Poker Books

Aykay1

Hi chaps, I'm going to be getting more involved in the Poker world from now on and would be grateful for any book recommendations anyone could make? I am pretty much a beginner - played one live game at the Worcester meet, went out pretty early and prior to that maybe 20-25 online STT games for small money, without a great deal of success. I am currently reading the first Harrington book and am inclined to complete the "trilogy" as I have been impressed with it. Any other recommendations? I suppose that take a different stance to Harringtons theories? Thanks guys :ok

Re: Poker Books Hi AK. Do read all three Harrington's. If you want to play MTT's they are the best books to have. Fischmann's book is very good. He doesn't try to tell you how to play AK under the gun and all that, but generalises about online poker, dealing with matters such as bankroll management. Texas hold'em for Advanced Players by David Sklansky is a great book. Although it deals exclusively with Limit, many of the strategies involved will work just as well in no limit. Other than that just play, play, and play some more.

Re: Poker Books I'd recommend the following : Winning Low Limit Holdem by Lee Jones Small Stakes Holdem by Malmuth, Sklansky and Miller Lee Jones' book is more for the beginner, but then you can move onto SSH and you'll be better prepared. These are mainly for Limit but excellent books nonetheless. J.