Cake Poker

Bozza

Hey Poker fanatics, I am really sorry if someone already told you everything about Cake Poker but I've been using the program for almost a week now and I just had to tell you guys about it. I heard of it when I received a mail from a pokersite which hosts private freerolls for members only on a lot of poker sites (something like here but they mostly do $100 freerolls). Anyway, I noticed there was one on Cake Poker that same night and decided to download the for me unknown program. When I clicked on the Private tab I noticed two things. One is that there weren't many players who registered for that tourney so the chances of winning some cash were really good. Second thing I noticed is that there were more private tourneys and almost all had a very low playerscount. I like private freerolls because they ain't with 3,000 players (like normal freerolls). When I was done with that freeroll I was talking about (finished 9th and won 8 bucks), I looked a bit further at the program. It ain't a very crowdy program, on the cash tables there are only around 45 people playing but when I played on a table for a while I immediately noticed that the level of the players isn't very high. This coming out of my mouth must mean it's very low lol coz I ain't a very big player myself. Tournaments tab included some nice tournaments. A couple of times a day you can enter in a freeroll and in those freerolls you can qualify for some funny tournaments. Most of the times it's the first 9 till the first 11 who qualify for those tournaments but the good part is that only 100 (sometimes more, sometimes less) play in it. So it isn't playing for couple of hours.. it's done pretty fast. And just as it is @ the cash tables, the level of the players isn't so high. There are also buy-in tournaments. Today I've played a $1.00+$0.10 + $5 Extra Added tournament. Only 13 people entered the tournament, I finished 2nd and won $5.40. Couple of hours ago I played in a $0.90+$0.10 + $5 Extra Added tournament. 22 players participated. First 4 got paid and unfortunately I finished 7th. But the best tournament just ended in which I played. $300 Guaranteed and only 37 players played in it. First 5 got paid and good thing I finished 5th and won $24. For most of you guys this probably sounds like some lame way too low cash amounts but for a small time poker player like myself these are some fun poker tournaments and it let you forget about those $100 freerolls on other poker sites which has thousands of participants and asks a lot of hours to play. This is all I have to say. In 5 minutes there's gonna start a private freeroll so it's time to win some money (I hope). If you have any question please let me know. I hope I've informed some people about this poker program. Regards, Bozza

Re: Cake Poker Looks interesting Bozza, thanks. However as a forum the policy we have regarding freerolls isn't only applied to our own, we also believe that you should only play private tournaments if you legitimately meet the entry requirements, or you are invited. That said, if these entry requirements are minimal then it sounds like an easy way to start off a budding poker bankroll. :ok