookie are you using Nymrod?
You should not be backing the selections on the exchanges.:wall . Also prices should be taken to safeguard the margins in your favour. The exchanges provide the information to make a value E/W bet. The place element is where the real value is. I take it if the selection placed you would have lost money.