Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT

GaF

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT Ok - point taken with more gradual increase and more notice :ok There aren't a huge number of value added games on focus sites, on for $20 or $30 with a months notice - might be tricky to find...... But I'm going to keep this Saturdays game anyway ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT Only a suggestion but the 8pm $1000 added ($20)and the 10pm $2000 guaranteed ($30)on Mansion only have about 70 runners (pays top 9, tonights min £109 for 9th) and 40 runners respectively (pays top 6 $198 tonight) and i find great value. Both 1st prizes are between $800 and $1200, so well worth it and you only have to win the one and your sorted for a while Just a suggestion, but I do take the point of what has been said on the post. I only really started increases my buy ins probably over the last 6 months and seem to do okay. Also, i am lucky that if i work during the night I can specifically pick games with less players. There is a $5 rebuy at 8.45 each evening and has about 25 players but the prize is to play in the weekly poker dome final, so not bad value, I have qualified for the last few (but Sunday Drinking at lunchtime does me no favours, but i have finished in the money as pays top 18) I think before a league is set up we need to see how many players are entering as ther may be no point if it is just 4 or 5 players But anyway, good luck to all playing, I know that a few people on here will surprise themselves and do really well. Great post people!

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT 15 entrants in the end - so no direct overlay in the Sat (but there will be if you get through). The standard is atrocious!!!!!! In the first 35 mins we are down to 7 players and the blinds are still only 25/50!!!!! Washman still in too - we're 2nd and 4th :-))

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT Thanks Gaf - great game towards the end. Play improved a lot once we were down to 4. Played a qualifier on Monday, and more or less got my money back, then lost it all yesterday. Thought I'd deposit another $20 tonight and try this one :ok Even if I hadn't qualified, I think the higher buy-in now and again is a good idea. I do try and qualify for $50 and $100 games here and there through satellites, and won $1600 in one in August - if I can do it everyone else on PL should be thinking about these sorts of games. I certainly won't be playing for $100 every week due to finances, but will have a go at qualifying now and again. :ok

Re: **Poker Thursday 30th November** lol - cruz really isn't happy about this and has gone into one because I outdrew him ..... just chucked it into a calculator though and when the money went in post flop, I was a 53% favourite!!!

HAND HISTORY DETAILS ***** Hand History for Game 15457486 ***** Buy in Sat to $5000 Added! 1 Seat gtd Hand start time: 2006-12-01 00:12:24 Seat 6 is the button Total number of players: 6 Seat 1: Telepe(1,690.00) Seat 2: Brucether(2,390.00) Seat 3: Seat 4: viper_muscle(3,165.00) Seat 5: Seat 6: rodelt(2,005.00) Seat 7: Seat 8: cruz(5,995.00) Seat 9: mac2nt(2,755.00) Current Number of Players: 286 mac2nt start position: 2,755.00 cruz start position: 5,995.00 rodelt start position: 2,005.00 viper_muscle start position: 3,165.00 Brucether start position: 2,390.00 Telepe start position: 1,690.00 cruz posts small blind (50) mac2nt posts big blind (100) Telepe is dealt down [Qd Ad] Telepe raises to (350) Brucether folds (viper_muscle) folds rodelt folds cruz calls (350) mac2nt folds flop: [2d Kd 5s] cruz bets (1900) Telepe calls (1340) and is all-in cruz is refunded (560) Telepe shows [Qd Ad] cruz shows [6d 6c] turn: [7s] river: [4d] cruz shows [6d 6c] for a pair of sixes Telepe shows [Qd Ad] for a flush, ace high cruz says: "jesus" Telepe wins (3480) Telepe end position: 3,480.00 Brucether end position: 2,390.00 viper_muscle end position: 3,165.00 rodelt end position: 2,005.00 cruz end position: 4,305.00 mac2nt end position: 2,655.00 Hand end time: 2006-12-01 00:13:16

Re: **Poker Thursday 30th November** Well , he was facing a flush draw mind him . You had decent outs . Any A or Q would have done the trick too :nana:nana:nana:nana

Yeah - happy with the way I played it - just funny his reaction at "getting outdrawn by A high" when he was actually behind :lol :lol :lol

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT hmmmmm , i see that the buy in is $100 . I rather we invest that in the 250k gurantee on prima . Its a $100 + $10 buy-in and its a freezeout . The prizes are attractive as well . First prize bangs an incredible 58k payout . This is on sunday 20.30 GMT

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT

hmmmmm , i see that the buy in is $100 . I rather we invest that in the 250k gurantee on prima . Its a $100 + $10 buy-in and its a freezeout . The prizes are attractive as well . First prize bangs an incredible 58k payout . This is on sunday 20.30 GMT
Had me worried there - is definitely Saturday 19:00 GMT!!!!!! How many entrants does the Prima get? Ignore the headline "prize" - look at the overlay - that is a far better indication of value ...... there may be no value at all in the Prima game, despite the large "headline" prize amount ....... if you're thinking long term and thinking profit, then games like this Mansion one are fantastic, EVEN if you're not playing for $250,000. Without knowing anything about the Prima tourney (so I'm guessing), I'm pretty confident that the Mansion game is better value.....

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT I haven't yet - but I'm in profit!! Have played twice and got a 2nd and a 3rd..... Will try harder now it's the weekend..... I still have the £580 they gave away on the American Football in my account, so I may be tempted to buy in direct anyway (cos as I say it REALLY is great value)...... Even if there are only 3 players who make it to the "final", that doesn't mean there are only 3 people who tried ;)

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT :cry just came third in a qualifier for sat night. V.fast and furious early on, started with 11 players and down to 5 still on 2nd level. Unfortunately got bullied a bit by the big stacks so i'm gonna lick my wounds and maybe try again later.;)

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT {I play $25 turbo stts on Betfair and I've just taken a super turbo one by calling an all-in heads up with 6c3c...he has AK...not a comment from him... till the table gives A2457 (or something like that...no hand history)...hell's bells the shit hit the fan then!!!:dude } Anyway...transfering enough over to Mansion to pay for 2 shots on Saturday...that's $22...about £12 that would be. So £12 for a couple of hours of poker with a possible pot of gold at the end...I'm game!:hope I think it is fair enough that tournaments like this are included occasionally...just fortunate that I can have a shot at this one, but even if I couldn't afford it...it wouldn't alter my own opinion that GotaFancy has stated, many times in the past, that he is looking for diversity as much as possible in the Focus games. (Can I reserve the right to change my opinion tomorrow night and , if I lose my $22, then I can come on and declare what a bloody stupid idea it is to have these as Focus games???);)

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT

(Can I reserve the right to change my opinion tomorrow night and , if I lose my $22, then I can come on and declare what a bloody stupid idea it is to have these as Focus games???);)
lol - NO - your opinion is now on record ;) Cheers for the support :ok These games really are so soft - I'm really hoping a PL'r makes a decent profit to justify my choice in some way ..... (positive or negative though 1 result doesn't prove anything)

Re: Focus Game - Saturday 2nd December - 19:00 GMT Just one more question please... Qualifiers tomorrow morning at (3.30 no good) 7.30 and 11.30...there is not one showing for the afternoon...is that likely to be added at a later time or is the 11.30 one going to be the last chance?