Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov

Wednesday 22 November 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Spartak Moscow v Bayern München (17:30 GMT)4.403.502.1099%
Bordeaux v Galatasaray (19:45 GMT)2.073.304.45102%
Inter Milan v Sporting Lisbon (19:45 GMT)1.524.159.00101%
Levski Sofia v Barcelona (19:45 GMT)16.007.001.22103%
Liverpool v PSV (19:45 GMT)1.663.556.60104%
Shaktar v Roma (19:45 GMT)3.603.302.25103%
Valencia v Olympiakos (19:45 GMT)1.404.4010.00105%
Werder Bremen v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)2.603.403.15100%

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Just had a quick skip through the list. I paid particular attention to the Chelsea game. I'll probably be laying them this time around. Not that I'm all for conspiracy theories and the like, but, Chelsea have Levski at home next up to lock in the group winner spot, Bremen need this win to leave them only needing a point at the nou camp. Chelsea have Man Utd to play at the weekend. Any thoughts. Probably a no bet round for me otherwise.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov

Just had a quick skip through the list. I paid particular attention to the Chelsea game. I'll probably be laying them this time around. Not that I'm all for conspiracy theories and the like, but, Chelsea have Levski at home next up to lock in the group winner spot, Bremen need this win to leave them only needing a point at the nou camp. Chelsea have Man Utd to play at the weekend. Any thoughts. Probably a no bet round for me otherwise.
Postman I really like your thinking. Also the fact that they could almost eliminate Barca from the comp at this stage, that could definitely play a role. Barca would perhaps be considered their biggest rivals, and major contenders for the trophy. They could kill two birds with one stone having them knocked out at this early stage.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov I am going out on a limb here, don't be blindsided by the huge odds on offer. Olympiakos to beat Valencia - 10.50 I watched Valencia lose to Sevilla 3-0 yesterday, they were terrible, no penetration, no invention the performance was truly poor. Edu tore his cruciate ligament in this match and he is out for 6-7 months, adding to the injuries of Marchena, Albelda, Gavilan, Del Horno and Moretti. At least 4 of these players could be considered automatic starters so the squad is starting to look really thin. Olympiakos scored twice in their last encounter which Valencia won 4-2 so they can definitely get amongst the goals, they need to win and Roma need to falter to have any chance of staying in the competition, but I guess there is still a UEFA cup spot at stake so this will add to the incentive for Olympiakos to do well in Spain. Olympiakos are way overs and are definitely capable of causing a boilover here.

I am going out on a limb here, don't be blindsided by the huge odds on offer. Olympiakos to beat Valencia - 10.50 I watched Valencia lose to Sevilla 3-0 yesterday, they were terrible, no penetration, no invention the performance was truly poor. Edu tore his cruciate ligament in this match and he is out for 6-7 months, adding to the injuries of Marchena, Albelda, Gavilan, Del Horno and Moretti. At least 4 of these players could be considered automatic starters so the squad is starting to look really thin. Olympiakos scored twice in their last encounter which Valencia won 4-2 so they can definitely get amongst the goals, they need to win and Roma need to falter to have any chance of staying in the competition, but I guess there is still a UEFA cup spot at stake so this will add to the incentive for Olympiakos to do well in Spain. Olympiakos are way overs and are definitely capable of causing a boilover here.
Olympiacos did well in Rome and that price does seem a bit big for them. For me though, with them its simple, if Rivaldo plays, they can play at the highest level, if he doesn't, they will struggle. I would rather see what the price is for draw at HT (currently 1.01 Betfair) as I can't see Olympiacos winning the game. I know you mention about the Seville game but this could just as easily spur on the team for this game.

Olympiacos did well in Rome and that price does seem a bit big for them. For me though, with them its simple, if Rivaldo plays, they can play at the highest level, if he doesn't, they will struggle. I would rather see what the price is for draw at HT (currently 1.01 Betfair) as I can't see Olympiacos winning the game. I know you mention about the Seville game but this could just as easily spur on the team for this game.
Took Olympiacos over 2/1 double chance at CB yesterday good analysis regarding Valencia injuries i'd add they have a crucial game next sunday ag Real lose this and CL will be a hard task this year , besides all some players are not at the best due to over played minutes the pair albiol-ayala playing every 3 days for some weeks now there are rumors on ches side Villa will be reserved yet they have morientes that loves Cl and upfront many choices with sharp players ,other fact to consider is if roma does not win or is losing their game valencia won't need to win tough i guess oly will be fired to do so . I'd like to hear from Greek side they held Roma and Shaktar & are doing good in their league any missings from them ? Despite valencia will be motivated to change the trend with a win ahead of real game there should be doubts wether they can actually offer much at presently . Cheers. Cheers.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Liverpool FC - PSV Eindohoven Pick: Liverpool Odds: 1.85 @ Betfair A pretty good price is offered for LFC on betfair at the moment, you can get them for 1.85 and I suggested you to take it before it drops. Most bookies are giving around 1.65, and none of them opened above 1.70 as I can see. However, now 1.75 is available at both Nordicbet and Gamebookers. That is a realistic target for the Betfair market come matchday as well. A lot of people have been talking about how awfully LFC play at the moment, however, you must not forget their amazing run at home on Anfield, they are undefeated there for over a year in the league. Also LFC have been doing really well in Europe, won CL 04/05, won thier group in CL 05/06 (ahead of among others Chelsea) and are undefeated so far in this seasons CL. They will also be fully motivated to grab 3 points here since that would ensure them of winning the group while any other result would most likely give PSV the group win, and thus probably and easier opponent in the first round of the knock-out rounds. I suggest to grab Liverpool while the price is still so high, good luck! :ok

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Valencia - Olimpiakos
Selection Lay Valencia (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.54 (Lay)
Reasoning Valencia have secured qualification and are leading group D with 10 points. Valencia has a long injury list and that reflected in their recent results: midfielder Edu will be out of action for six months with a knee problem, the injury list also includes Emiliano Moretti, Jaime Gavilan, David Albelda, Carlos Marchena and Asier del Horno, while striker David Villa is a small doubt with an ankle injury. This weekend Valencia play Real Madrid and I think the coach will rest some key players. On the other side the Greek champions need a win here to still have hopes of qualifying and I don't think it is impossible because they led Roma for most of the game in Rome. I think the odds on Valencia will rise and Olympiakos can surely get something out of this match.

Just had a quick skip through the list. I paid particular attention to the Chelsea game. I'll probably be laying them this time around. Not that I'm all for conspiracy theories and the like, but, Chelsea have Levski at home next up to lock in the group winner spot, Bremen need this win to leave them only needing a point at the nou camp. Chelsea have Man Utd to play at the weekend. Any thoughts. Probably a no bet round for me otherwise.
I like your thinking. Personally i have yet to check all the angles but my first gut feeling says the weekend PL match is definitely high prior win for Chelsea and considering ManU will have a tuff match on tuesday away to Celtic I'd say knowing the outcome of that match first is a bonus, which Manu players are rested, injuried, fatique etc. etc. perhaps the draw then? Max

I am going out on a limb here, don't be blindsided by the huge odds on offer. Olympiakos to beat Valencia - 10.50 I watched Valencia lose to Sevilla 3-0 yesterday, they were terrible, no penetration, no invention the performance was truly poor. Edu tore his cruciate ligament in this match and he is out for 6-7 months, adding to the injuries of Marchena, Albelda, Gavilan, Del Horno and Moretti. At least 4 of these players could be considered automatic starters so the squad is starting to look really thin. Olympiakos scored twice in their last encounter which Valencia won 4-2 so they can definitely get amongst the goals, they need to win and Roma need to falter to have any chance of staying in the competition, but I guess there is still a UEFA cup spot at stake so this will add to the incentive for Olympiakos to do well in Spain. Olympiakos are way overs and are definitely capable of causing a boilover here.
On my local bookie's website (Centrebet) Olympiakos have come in from 10.50 to 8.00.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov oly didnt win in away game in CL i love olympiakos, and i would like them to win, but i just cant see that happens :| draw @ 4.1 local bookie also, bordeaux looks good vs galatasaray they beaten psg last game, and against poor galata i think they should win bordeaux win @ 2.1

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Spartak Moscow-Bayern Munich The Germans may have won it 4-0 at home, but this time I think they will have a hard time in Russia! Inter played there in last round and only won with 1-0, I think it may be something similar this time. 0-1 Pick 1: under 2,5 goals - 1,60 @ Expekt -------------------------------------------- Valencia-Olympiakos I cannot understand the price on Olympiakos. Valencia may be the better team on a normal day, but they lost in the weekend to Valencia 3-0. Not having team news here but they were missing a few in that game through injuries. Also to keep in mind is that Valencia is through to the next round! 1-2 Pick 1: Olympiakos - 8,00 @ Bet365 Pick 2: Both teams to score - 2,05 @ Expekt -------------------------------------------- Shakhtar-Roma Roma doing well in the league and won this game fairly easy last time with 4-0 at home. A Roma win sees them qualify to the next round. After their 7-0 league win in the weekend, I think they go into this game with much confidence to get the job done! 0-2 Pick 1: Roma - 2,20 @ Bet365

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Inter to win at 1.44 with Stan James. Inter vs Sporting Lisboa Inter to face Sporting for the qualify (last match: Inter will play against Bayern in away, while Sporting will wait, at home ground, Spartak); Inter must gest 1 advantage point over Sporting, anyway, watching to the cross of last round, they are standing in must win situation, in order to play in complete relaxed state the last match. Inter is having the best period of the last seasons: they were been able to win many matches in Serie A with forgotten strong character, more they recovered the false start in CHL, winning 2 matches in a row. Big blow could be the miss of Julio Cruz (out for injurie), but they can count over Hernan Crespo, Ibrahimovic and Adriano, back in first team and to start from bench. Probable line-up (4-3-1-2): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba, Materazzi, Grosso; Vieira, Dacourt, Javier Zanetti, Stankovic; Crespo, Ibrahimovic. Sporting Lisboa betaed Inter at the debut of CHL competition, but, despite also the good away draw had in Munchen, they rested 1 point less than Italian team in the table. Anyway they will play very close, hoping to take away just 1 point, profiting of the games of the last round. Sporting Lisboa will loose their top scorer, the brasilian Liedson. Probable line-up (4-4-2): Ricardo; Abel, Tonel, Polga, Caneira; Custodio, Moutinho, Carlos Martins, Nani; Alecsandro, Djalo. Inter has a strong middle line in defensive key, like to support the attack phase, more the advanced line is really impressive even for the highest international levels (Crespo-Ibrahimovic, with Adriano to replace). Sporting could play over the approach of Inter: if the home team will fail to interpret the match, then Sporting will be very dangerous, but if Inter, like I guess, will play with the same convintion of last period, then I wait for an HW.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Valencia-Olymipakios There is pretty big unrest with the valencia team and from the reports that ive read the coach and arguably their best player david villa have falling out and there is pressure from above after the seville defeat and the no win in 4. The price on the greeks is big put saying all that valencia havent been beat at home all season but a draw with athletico bilboa who scored in the final minute when there were strolling it. Cant see them losing tonight but i reckon with Olymipakios goal threat and they have scored 3 away from home at roma + shaktar they will get one so the price for both teams to score is pretty good Over 2.5 - 2.14 betfair

Tip Detail
SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventInter Milan v Sporting Lisbon
SelectionInter Milan
Strength10/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.43 (Back)
ReasoningChampions League, Wednesday 22 Nov 2006 - 19:45 After a poor start to the group stage, Inter have managed to pull themselves back into contention with a double over Spartak. Cruz picked up a knee injury at the weekend though so he will be missing. Inter rested a number of senior players at the weekend for this tie and however long you look at the stats basically it boils down to Inter winning this game. Even though Bayern will probably qualify as group winners I feel Inter will not want to go to the Allianz Arena hoping for too much knowing that Spartak will be there for the taking in Portugal. Sporting have lost on their last 5 visits to Italy, as the odds suggest they are expected to lose again.

EventInter Milan - S.Lisbon
SelectionInter Milan (-1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.74 (Back)
ReasoningA must must must win for Inter Milan. They got bad results in first matches and now they should give their everything to come back or they can even be out of champions league because they will face bayern away next round whom they lost even at home. they don't have an important missing for this match only miss is striker Cruz. I'm not gonna write anything about lisbon because I think it's all about Inter for this match. With Crespo on form, I think they should score first then score another to relax. It can end 2-0.

EventLiverpool - PSV
SelectionPSV (+0.75) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool is very good at home but they are not good away from home. You may think this has nothing to do with this match but it's all about motivation here. Fans mean motivation and Liverpool winning at home could mean Liverpool can win with motivation and fail to win without it. They both probably qualified so they will both play relaxed. Psv is on a great form domestically while Liverpool isn't. I think with this handicap and in a situation of no-motivation, teams like PSV are always worth picking.

EventShakhtar - Roma
SelectionShakhtar (+0.25) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningShakhtar must win this match for getting hopes for last round. I'm a Galatasaray fan and I know Lucescu very well. First he tries to stop the opponent then scores a goal and then stop again. Very smart coach in my opinion. When he was with us we almost won against all of the big teams at home, drew or lost only due to bad refereeing etc. I think with the small interest of roma for this match, shakhtar can at least get a draw.

EventValencia - Olympiakos
SelectionOlympiakos (+1) (Asian Handicap)
Strength5/10
Date22/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.92 (Back)
ReasoningValencia surely qualified from this group and they are playing relaxed. we saw that when they luckily nicked a draw from a corner against shakhtar. Now they have a Real Madrid match coming up so they won't even risk David Villa and they miss albelda, marchena, del horno and others. Olympiakos made me happy last time against Roma and I hope they will make me happy again. I don't believe they have a chance to lose by two while Valencia is so un-interested.

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Bordeaux-Galatasaray Bordeaux only got 0-0 in this match away. That has been the problem for the French side, they don't score enough goals. They are still able to qualify for the UEFA cup if they win here. Galatasaray aren't as good a team as they used to be. 2-0 Pick 1: Bordeaux - 1,90 @ Bet365 -------------------------------------- Liverpool-PSV A very though and tight game, 0-0 in previous meeting. I think Liverpool, who are very strong at home, have the edge here. But as I said, this is going to be a though game. 0-0 Pick 1: PSV +0,5/+1 AH - 1,78 @ Expekt Pick 2: under 2,5 goals - 1,57 @ Expekt -------------------------------------- Inter-Sporting The home team is starting to play better and seem more solid. Sporting doing well in the CL, but I think Inter will win this. 2-0 Pick 1: Inter - 1,40 @ Expekt --------------------------------------- Werder Bremen-Chelsea The big and important game in the group, maybe more for Bremen as they could still qualify for the next round with Chelsea only needing a point to secure a place in the next round. Chelsea have United in the league, and may put more focus on that match as they play Sofia in the last round at home! This should be an entertaining game with a few goals. 2-1 Pick 1: Bremen - 2,50 @ Bet365 Pick 2: Both teams to score - 1,78 @ Expekt Pick 3: Drogba to score anytime - 3,10 @ Expekt Think I will not bet on Barcelona tonight, they should win but odds are like 1,15 only. Possibly over 2,5 @ 1,45.

Any injuries or suspensions for Werder vs Chelsea? I know Lampard is suspended & is it true Drogba is out for this game?
Haven`t heard anything about Drogba, but Chelsea will be without Lampard, Carvalho, Kalou and Bridge for this clash. A very open match who could go both ways, even if Chelsea already are through. Mourinho isn`t the type to play a CL game "for fun". Tonight I am staying away from bets from CL. Seeing the results from yesterday it only confirms that the teams abilllities are so high that anything can happen. A bet on Psv would be my only one if I see it fit, but still I would wait for my gut feeling cause of my reasoning above. L`pool in bad form, while Psv the opposite... Good luck with all of your bets though...:hope

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov What do you people honestly think about an idea of Werder tearing Chelsea apart, Knowing how strong they appear to be in the bundesleague? Chelsea got space to calculate as much as he wishes to, having even possibility to eliminate Barsa. What are the odds on werder - straight winn?

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Werder Bremen is not performing well the last weeks, winning only one out of their last 4 matches in Bundesliga, drewing at home against cottbus and loosing at home against Dortmund in that timespan. But playing an CL match against one of the top teams in the world is probably something different... No bet for me...

Re: Champions League Wednesday 22 Nov Bordeaux-Galatasaray.......Under 2.5...First game,at Galata home ground,ended 0-0..both team played in defence..Not many changes in first eleven..and with them record Bordeaux, in League 1 have 18-17 GS,GA in 14 games..not bad record?!:))..Galata have 25-16 GS,GA in the same number of games!!!...anyway poor record for Galata...scored only 9 goals in 7 away games...ok...let see now the picks:is 100% sure for this game ended under 2,5 goals... 1.55 at Gamebookers