Tikay moving on from PNL

GaF

Tikay has made this post on the PokerNightLive Forum

Yes, I am very sad indeed to say, last night's show was my last show on PNL, at least for the foreseeable future. To avoid rumours & stuff, heres the facts. Why am I leaving? That's complicated. Please forgive me, but I can only say so much right now, but more news will be forthcomimg quite soon. Please don't press me on this right now, as I don't want to say any more than I have to at this moment in time, & I don't wanna tread on any toes. But I will say this..... The parting of the ways between myself & PNL was 100% amicable, though a little sad. I have NOT fallen out with Management, or my colleagues. They have not fallen out with me. I have done nothing wrong, nor have they. I have been offered some very special, & unusual, TV/Poker work which is ground-breaking stuff. At my age, these chances ain't gonna come along for much longer, so I accepted the offer. My last big challenge in TV/Poker, if you like. I have two roles, one each side of the Camera, one as a Consultant, one as a Presenter. I am extremely excited about these roles. By accepting this offer, I find myself, potentially, (though not yet actually) in conflict with the PNL Contract, which is currently being prepared and negotiated. I don't want to get into conflict with the PNL managememt. They've been as good as gold to me, as have all the Team at PNL. So I done the decent thing, & wrote to Jim & Sam & said "look guys, I'm sorry, but if I continue, I'll be in conflict with my Contract, so it's best if I stand aside". They understood, they thanked me, wished we well, warmly & genuinely, & that's that really. So I effectively removed myself from the December Rota, & 48 hours ago, I wrote to all my (ex) Colleagues at PNL, all the Presenters, plus Louise, Jim, & Sam, & said "OK, I am outa here, thank you for everything". Almost all of them wrote back kindly, & wished me well in the future. I am 100% sure I have left on good terms with everyone. So last night was my last show, at least, for the forseeable future. (Who knows what the future may bring?). I was pretty sad about that, but Lynsey knew the score, & we went out in style, & I like to think, we did a tidy little show. Sad, though. My biggest thanks must go to the viewers, & to the Forum regulars, because you ARE the show. Thank you, thank you, thank you, you have made me feel very welcome, & I'm gonna miss you big time. I'll stay on the Forum, if welcome, so I'm not disappearing completely. I have made so many new friends via PNL, met them all over the Country. Too many to name, but you know who you are. This has all arisen over a fairly long period, but a rather odd turn of events in the last week or so means it's not entirely out of the question that I'll still be around these parts for a while yet, albeit, maybe, wearing a sort of different hat. We shall see. So for now, thank you for everything, & goodbye. My other Poker activities will continue as before. I remain (proudly) the Chairman of APAT, also the Site Pro for Sporting Odds, and my own website will continue as is - Main Site, Forum (very time-consuming, that one) & Online Cardroom. Mainly, though, I'll continue to play as many Live Events as time permits, so no doubt, I'll see you guys around. Plus I have that new TV Challenge, currently taking 2 or 3 days a week of my time, to master. Bored I'm not! Life's been incredibly kind to me, all things considered. xx
Sounds like you have some very exciting opportunities in the near future Tikay - Good Luck :ok