Queensland Roar FCPerth Glory FC7.00 PMSuncorp Stadium
Sunday 3 December 2006
New Zealand Knights FCNewcastle Jets FC5.00 PMNorth Harbour Stadium
Central Coast Mariners FCSydney FC5.00 PMBluetongue Central Coast Stadium

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 I feel that the knights are value this weekend gainst the struggling Newcastle Jets... I expect the revitilised knights to win this one & expect the too have odds of at least $10.00 I am not sure what everyone's thoughts are on this? also I feel as though Beazley from NZ Knights is by far a better Captain than Muscut from Melbourne Victory.....

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 I'm not sure that the bookies will rate the Jets strongly enough to have the Knights at $10, but they'll certainly be outsiders. As for 'struggling', I've got to say that this certainly wouldn't be my assessment of them. They have won 4 of their last 6 including a good victory against Melbourne in Melbourne. Are you a Knights fan by any chance? Your posts come across as rating them at a level that I honestly haven't seen from them, and I don't think anyone else here has given them. I'm not trying to have a go at you, but I just don't see how the Jets are struggling or how the Knights are revitalised. As for the other games, I think Adelaide might be too good for a sluggish Victory, whilst the Roar I think should be slight favourites in an even contest. Mariners and Sydney will be an interesting clash - Mariners a fortress at home, but Sydney certainly coming into form. Might be a weekend where I avoid match odds and take some teams on the DNB option.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Have to agree with Oscar there Ice.

In the last seven rounds the Newcastle Jets have taken 16 points from a possible 21 and scored 12 goals for and only 5 against, and if you consider that struggling then I don't know what you consider the Knights to have done. The Knights have taken just the 3 points and scored 4 while conceding 21.

Oct 14, 2006

Newcastle Jets

3 - 0

NZ Knights

Aug 27, 2006

NZ Knights

0 - 0

Newcastle Jets

Jul 16, 2006

NZ Knights

1 - 1

Newcastle Jets

Jan 13, 2006

Newcastle Jets

3 - 0

NZ Knights

Nov 04, 2005

NZ Knights

2 - 4

Newcastle Jets

Sep 18, 2005

Newcastle Jets

4 - 0

NZ Knights

Looking at previous meetings between the Knights and the Jets certainly doesn’t give me any confidence to back the Knights. In 6 games the Knights have been held goalless 4 times by the Jets and have only scored 3 goals. The Jets on the other hand have a 4-2-0 head to head record and scored 15 goals. That is a commanding record by the Jets and they will have no fears playing away in New Zealand either because in 3 visits there the Knights have been unable to beat them. The Newcastle Jets beat Melbourne last week and are only the second team to do so this year, and they beat them at the Telstra Dome.

The Jets are in the best form of their A League career and I don’t understand how you could even consider backing the Knights in any capacity with the figures presented. Especially when the Knights are coming off a Perth trip and a game played in very hot weather. The last time the Knights played away in Perth they lost their next game 3-0. The Jets have a wealth of attacking options and can't see them having too much trouble scoring against the Knight's defence. This games a no brainer. They could play it in Afghanistan and the Jets would win easily.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Hyundai A-League Round 15 Squads Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Friday 1 December

7.30pm ACDT (7.00pm AEST (Qld only), 8.00pm AEDT, 5.00pm AWST) Hindmarsh Stadium, Adelaide Adelaide Squad: 1.Daniel BELTRAME (gk), 2.Richie ALAGICH, 3.Kristian REES, 4.Angelo COSTANZO, 5.Michael VALKANIS, 6.Ross ALOISI (Captain) 8.Carl VEART, 9.Matthew KEMP, 10.FERNANDO, 11.ROMARIO, 12.Greg OWENS, 13.Travis DODD, 14.Aaron GOULDING, 15.Nathan BURNS, 16.Bobby PETTA, 20.Robert BAJIC (gk). *One to be omitted In: Greg Owens (returns from injury), Bobby Petta (returns from injury) Out: Jason Spagnuolo (suspended – 1 match) Others Unavailable: 7. Lucas Pantelis (knee – season), Dez Giraldi (ankle – unknown) Melbourne Squad: 1.Michael THEOKLITOS (gk), 2.Kevin MUSCAT (Captain), 4.Mark BYRNES, 6.Steve PANTELIDIS, 8.FRED, 9.Daniel ALLSOPP, 10.Archie THOMPSON, 12.Rodrigo VARGAS, 14.Adrian CACERES, 15.Adrian LEIJER, 16.Simon STOREY, 17.Grant BREBNER, 18.ALESSANDRO, 20.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk), 21.James ROBINSON. In: Kevin Mucast (back from injury), Michael Theoklitos (return from injury), Simon Storey (promoted) Out: Michael Ferrante (omitted), Kristian Sarkies (omitted), Peter Gavalas (short-term contract ended) Others Unavailable: Daniel Piorkowski (hamstring – 1 week) Impending stats, facts and trivia With two Brazilian players in both squads, this match could be the first time in Australian domestic league history that four Brazilians have taken the field at the same time in a match. Simultaneous appearances by Adelaide United's Romario and Fernando, and Melbourne's Fred and Alessandro, would beat the current record of three Brazilians playing in one match, which has never occurred in a Hyundai A-League match, and only occurred in two matches in the old national league: on 27 March 2000 when Carlton (Alex Moreira) and Perth (Edgar Aldrighi Junior and Aurelio Schwertz) together took the field for 13 minutes; and on 23 March 1980 when Nelio Borges, Hilton Silva and Marcus Silva, who all played for Sydney City, played simultaneously for 10 minutes in a match against Heidelberg. Queensland Roar v Perth Glory Saturday 2 December

7.00pm AEST (8.00pm AEDT, 7.30pm ACDT, 5.00pm AWST) Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Queensland Squad: 1.Tom WILLIS (gk), 2.Andrew PACKER, 3.Remo BUESS, 5.Josh McCLOUGHAN (Captain), 6.Stuart McLAREN, 9.Simon LYNCH, 10.Ante MILICIC, 11.REINALDO, 13.Spase DILEVSKI, 15.Matthew McKAY, 16.Hyuk-Su SEO, 17.Damian MORI, 18.Dario VIDOSIC, 19.Sasa OGNENOVSKI, 20.Liam REDDY (gk), 27.Chris GROSSMAN. *one to be omitted In: Simon Lynch (return from injury), Chris Grossman (new short-term signing) Out: Chad Gibson (suspended – 1 match) Others Unavailable: Massimo Murdocca (foot injury – 6 weeks) Perth Squad: 20.Aleks VRTESKI (gk), 3.David TARKA, 4.Simon COLOSIMO, 5.Jamie HARNWELL (Captain), 6.Jeremy CHRISTIE, 8.David MICEVSKI, 9.Luka GLAVAS, 10.Bobby DESPOTOVSKI, 12.Leo BERTOS, 13.Ante KOVACEVIC, 14.Jamie COYNE, 16.Adrian WEBSTER, 17.Stuart YOUNG, 18.Josip MAGDIC, 19.Naum SEKULOVSKI, 50. Tommi TOMICH (gk) *one to be omitted In: Simon Colosimo (return from suspension), Josip Magdic (promoted) Out: Stan Lazaridis (hamstring – 1 week) Others Unavailable: Jason Petkovic (broken leg - season), Mark Robertson (groin – 2 weeks), Mimi Saric (virus – 1 week) Impending stats, facts and trivia Queensland Roar will welcome its 100,000th home spectator for the season in this match. In the Roar's six home games to date in the Hyundai A-League 2006/07 an aggregate audience of 97,278 has attended matches at Suncorp Stadium, meaning that the 2,722nd person to come through the turnstiles against Perth will be number 100,000. New Zealand Knights v Newcastle Jets Sunday 3 December

5.00pm NZDT (2.00pm AEST (Qld only), 3.00pm AEDT, 2.30pm ACDT, 1.00pm AWST) North Harbour Stadium, Auckland, NZ New Zealand Squad: 12.Mark PASTON (gk), 2.Darren BAZELEY (Captain), 3.Gregory DURUZ, 4.Che BUNCE, 6.Neil EMBLEN, 11.Jonti RICHTER, 14.Malik BUARI, 16.Noah HICKEY, 18.Michael WHITE, 20.Michael TURNBULL (gk), 26.FERNANDO, 27.Dustin WELLS, 28.Alen MARCINA. In: Nil Out: Jonas Salley (suspended – 1 match), Sime Kovacevic (knee – 3-4 weeks) Others Unavailable: Richard Johnson (hamstring 3-4 weeks), Dani Rodrigues (knee - season), Sean Devine (back – 3-4 weeks), Adam Casey (hamstring 2-3 weeks), Scot Gemmill (hamstring – 2-3 weeks) Newcastle Squad: 1.Ivan NECEVSKI (gk), 2.Steve EAGLETON, 3.Jade NORTH, 5.Milton RODRIGUEZ, 6.Andrew DURANTE, 8.Matt THOMPSON, 9.Vaughan COVENY, 10.Nick CARLE, 11.Tarek ELRICH,12.Paul OKON (Captain),13.Adam D’APUZZO, 15.Stuart MUSIALIK, 16.Labinot HALITI, 18.Joel GRIFFITHS, 19.Mark BRIDGE, 22.Steven OLD, 24.Paul KOHLER. *two to be omitted In: Andrew Durante (return from suspension), Labinot Haliti (promoted), Tarek Elrich (promoted) Out: Ben Kennedy (wrist – 1 week) Others Unavailable: Craig Deans (knee – season), Jobe Wheelhouse (ankle – season) Impending stats, facts and trivia The Knights will be aiming to improve its record against one of its most dominant opponents in Newcastle Jets. In five Hyundai A-League confrontations to date, the Knights have lost four and drawn one, and in the process conceded 14 goals and scored just two. In terms of average goal margin per game in all encounters to date, -2.4, this is the most dominant record that one team has over another in the Hyundai A-League. Central Coast Mariners v Sydney FC Sunday 3 December

5.00pm AEDT (4.00pm AEST (Qld only), 4.30pm ACDT, 3.00pm AWDT) Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Central Coast Squad: 20.Danny VUKOVIC (gk), 2.Wayne O’SULLIVAN, 5.Bradley PORTER, 6.Andre GUMPRECHT, 7.John HUTCHINSON, 9.Nik MRDJA, 10.Tom PONDELJAK, 11.Damien BROWN, 12.Stewart PETRIE, 13.Tony VIDMAR, 14.Vuko TOMASEVIC, 15.Andrew CLARK, 18.Alex WILKINSON (Captain), 19.Adam KWASNIK, 23.Mile JEDINAK, 30.Matthew TROTT (gk) *one to be omitted In: Brad Porter (promoted), Vuko Tomasevic (promoted) Out: Jamie McMaster (suspended – 1 match) Others Unavailable: John Crawley (hip – season), Nigel Boogaard (osteitis pubis – 6 weeks), Matt Osman (hip flexor – 2 weeks), Paul O’Grady (hamstring – 4 weeks), Noel Spencer (knee – 2 weeks) Sydney FC Squad: 1.Clint BOLTON (gk), 2.Iain FYFE, 3.Alvin CECCOLI, 4.Mark RUDAN (Captain), 6.Ufuk TALAY, 7.Robbie MIDDLEBY, 8.Ruben ZADKOVICH, 9.David ZDRILIC, 10.Steve CORICA, 11.Sasho PETROVSKI, 12.David CARNEY, 14.Alex BROSQUE, 15.Terry McFLYNN, 16.Mark MILLIGAN, 20.Justin PASFIELD 21.Nikolai TOPOR-STANLEY *One to be omitted In: Ruben Zadkovich (promoted) Out: NIL Others Unavailable: Jacob Timpano (groin – 1 week) Impending stats, facts and trivia Central Coast will be aiming to keep its long stretch of home games without a loss, which currently stands at 11 undefeated home matches. The Mariners have not lost a Hyundai A-League match at home for over 12 months - ironically it was Sydney FC who last emerged victorious after travelling to Bluetongue Stadium in a league match, winning 5-1 on 5 November 2005.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Adelaide United v Melbourne Victory Date: Friday December 1 Kick-off (local time): 7.30pm Venue: Hindmarsh Stadium Previous meeting Melbourne 0 Adelaide 1 (Telstra Dome, Hyundai A-League round eight, October 2006) Last five results Adelaide: Loss - Win - Win - Loss - Loss Melbourne: Win - Draw - Win - Win - Loss Analysis Despite Melbourne's domination this season, Adelaide has enjoyed the better of their battles over the past 18 months with the league leader winning just once in nine meetings in all competitions. Strangely, Melbourne has also not even so much as scored at Hindmarsh Stadium - the venue for Friday night's much-anticipated clash which doubles up as Brazilian legend Romario's home debut in Adelaide colours. The World Cup winner's performance last week in the loss to the Mariners didn’t quite match the marketing sparkle of his build-up but he remains the drawcard for what is expected to be Hindmarsh's largest crowd of the season. Adding spice to the contest are a number of factors not least the sparks which flew in the pair's previous meeting when Greg Owens' goal seven minutes from time inflicted Melbourne's first loss of the season. That clash is also remembered for the sideline altercation between Adelaide coach John Kosmina and Victory captain Kevin Muscat with Kosmina handed a four-match touchline ban for his part. Muscat faces a late fitness test on the knee strain which saw him miss the defeat to Newcastle but is included in Ernie Merrick's provisional squad and is set to face Romario for the second time after facing one another in the 1997 Confederations Cup. Simon Storey and goalkeeper Michael Theoklitos have recovered from minor niggles with backup 'keeper Peter Gavalas, Kristian Sarkies and Michael Ferrante all dropping out. Defender Daniel Piorkowski is also absent with a hamstring injury. Adelaide, meanwhile, welcomes back Owens from a foot injury and Bobby Petta (thigh) while Jason Spagnuolo is suspended after accumulating four bookings. There is still no Shengqing Qu after a month on the sidelines with an ankle problem.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 He played last week Unco when Adelaide met Central Coast at the Mariners home ground. Apparently he didn't set the house on fire but had a couple of excellent chances to score but didn't take them. He should go better this week at home against Melbourne.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 CURRENT ROUND 15 ODDS AND THOUGHTS

Home

X

Away

Adelaide

2-50

3-30

2-50

Melbourne

The Home team have a commanding head to head record against Melbourne and are yet to concede a goal at home when playing the all conquering Victory. Good odds about both sides here for Friday nights match of the round.

Queensland

2-45

3-30

2-60

Perth

The Roar have won their last 3 against the Glory, and Perth will be missing Laziridis for this game due to injury. Stan the man is the Harry Kewell of the A League as he is out more than he plays, and Perth don’t win many when he is out.

NZ Knights

6-75

4-35

1-38

Newcastle Jets

The Knights would have more chance of winning a chook raffle at the local pub than winning here. Ads has again threatened to bare his arse in Myer’s front window if the home team can beat the Jets.

CC Mariners

2-70

3-30

2-35

Sydney

Interesting game here as the Mariners won 3-1 last time out when at home to Sydney, but the away teams has a 5-1-2 head to head record which makes for a very interesting game here. Great odds about the mariners who are unbeaten at home for 12 months.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Adelaide vs Melbourne Firstly i will start off by saying Adelaide have a brilliant record against Melbourne, they have 4 wins from 5 head to head and were the first team to beat Melbourne this year. Also worth noting is the Home vs Away form of these two sides, Adelaide have won 5 from 6 at home while Melbourne are 100% on the road winning 6 from 6 which makes this very tough to call. Adelaide are averaging over 3 goals a game at home why Melbourne are averaging 2.50 goals away. So already you can see the quality of these two sides this season, but overall Adelaide just seem to be a bogey team for Melbourne. Team news isnt great for Melbourne as captain Kevin Muscat will face a late fitness test for his spot in the 11, but i highly doubt he will line up. Melbourne really missed Muscat last week and you could tell he was missing as they had no drive forward. Apart from that Melbourne have no other major injury concerns to big name players. For Adelaide, this is a big occasion for them as Brazilian legend Romario will make his first home appearence for his new club and that means this match will be a sell out. Also for Adelaide Kevin Owens returns which is a massive boost for them as he is a quality player, while Bobby Petta returns and he was brilliant early in the season playing down the wings and settign up dangerous crosses, so if he can cross the ball over to Romario then Adelaide could have a win here in the bags. Jason Spagnuolo is out suspended which is a big loss for Adelaide though, but they have plenty of good back up in defence. As this game is so hard to pick, i really cant go past the draw here, and to add some value the 1-1 scoreline. But im not going to bet huge stakes on this game, its the game of the season so far and i just want to sit back and enjoy it. And for interest sakes ill put a bit on the great man Romario to score first at $7.00. So i'll take the draw, but will still support for my favourite team Melbourne. But if i were to back a winner, id favour Adelaide slightly. Pick DRAW at $3.30 - (5/10) Pick 1-1 Correct Score at $7.00 - (3/10) Romario to Score First at $7.00 - (2/10) Best of luck to those betting, this could be the game of the year! :ok

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3

He played last week Unco when Adelaide met Central Coast at the Mariners home ground. Apparently he didn't set the house on fire but had a couple of excellent chances to score but didn't take them. He should go better this week at home against Melbourne.
Oh ic, never knew that :lol Guess I was lagging behind after sometime away Anyway will be taking Adelaide United -0 AH this week. Their good record can't be ignored against Melb and with Petta and Owens back Adelaide is pretty much full team minus Qu. Also I expect such a good record ( Melbourne away form) might get broken soon and today might be the day. Nothing too big thou, will take this medium stake. G'luck everyone this weekend :hope

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Pick: Over 2.5 @1.80 (Centrebet) Adelaide's home games: Won 5-1 v Newcastle Won 3-0 v Perth Lost 1-4 v Sydney Won 3-1 v Central Coast Won 4-2 v NZ Won 3-2 v Perth They love to score at home and also tend to open up as well. Except for the Sydney game, they have scored at least 3 goals at home Melbourne away games: Won 3-0 v NZ Won 2-1 v Perth Won 2-0 v Newcastle Won 2-1 v Sydney Won 4-0 v NZ Won 2-0 v QLD Except for the Newcastle and QLD game they have gone over. But Newcastle and QLD have had problems scoring all year and if they had these games would have went over too. Also they have scored at least 2 goals on the road. While i lean to Adelaide winning (especially with Kosmina reminding his players that its payback time for that incident however Muscat will probably not play) i think the over has a greater chance of happening.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Adelaide United Vs Melbourne Victory

Oct 15, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Aug 25, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

2 - 0

Adelaide Utd

Jul 16, 2006

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Jan 05, 2006

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 0

Melb. Victory

Oct 28, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 1

Adelaide Utd

Sep 09, 2005

A-League

Adelaide Utd

1 - 0

Melb. Victory

Aug 06, 2005

A-League

Melb. Victory

0 - 0

Adelaide Utd

Adelaide have a commanding 5-1-1 head to head against Melbourne and have only conceded 2 goals against the Victory in seven matches. Melbourne seem to be unable to adjust to Adelaide’s game plan and will need to be switched on if they want to get their 7th straight away win this season.

Last 8

Games

M

W

D

L

P

F

A

Adelaide

Home

Melbourne

Away

Adelaide has a top record at home but Melbourne also have a tremendous win ratio away from home. If anything, Melbourne’s away record is better than Adelaide’s home record.

Goals Per Shot

Team

Shots

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Total

Adelaide Utd

Total

Melbourne Vict

Team

On goal

Goals

Shots per goal

Games

Shots per Game

Home

Adelaide Utd

Away

Melbourne Vict

Melbourne consistently score a goal around every 5 shots and that is why they have won so many games this season. Last week the victory only had 8 shots but had the opportunity to score 2 goals but didn’t capitalize, and they tasted defeat. Adelaide also score at a good rate at home with a goal every 5.5 shots and from the above table they have twice as many shots at home as Melbourne does away. This would indicate that once again Melbourne are not going to have that many shots, but it is whether they convert them or not. Adelaide are averaging 18 shots a game at home and that indicates that they should at least score tonight at some stage.

Times Goals Scored - TOTAL

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Total

Adelaide Utd

3 - 2

6 - 3

3 - 3

5 - 4

3 - 2

3 - 5

Total

Melbourne Vict

7 - 3

4 - 3

1 - 0

8 - 0

4 - 1

5 - 3

Adelaide and Melbourne are are capable of scoring goals at any point of a game. Melbourne score goals at the start of each half and Adelaide will have to be very wary early. Melbourne finally had a goal scored against them last week in the 46m-60m period but are yet to concede a goal between 31m and 60 minutes.

Time Goals Scored – HOME and AWAY

Team

0-15

16-30

31-45

46-60

61-75

76-90

Home

Adelaide Utd

2 - 1

6 - 0

2 - 3

5 - 2

2 - 2

2 - 2

Away

Melbourne Vict

2 - 1

2 - 0

1 - 0

5 - 0

4 - 0

1 - 1

Adelaide are at their most dangerous after 15 minutes have passed in the game, scoring 6 goals in the 16-30 minute period. Melbourne have only conceded 3 goals away from home and they have been in the first and last 15 minutes of a game. This makes for an interesting encounter tonight.

Adelaide strengthened by the return of Greg Owens and Bobby Petta from injury while they lose Jason Spagnuolo who is suspended for one match. Melbourne welcome back defender Kevin Muscat and Michael Theoklitos who both also return from injury and Simon Storey has been promoted. Michael Ferrante and Kristian Sarkies are omitted while Peter Gavalas short-term contract has ended.

Current Odds

X

Adelaide

2-65

3-25

2-40

Adelaide

I don’t have much time but I think Adelaide’s defence will be able to contain Melbourne’s shot making and will have enough shots of there own to perhaps get the winner at some stage during the game. I don’t like the fact that Melbourne have never scored in Adelaide and the fact that they have only ever beaten Adelaide once, couple that with Adelaide’s winning record at home, and their goal scoring ability at home, and I think Adelaide are great odds tonight.

BET

Adelaide Straight Out to Win @ $2-65

Adelaide 1-0 Correct Scoreline @ $7-50

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 I'm gonna have a smallish 4 team multibet for the weekend and hope for some luck. I like the Mariners at home to Sydney but could go wither way, and if i can get that far I will save on the draw. Adelaide/Queensland/Jets/CC Mariners @ $24-00 Adelaide/Queensland/Jets/Sydney @ $21-00 Great odds if these teams can get up :)

I am surprised that BJ has gone against his Victory team this week?
I believe Adelaide are good value at $2-65 considering their home record and their great record against Melbourne. I don't think the Victory are firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 have backed Adelaide to beat Melbourne @$2.65 & adelaide to win 2-1 @$10.00 I feel that melbourne are not payling good football at the moment & statistically speaking Adelaide are superior in the previous encounters

I'm gonna have a smallish 4 team multibet for the weekend and hope for some luck. I like the Mariners at home to Sydney but could go wither way, and if i can get that far I will save on the draw. Adelaide/Queensland/Jets/CC Mariners @ $24-00 Adelaide/Queensland/Jets/Sydney @ $21-00 Great odds if these teams can get up :)
can't believe you didn't back the knights this is there week I am telling you...they have signed a premier league quality defender & a chinese International;)

Re: Australian A League Round 15 December 1-3 Will be a big night of sport tonight, so for an interest i will have some small stakes on the following double: Adelaide Win / Taipains OVer 10.5 in NBL - $5.57 Then i'll head over to Meatmans French 2nd division for his quality tips!