Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 1-1 at Half Time. I predicted the 1-1 draw in my preview so hopefully for my sake it remains a draw, and the scores remain the same. I know a few of you got on Adelaide so if another goal is scored hopefully its to Adelaide :hope

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3

well thats what happens when you don't take yoour chances eh....:eyes anyway.. hello all.. been following the australian threads for a while. great stuff.. hope i can hel[p out some time.. :ok
:welcome :cheers Any input you can provide will be great! Melbourne looking the goods here in the second half and Adelaide very disappointing for mine. I think Adelaide has slipped below Sydney and the Mariners for the moment.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 HT: Adelaide 1 - 3 Melbourne 13' R. Bajic (AU) RED 16' K. Muscat (pen.) (MV) 21' G. Brebner (MV) RED 43' Fernando (AU) 62' D. Allsopp (MV) 86' Fred (MV) Top away win by Melbourne and Adelaide need to take a long hard look at themselves. Romario was played more or less as a lone striker up front and they basically bombed the ball into him giving Romario little or no chance to do much at all. Romario was well marked bu vargas although he created a couple of chances in the second half.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 That was just a horrible result. My NBL not faring any better either. Hopefully Europe will treat me well tonight. Not much to say about the game really. Bajic completely lost his mind. The penalty and subsequent goal really put Adelaide behind the 8 ball, and they were never able to fully recover as they were always chasing the game and never had the luxury of a lead, which I think would have changed the game completely.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Considering CCM home form...those odds are delightful. The loss of mori didn't seem to affect them last game... but will it this time? The heat didn't help the other team (nor did their form) so should we not pay too much attention to that match?

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Queensland v Perth under 2.5 goals QLD at home: W 3-0 v Perth W 1-0 v New Zealand D 0-0 v Adelaide L 0-1 v Newcastle D 1-1 v Central Coast L 0-1 v Adelaide L 0-2 v Melbourne Only 1 game has gone over 2.5 goals and that was their first game vs Perth. But Perth were woeful at the start of the season and now are playing much better. Perth away: L 3-0 v Adelaide W 0-3 v Newcastle L 2-1 v Central Coast D 1-1 v Sydney L 3-2 v Adelaide L 0-1 v Melbourne While QLD has a poor home record Perth also has a poor away record. QLD play it pretty tight and defensive and don't give much away. I think that it will be a low scoring game with maybe one goal in it only.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Queensland Roar Vs Perth Glory

Past matches

Oct 15, 2006

A-League

Perth Glory

1 - 2

Queensl. Roar

Aug 26, 2006

A-League

Queensl. Roar

3 - 0

Perth Glory

Jan 07, 2006

A-League

Perth Glory

0 - 2

Queensl. Roar

Oct 29, 2005

A-League

Queensl. Roar

0 - 0

Perth Glory

Sep 10, 2005

A-League

Perth Glory

2 - 1

Queensl. Roar

Queensland have won the last three encounters between these two teams and have scored 7 goals to the Glory’s one. Queensland are undefeated at home against Perth and are yet to concede a goal. This could be a 0-0 on current form considering Queensland’s scoring problems of late and Perth’s inability to score in Qld.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Queensland

Home

Perth

Away

In their last eight games Queensland’s 3 losses at home have been to Melbourne, Adelaide and the Jets, and they have only conceded 5 goals in those eight games which is quite good. Perth have only won two games on the road and they were both against the Jets, the draw was against Sydney which was a good effort a few weeks ago. On home and away records the home team look clearly better positioned here.

HOME and AWAY Form

R

Date

Home

Score

Away

HT

Crowd

>2.5

HT

FT

8/26/2006

Queensland

3 - 0

Perth Glory

0-0

Yes

X

9/15/2006

Queensland

5 - 0

NZ Knights

1-0

Yes

9/22/2006

Queensland

0 - 0

Adelaide

0-0

No

X

X

10/22/2006

Queensland

0 - 1

Newcastle

0-1

No

10/28/2006

Queensland

1 - 1

Mariners

0-1

No

X

11/11/2006

Queensland

0 - 1

Adelaide

0-0

No

X

11/17/2006

Queensland

0 - 2

Melbourne

0-1

No

R

Date

Home

Score

Away

HT

Crowd

>2.5

HT

FT

8/26/2006

Queensland

3 - 0

Perth Glory

0-0

Yes

X

9/16/2006

Adelaide

3 - 0

Perth Glory

2-0

Yes

9/29/2006

Newcastle

0 - 3

Perth Glory

0-1

Yes

10/20/2006

Mariners

2 - 1

Perth Glory

1-0

Yes

10/29/2006

Sydney FC

1 - 1

Perth Glory

1-0

No

X

11/5/2006

Adelaide

3 - 2

Perth Glory

2-2

Yes

X

11/9/2006

Melbourne

1 - 0

Perth Glory

0-0

No

X

Queensland’s home form is far superior to Perth’s away form in the sense that Queensland have only conceded against the better performed sides and have kept three clean sheets. Only one side has managed to score multiple goals against them at home and that was the all conquering Melbourne. So it is hard to see Perth scoring more than one goal, especially with Lazaridis out.

Goals Per Shot

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Total

Queensland Roar

Total

Perth Glory

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Home

Queensland Roar

Away

Perth Glory

These two sides sit first and second on the table for most shots this season, but Queensland have only scored one goal in their last 6 games and that was Round 10 at home against the Mariners. The last time they scored multiple goals was away to Perth in Round 8. The Roar have twice as many shots at home as Perth have away, and Queensland will need to convert chances if they want to win this game tonight. Queensland are averaging 19 shots a game at home and that entitles them to at least one goal tonight with a bit of luck. Perth are sitting on the fair average of a goal every 11 shots and they average around 11 shots away from home, so chances are they may score a goal here tonight if they can keep the same averages up. On average shots per goal this is sitting smack bang on a 1-1 draw. If the Roar can convert like earlier in the season then I would anticipate a goal or two more from them.

Times Goals Scored

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Total

Queensland Roar

4 - 3

1 - 5

1 - 3

3 - 2

1 - 2

6 - 2

Total

Perth Glory

3 - 5

0 - 2

5 - 2

2 - 4

4 - 1

6 - 7

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Home

Queensland Roar

1 - 0

0 - 2

0 - 1

2 - 1

1 - 1

5 - 0

Away

Perth Glory

1 - 3

0 - 2

2 - 1

1 - 2

1 - 0

2 - 5

Nothing standing out here. Perhaps the Roar may be a chance to score early, but it looks more likely to be 0-0 at half time and maybe a Queensland goal after half time.

Queensland will be strengthened by the return of striker Simon Lynch, and introduces new short-term signing Chris Grossman. Chad Gibson is out for being a right tosser last weekend and is suspended for one match. The Glory lose Lazaridis again and that will be a huge loss to the away team as they have only won the one game without Stan, and that was against the Knights. Simon Colosimo does return thought for Perth and he is a great inclusion into their defence, while Josip Magdic has been promoted.

Current Odds

X

Queensland

2-45

3-30

2-60

Perth

With Damian Mori more climatised to the Roar and Simon Lynch back into the team, it is the perfect time for Queensland to find some goal scoring form against the Glory tonight minus Stan "Harry Kewell" Lazaridis. Queensland are hard to score against at home and they create plenty of chances, and with Mori up front they are going to be some chance to score one or two tonight against Perth. The Glory are in great form of late but their away record is not so falsh and they have only been able to beat the Jets on the road. Queensland has won the last 3 games against Perth and will fancy their chances tonight.

This game has every indication it could also be a draw too and I am having a fair dinkum crack at Queensland to win, and I might consider saving on the draw, since I don’t have the luxury of being able to AH bet. I am going to have a small try at the 2-0 Roar scoreline and take Damian Mori for first goal scorer. Queensland look good tonight and only a matter of time before they score again, hopefully Mori and co will be at it again tonight. I am only giving them a chance based on Perth’s below average away form, it gives the Roar some hope to end their goal scoring drought.

BET

Queensland Straight Out to Win @ $2-45

If any doubt take Draw Saver @ $3-30

Or

Queensland Draw No Bet @ $1-80

Draw/Queensland HT:FT Double @ $5-50

Queensland Win 2-0 Correct Scoreline @ $10-00

Damian Mori First Goal Scorer @ $6-00

I think the Roar will win' date=' but because they haven't been quite as consistant of late, I'm taking them on the DNB option. Also, for some value I've put them in a multi with the Wollongong Hawks *NBL* and PSV Eindhoven for a final price of 3.42[/quote'] Apart from the Roar's last 2 losses, which were to Melbourne and Sydney mind you, their previous efforts were quite good. In the 6 previous games they were all 2 goals or less games and while Queensland scored bugger all, they also conceded bugger all, three times it was just the single goal. They still average around 20 shots a game and at home they get around that figurre or more every time. So they are going to create the chances tonight, and with Damian Mori there, and Simon Lynch back, it gives them the perfect opportunity to resurrect their season against a team they have beaten on the last three occasions. Having said that, I don't really like backing teams who are struggling to score goals, but they a team that can only beat the Jets away, so I am hoping the planets align and the Roar kick 2 goals tonight, and Mori gets the first one :ok

I've followed you on the Mori bet here BJ. Certainly is due a goal. Have opted for the 3-0 scoreline as well' date=' as at $26 I feel it's a good value bet.[/quote'] I have backed the 2-0 scoreline and you have backed the 3-0 scoreline and the team we are backing have not scored a goal in 4 games, and only 1 in their last 6 :rollin Are we mad???

I have backed the 2-0 scoreline and you have backed the 3-0 scoreline and the team we are backing have not scored a goal in 4 games, and only 1 in their last 6 :rollin Are we mad???
Definitely not. Now if you'll excuse me, I must find the Jade Monkey before the next full moon.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 WEB LIVE RADIO BROADCAST FOR QUEENSLAND/PERTH Live radio for the game tonight SportFM (Perth) 90.5FM www.sportfm905.com 990AM Information Radio (Perth) www.inforadio.com.au Game set to start at 7pm time in Queensland (8pm Melb/Sydney time) which is a little over 1 hour and 45 minutes from now.