Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th

I'll start up a thread since there isn't one for the first game of this weekend's round: Sydney v Perth (Australian A League) Sydney at home: W 1-0 v Central Coast D 2-2 v Newcastle D 1-1 v Queensland L 1-2 v Melbourne D 1-1 v Perth W 4-0 v New Zealnd W 2-1 v Adelaide W 3-0 v Queensland They have scored in every game at home and have kept a clean sheen in their last 3 games. Perth away: L 3-0 v Queensland L 3-0 v Adelaide W 0-3 v Newcastle L 2-1 v Central Coast D 1-1 v Sydney L 3-2 v Adelaide L 1-0 v Melbourne L 1-0 v Queensland L 1-0 v Central Coast Perth have a poor away record and have lost their last 4 away games, all by one goal. Even though they drew against Sydney last time out, they had one chance and scored one goal while Sydney had the opportunity to score quite a few goals that day. Last weekend was another case where Central Coast should have won by more than one goal, and i like the look of Sydney to win by at least two goals. Pick: Sydney -1.5 @ 2.75 (Centrebet)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A league round 17 I'll be picking Sydney myself. They are a class above Perth and they rarely lose at home. Combine that with the fact Perth rarely win away from home and you have a strong chance of a Sydney win. Perth have actually lost 7 of 9 away games and have never beaten Sydney before in the A-League. Another interesting fact is that Sydney have been in front 6 times in 8 home games at half time with the other 2 being draws. On the road Perth have only lead at half time once in 9 times. So the Sydney/Sydney HT/FT bet stands out to me at $2.75 is worth a real good shot. Bobby Despotovski will miss the match for Perth and he is a huge loss. Sydney have a full strength team to choose from and i can see them winning this game easily, perhaps 2-0 or 3-0 Pick Sydney -1 EH at $2.75 Pick Sydney/Sydney at $2.75

Re: Australian A league round 17

I take the Sydney bet as single without a Handicap. Sydney is great at home and perth worst away from Home but they can´t play shite in every round. 1.50 @bwin.com good luck guys :ok
Hi Brother Where can i get the live channel? Thank You

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th FFA Statement Regarding New Zealand Knights Football Federation Australia today determined that Octagon Sports Limited, owners of the New Zealand Knights Football Club, had breached their Club Participation Agreement for the Hyundai A-League and as a result have had their licence revoked. The breach was due to an insolvency event as defined in the Club Participation Agreement. The licence has now been returned to the FFA who have reached agreement with New Zealand Soccer to manage the football team's operations for the remainder of the 2006-07 Hyundai A-League season. This will ensure that the New Zealand Knights will play all their scheduled matches for the remainder of the season. The FFA has been in contact with the Knights players and ensured them of their contracts until the end of the current season. All Whites coach Ricki Herbert will assume the head coach position at the Knights immediately. "The action that we had to take today is disappointing as the FFA has gone to great lengths since the commencement of the league to support Octagon Sports Limited who currently owe the FFA in excess of $AUS800,000," said FFA Head of Operations Matt Carroll. "In this context, it is disappointing that Octagon Sports Limited should suggest today that their viability is dependant on a relatively small scheduled grant being withheld by the FFA as a result of Octagon Sports Limited's long-term, multiple, serious Participation Agreement breaches." "The action that the FFA has taken is in the best interests of the Hyundai A-League, the team, the players and football in New Zealand." As yet there has been no formal response to the FFA offer from Mr Lee. Therefore, FFA has needed to put in place contingency plans, with the support of New Zealand Soccer, to ensure that the players are looked after and they play their remaining matches.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th

I take the Sydney bet as single without a Handicap. Sydney is great at home and perth worst away from Home but they can´t play shite in every round. 1.50 @bwin.com good luck guys :ok
Good Start today. :nana

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Date: Friday December 15 Kick-off (local time): 7.30pm Venue: Hindmarsh Stadium Radio coverage: LIFE FM (Adelaide) 107.9FM, ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) Previous meeting Newcastle 2 Adelaide 1 (EnergyAustralia Stadium, Hyundai A-League round 10, October 2006) Last five results Adelaide: Win - Loss - Loss - Loss - Draw Newcastle: Win - Loss - Win - Draw - Win Analysis Reigning premier Adelaide United is in some danger of dropping out of the top four for the first time since round three as two of the three clubs level on 23 points take the field at Hindmarsh Stadium. In contrast to a year ago when Adelaide powered away to the premiership, the past month has seen the chasing pack rein in Kosmina's side to the point that a Newcastle Jets win in tandem with a Mariners victory over the Roar would see Adelaide drop out of the playoff positions. For all the talk of guest signing Romario destabilising the side, Adelaide has continued to create enough goal-scoring chances to win most of their encounters but that still doesn't disguise John Kosmina's recent record of one win in five league outings. It may be with mixed feelings that Romario dons the Red shirt for the last time this weekend despite earlier reports of question marks over his final appearance after he missed the team's recovery session following the draw with the Knights. Yet to advance his race to 1000 goals while guesting in the Hyundai A-League, the 40-year-old Brazilian would love nothing more than signing off on the right note against the Jets even though some reports have suggested he may be asked to stay on as a short-term signing after Shengqing Qu was ruled out for the season with an ankle injury. When Nick Theodorakopoulos left Newcastle Adelaide was seven points ahead but the influence of Gary van Egmond has turned all that around with last week's thumping of Queensland the pinnacle of his progress. Choosing to rest Paul Okon and Vaughan Coveny paid dividends as did deciding to stick with striker Mark Bridge, whose brace also highlighted the fresher attitude in the Jets camp under Van Egmond. His big decision this week, though, is how he reshapes his team because of the loss of playmaker and stand-in captain Nick Carle, who serves a one-match suspension for racking up four bookings. Okon suffered a quad muscle injury in training on Monday and he is out of the equation so Van Egmond has elected to add young midfielders Tarek Elrich and Adam D'Apuzzo to the squad. Socceroos backup goalkeeper Ante Covic is also in line to make his Hyundai A-League debut after signing from Swedish top flight club Hammarby. For Adelaide, Daniel Beltrame will continue in goal with Robbie Bajic banned but Angelo Costanzo is added to the squad after a knee concern.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets Adelaide Squad: 1. Daniel Beltrame (gk), 2.Richie Alagich, 3.Kristian Rees, 4.Angelo Costanzo, 5.Michael Valkanis, 6.Ross Aloisi (capt.), 8.Carl Veart, 9.Matthew Kemp, 10.Fernando, 11.Romario, 12.Greg Owens, 13.Travis Dodd, 15.Nathan Burns, 16.Bobby Petta, 21.Jason Spagnuolo, 30.Ben Moore (gk) *One to be omitted In: Angelo Costanzo (returns from injury) Out: Nil Others Unavailable: Lucas Pantelis (knee – season), Dez Giraldi (ankle – season), Shengqing Qu (ankle – season), Robert Bajic (suspended – 1 match) Newcastle Squad: 40. Ante COVIC (gk), 2.Steve EAGLETON, 3.Jade NORTH, 5.Milton RODRIGUEZ, 6.Andrew DURANTE, 8.Matt THOMPSON, 9.Vaughan COVENY, 11.Tarek ELRICH, 13.Adam D’APUZZO, 15.Stuart MUSIALIK, 18.Joel GRIFFITHS, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 22.Steven OLD, 24.Paul KOHLER, 20.Ben KENNEDY (gk). In: Tarek Elrich (promoted), Adam D’Apuzzo (promoted), Ante Covic (New Signing) Out: Paul Okon (Quadricep Injury), Nick Carle (Suspension – 1 week), Ivan Necevski Others Unavailable: Craig Deans (knee – season), Jobe Wheelhouse (ankle – season), Labinot Haliti (International duty – Albania) Impending stats, facts and trivia Adelaide United defender Kristian Rees will make his 100th appearance at national league level the next time he takes the field. Rees commenced his playing career at national league level in October 2000 with old NSL side Adelaide City, aged 20. He has so far made 33 Hyundai A-League appearances with Adelaide United.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Paul Okon and Nick Carle are big outs for the Jets. Carle has been on fire for many weeks for the Jets and he will be sorely missed in the midfiled as he is so creative abd brings many players into the game. Paul Okon will also be missed in the Jets's defence and this is the first time in many weeks that the Newcastle side has lost a little bit of balance. In contrast, a hard to predict Adelaide has Angelo Costanza back in the side and he has been a rock for them this season around defensive midfield and his presence is sure to help the home side. Current Odds Adelaide: 2-35 The Jets: 2-75 Draw: 3-25 Newcastle are great odds again at $2-75 but Carle out will have a big influence on this game.

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Adelaide United Vs Newcastle Jets

Past matches

Oct 27, 2006

A-League

Newcastle Jets

2 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Sep 08, 2006

A-League

Adelaide Utd

5 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Dec 02, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

1 - 2

Adelaide Utd

Oct 14, 2005

A-League

Adelaide Utd

2 - 4

Newcastle Jets

Aug 26, 2005

A-League

Newcastle Jets

0 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Jul 29, 2005

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

These two teams seem to take it in turns winning and if that’s the case it’s Adelaide’s turn. Their last meeting was decided in the last couple of minutes when at 1-1 Adelaide was handed a penalty which Veart missed and then it went straight down the Jet’s end where Nick Carle scored probably the goal of the year to give the jets the unlikely win. I wouldn’t say the home team had an dvantage here on recent games and could go either way.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Adelaide

Home

Jets

Away

Adelaide have scored 21 goals in their last eight home games, and that includes five put past the Jets in Round 3, but Newcastle’s defence was a rabble then. Adelaide has only lost to Melbourne and Sydney at home, while the Jets have only lost to Perth and Adelaide away.

Goals Per Shot

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Total

Adelaide Utd

Total

Newcastle Jets

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Home

Adelaide Utd

Away

Newcastle Jets

Adelaide have a more efficient shots per goal rate in total then the Jets, and they also score a goal around every 7 or so shots at home, compared to the Jets almost 12 shots per goal away. Shots per goal figures point to Adelaide being the more efficient scoring team at home compared to the Jets away.

Goal Scoring Times

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Total

Adelaide Utd

3 - 2

6 - 5

4 - 3

5 - 4

4 - 4

3 - 6

Total

Newcastle Jets

3 - 4

3 - 3

3 - 7

2 - 0

3 - 4

8 - 5

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Home

Adelaide Utd

2 - 1

6 - 2

3 - 3

5 - 2

3 - 4

2 - 3

Away

Newcastle Jets

2 - 2

0 - 3

2 - 3

2 - 0

2 - 3

3 - 1

Adelaide can score goals at home in basically any period of the game, but same can be said for conceding goals too. They have scored 11 goals in the first half and 10 in the second half. The Jets have scored consistently away from home but have only scored 4 goals in the first half away all season, while they have managed to score 7 times in the second half.

Adelaide Captain Ross Aloisi is being rested for this game and Greg Owens is coming into the starting eleven. Owens will start while Angelo Costanzo, who missed last week, will come off the bench after Kosmina declared his central defender has got a knee problem and cannot handle 90 minutes. The Jets have lost playmaker Nick Carle for the match due to suspension after picking up four yellow cards for the season. Also out of action is captain Paul Okon after receiving a quadriceps muscle strain in training earlier in the week. Tarek Elrich and Adam D’Apuzzo have been promoted while Ante Covic is a new signing.

Current Odds

X

Adelaide

2-25

3-25

2-95

Jets

Adelaide have only picked up one point from their last four games with losses to Central Coast, Sydney and Melbourne and the draw last week with the Knights. Their form has been hard to follow but they generally play well at home and this is their third game in a row at home. The Jets on the other hand have two away wins against Melbourne and Queensland, and a draw with the Knights in between.

This is the Jets fifth game in a row away from home compared to Adelaide’s third game in a row at home, and that has to be an advantage. The Jets have their main playmaker out in Nick Carle, and Okon is going to be a big loss in defence too.

My mind is telling me Adelaide are the team most likely to win here as they don’t lose many at home and have a few factors in their favour, but I can’t back a team that hasn’t won a game in four matches. Compare that to the Jets great recent form although they are facing a fifth away game in a row and are missing a couple of stars. This game reeks of a draw to be honest and as Adelaide have been poor in recent weeks I can't decide either way, so I won’t be betting on this game.

NO BET

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th WEB LIVE BROADCAST OF ADELAIDE/JETS GAME Life FM 107.9FM (Adelaide) www.life.on.net Open Winamp or Windows Media Player and choose "File" - "Open URL" and copy and paste the following into the dialogue box. "http://radio.internode.on.net:8040" ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) Click HERE Click on the Real Player or Windows Media Player links

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th No Nick Carle no Newcastle. It's that simple. Take away their captain, Paul Okon, and you're laughing. Romario's last game. Packed stadium. Adelaide gunning for a much needed win and goals.... I'm jumping on them @ $2.25 and the $1.64 dnb on offer at centrebet. :ok

Re: Australian A league Round 17 - Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th Adelaide at home - 7 of the last 8 have been overs. Last 4 H2H in this game has seen overs. Adelaide will want to get Romario on the scoresheet as well. Only problem is Carle is out and that reduces the Jets' chances of scoring somewhat. Still, Adelaide have conceeded here in 7 of the last 8 games. My bet so far is for both teams to score @ $1.95. Want to take over 2.5 as well, but I do feel this bet might be somewhat similar to the above bet. Perhaps Adelaide DNB will make a better 2nd bet. Any thoughts on which would be the better 2nd bet?

No Nick Carle no Newcastle. It's that simple. Take away their captain, Paul Okon, and you're laughing. Romario's last game. Packed stadium. Adelaide gunning for a much needed win and goals.... I'm jumping on them @ $2.25 and the $1.64 dnb on offer at centrebet. :ok
I was thinking a little that way myself, but I think the Jets have a bit more substance than that. carle has only scored the 3 goals but he sets up a lot of them. Adelaide have supposedly been gunning for a win in each of Romario's 3 games so far but it hasn't eventuated. If i have learnt one thing in the A League this season it is just because a team is supposed to do something doesn't mean it will. As far as i am concerned the Jets are the better performed team of the two but they are missing two key players. Having said that, I am not confident enough to back Adelaide to take advantage of that as they have been very ordinary of late. Easier for me not to bet than to bet in hope, cos have had my hopes dashed many times this season. Good luck with your bet though and all things point to an Adelaide win, so will be interesting to see how it fans out.

Adelaide at home - 7 of the last 8 have been overs. Last 4 H2H in this game has seen overs. Adelaide will want to get Romario on the scoresheet as well. Only problem is Carle is out and that reduces the Jets' chances of scoring somewhat. Still' date=' Adelaide have conceeded here in 7 of the last 8 games. My bet so far is for both teams to score @ $1.95. Want to take over 2.5 as well, but I do feel this bet might be somewhat similar to the above bet. Perhaps Adelaide DNB will make a better 2nd bet. Any thoughts on which would be the better 2nd bet?[/quote'] That 2 teams to score looks like an easy bet on the surface...I was at the Melbourne/Sydney game last week and was sure both teams would score, so a had an interest bet on both teams to score. Turned out 0-0 draw much to my chagrin, so much for an easy bet :loon

WEB LIVE BROADCAST OF ADELAIDE/JETS GAME Life FM 107.9FM (Adelaide) www.life.on.net Open Winamp or Windows Media Player and choose "File" - "Open URL" and copy and paste the following into the dialogue box. http://radio.internode.on.net:8040 ABC 1233 Newcastle (1233AM) Click HERE Click on the Real Player or Windows Media Player links
Thank brother Beejayville