** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Staking plan for trading

AlanDB

Firstly, not sure if this is the best place for this thread, so apologies if I got it wrong. Looking for your opinions regarding staking I should be using for football trading. Trying to get my head around whether I should use the same stake or same liability whether my back or lay bet is first. For example, if I use a fixed stake of say £50, then my liability is obviously greater if I place the lay bet first (so long as odds are above evens). If I use a fixed liability of say 5% of bank then my liability is always the same but my potential profit would be smaller if I place the lay bet first. Confused :unsure What are your thoughts?

Re: Staking plan for trading If you are trading, what focus are you concentrating on to trade out? Is it a fixed profit you are looking for or something else? If it's fixed profit, there should be a way to calculate the % of bank that you want to risk and the % increase/decrease in the odds for your fixed profit. Same for a fixed liability, but formulas for this may be a bit too inflexible if it's not strict rules you are looking at.

Re: Staking plan for trading

If you are trading, what focus are you concentrating on to trade out? Is it a fixed profit you are looking for or something else? If it's fixed profit, there should be a way to calculate the % of bank that you want to risk and the % increase/decrease in the odds for your fixed profit. Same for a fixed liability, but formulas for this may be a bit too inflexible if it's not strict rules you are looking at.
Hi georgej. Thanks for your reply. The point I trade out at is when a goal is scored to secure a profit for a winning trade. If it goes against me I usually trade out if the wrong team scores first or at a fixed point during the match (say 25 mins) to spread the loss over all 3 results.

Re: Staking plan for trading

I would say that if you back first then use a fixed stake and if you lay first then use a fixed liability which is the same as your back stake would be. A free back/lay calculator is available at: http://eskei.com/betting/
Think I misunderstood originally... what you are saying is make my lay liability the same as my back bet would be? Sometimes I make the easiest things complicated :lol