starters for STTs

step1

Usually play ring games low limit but gets tedious only breaking even. Thought I'd give STTs a go. Normally play tight in ring games with good starters. Obviously as players are eliminated in STT I would need to loosen up.Am looking for a link showing value starters as no. of players diminishes. Anyone know of a site giving this info?

Re: starters for STTs personally i like using the sklansky ranking system when im playing stt's play top 3 ranks until 5 players left then expand to top 4 for the next one to go out and top 5 for the bubble then top 4 again once ITM until heads up when i play top 6 aggressively. (including any ace any pair) http://home.columbus.rr.com/lfairban/Pages/Holdem%20Start%20Odds.html

Re: starters for STTs experience - you just need experience I don't think there is any magic formula for STT's Damo

Usually play ring games low limit but gets tedious only breaking even. Thought I'd give STTs a go. Normally play tight in ring games with good starters. Obviously as players are eliminated in STT I would need to loosen up.Am looking for a link showing value starters as no. of players diminishes. Anyone know of a site giving this info?

Re: starters for STTs Your post seems to have pre-empted (?) this one but just played my first stt and finished first:D .Stuck rigidly to the rules and watched them cut each other's throats:dude . Won the princely sum of $4.5 . Cheers Masterplan.

Re: starters for STTs

personally i like using the sklansky ranking system when im playing stt's play top 3 ranks until 5 players left then expand to top 4 for the next one to go out and top 5 for the bubble then top 4 again once ITM until heads up when i play top 6 aggressively. (including any ace any pair) http://home.columbus.rr.com/lfairban/Pages/Holdem%20Start%20Odds.html
Would you care to explain a bit more about this ? What do you raise with Rank 1 from anywhere, Rank 2 from late would be my guess ?? Cheers