** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Why I'm uninstalling all Boss Media poker.

Dodger

For the last few weeks I haven't had an uninterupted tournament on Sporting Odds...on two previous occasions I was so peed off that I contacted them about it... ''With reference to the Champions League game (SO poker), Tuesday 7th November... Played this game for a few minutes, got A3 diamonds with 3 diamonds on the board, when the game stopped dead. Couple of minutes then message saying server connection lost and table will shut down after this hand, which it did. Unable to get connection back until an hour later...but the table did not load up, the table screen remained blank and inactive. However I was not allowed to shut down the software again with open tables, which I didn't have! What a shambles! Given that I was playing at two other sites during this time, without any problems at all, and the fact that Virgin poker ( another Boss site) also would not load up I am hoping that my entrance fee for this game will be refunded as this was obviously a problem with Boss rather than with my end. (Finally got back on proper at 9.35 by which time I was already out of the game!) Yours in good faith.'' ''Thank you for contacting SportingOdds. Please accept our apologies on behalf of Boss Media for the inconvenience caused. We have credited your entrance fee back to your poker account and passed on your email to Boss. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again Kind regards '' That is fair enough, but then the very next week... ''To Sporting Odds: Yet again... ''With reference to the Champions League game (SO poker), Tuesday 7th November...'' was how I started last weeks email...this one is... With reference to the Champions League game of Tuesday 14th November... First attempt 700+ in queue, 5 minutes waiting time, stuck on 2 in queue then unable to connect to server. Second attempt 700+ in queue...logged on then no table loaded. Half an hour later any attempt to log on gave message that the poker room was unavailable, please try later. Finally got on at 9.55 by which time I was out of the tournament. During these 2 hours I was logged onto several other sites with no problems at all...except for Virgin poker which also wouldn't load up (but that is another Boss media skin!)...the problem appears to lie with Boss Media. Having said this...the game did go ahead and I don't understand why this problem exists or what I can do to resolve any problems. Again a refund would be appreciated. I only funded my account to play in the CL and PL league games and this is getting really frustrating. I am assuming this will be passed onto Boss so... To Boss Media: Is there any relevence that both my major problems happened at the same time on the same day of the week? Can I do anything to avoid this happening as it is clear that many others are not having the same problems?'' ''Thank you for contacting Sporting Odds We really do apologies for any inconvenience caused. In regards to the functionality problems regarding our software, this was in fact caused by the previous maintenance work that was carried out yesterday morning. The issue had been identified and subsequently resolved, however this of course brings little comfort to you if you end up not being able to participate fully in the poker tournament you were scheduled to play :( Boss Media our software providers defined the problem as 'turbulence caused by the upgrade', so without trying to blow this issue out of proportion we have decided to credit back your $3.00 stake. On one final note, it is vital to combat the problems that occur from time to time so it's in everyone's interests to allow Boss the time for these changes, even though it is frustrating for all in the short term. One days worth of grievance may equate to months of continuous reliability on the server (fingers crossed). Once more however, please accept our sincerest apologies. I hope this matter has now been resolved however if we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again.'' I found this reply very condescending...but decided to carry on, but today is the final straw. Couldn't get on Virgin for the first half hour attempt at stack building but, amazingly, got straight on Sporting Odds at 8.00. All went well for half an hour, then the game started stalling and gave bursts of multi-speed action every five minutes. It allowed me to post bets before freezing and sitting me out. Then it changed me to another table, froze, lost lobby server and decided to restart in 10 seconds...but it then couldn't reconnect at all. Enough is enough...there is no fun in playing poker if you are expecting disconnections half way through every hand. I'm uninstalling all the Boss software because it really is getting on my bloody tits!