** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Laying HO's

Hodgey

No not those sort of ho's! :loon I'm talking about Home Odds-On Teams. :tongue2 These picks are selected using an advanced scientific mixture of complex formulae and state of the art logistical pinorithoms. ;) Starting bank is 2000pts and all lays are to win a fixed profit of 2% of the current bank. So to start with this will be 40pts. If the bank increases at the end of a betting day, a new fixed profit of 2% is calculated and used on all future picks. If the bank decreases, no change in the stakes. :D First action tomorrow.... :hope

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Laying HO's

Starting bank is 2000pts and all lays are to win a fixed profit of 2% of the current bank. So to start with this will be 40pts. If the bank increases at the end of a betting day' date= a new fixed profit of 2% is calculated and used on all future picks. If the bank decreases, no change in the stakes. :D
I made an error here, the stakes are fixed liability not fixed profit. :ok

Re: Laying HO's Wolves v Barnsley 2-0 -40pts Sheff Wed v Hull 1-2 +45.90pts :) Yeovil v Northampton 0-0 +43.80pts:) Tranmere v Rotherham 2-1 -40pts Swansea v Brentford 2-0 -40pts Doncaster v Huddersfield 3-0 -40pts MK Dons v Swindon 0-1 +38.48pts:) Bristol Rovers v Torquay 1-0 -40pts Halifax v Altrincham 1-1 +48.84pts:) So, 4/9 winners and only a late goal at Bristol Rovers prevents a winning start. Start Bank 2000pts Staked 360pts Loss -22.98pts Current Bank 1977.02pts

Re: Laying HO's Cardiff v Southend 0-1 :dude +51pts Bristol City v Tranmere 3-2 :puke (0-2 HT :wall ) Hereford v Mansfield 1-3 :dude +39pts Swindon v Wrexham 2-1 :( Stockport v Boston 2-0 :( So with Tranmere chucking away a 2-0 lead and Luton blowing it in the last 4 minutes last night, the weekend's report reads "could have been so much better". :sad Still, laying is a long term game. :\ Overall Start Bank 2000pts Staked 640pts Loss -131pts Current Bank 1869pts

Re: Laying HO's Walsall lost (well won, so lost!) A few for the weekend. I'm away so am taking poorer prices and in some cases am unmatched at present - but I believe they will be. That's just the way it has to be this time around: Crystal Palace v Hull City 1.93 Yeovil Town v Brentford FC 1.60 Wycombe Wanderers v Accrington Stanley 1.67 Milton Keynes Dons v Barnet FC 1.82 (partmatched) Burton Albion v St. Albans City 1.69 (partmatched) Crawley Town v Southport 1.85 (partmatched) Stevenage Borough v Cambridge United 1.67 (unmatched)

Re: Laying HO's Looks like you did alright with the prices mate, good to know you haven't laid them at prices too high by taking them earlier in the week. I didn't get a chance to look at them before KO on saturday but friday night the prices to back were: Crystal Palace v Hull City 1.9 Yeovil Town v Brentford FC 1.60 Wycombe Wanderers v Accrington Stanley 1.69 Milton Keynes Dons v Barnet FC 1.82 Burton Albion v St. Albans City 1.7 Crawley Town v Southport 1.85 Stevenage Borough v Cambridge United 1.68 Just a pity there weren't a couple more winners/losers :)

Re: Laying HO's Thanks for the info on prices mate. Like you say, looks like I did ok on the prices just the results aren't coming in yet. :( I have faith in it though..... Crystal Palace v Hull City 1-1 +43pts Yeovil Town v Brentford FC 1-0 -40pts Wycombe Wanderers v Accrington Stanley 1-1 +57pts Milton Keynes Dons v Barnet FC 3-1 -40pts Burton Albion v St. Albans City 1-0 -40pts Crawley Town v Southport 2-1 -40pts (90th minute :puke ) Stevenage Borough v Cambridge United 4-1 -40pts Start bank 2000pts Staked 960pts Returns 689pts Current bank 1729pts

Re: Laying HO's Full update since the last one: Scunthorpe v Millwall 3-0 -40pts Doncaster v Rotherham 3-2 -40pts Walsall v Boston 1-1 +72pts :) Swindon v Macclesfield 2-0 -40pts Hartlepool v Bury 2-0 -40pts York v Grays 2-2 +44pts :) Oxford v Rushden 0-1 +53pts :dude Birmingham v Southend 1-3 +87pts :dude Derby v Burnley 1-0 -40pts Sunderland v Palace 0-0 +49pts :) Mansfield v Torquay 5-0 -40pts 5/11 winners producing 65pts profit. Now that's more like it. Start bank 2000pts Staked 1520pts Returns 1411pts Current bank 1891pts

Re: Laying HO's Last night's results: West Brom v Plymouth 2-1 -40pts Southampton v Sheff Wed 2-1 -40pts Bristol City v Cheltenham 0-1 +72pts :dude So a small 8pt loss last night. Not too bad though with only 1 winner out of 3. One month in and the stats are as follows: Summary Bets Placed 41 Units Staked 1,640.00 Units Returned 1,523.02 Profit (116.98) Yield -7.13% Strike Rate 39.02% Average Lay Odds 1.74 Average Odds (Back) 2.40 Average Stake 40.00 Current Bank 1,883.02 I had paper tested this for six months before I started for real and of those 6 months only 1 was a loser so typically the first month for real is a losing month! :eyes The strike rate in that time was up around the 49% mark so if I can get this strike rate up to about 45% in the next couple of months I think this has some potential.