Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL

ColU_FC

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL Nice try mate . 290 something isn't too bad isn't it ? Nevertheless , hope you had fun these few days here .:clap:clap:clap:clap Pity it isn't the christmas season yet , or you'll get to see very nice decorations in town . :ok

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL Unlucky Mate :clap:clap But knowing you and Linda you have made the most of the experience and had a great time out there:ok:ok btw since when has having cards ever bothered you Dave???????

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL ul dave still a great achievment getting out there in the 1st place :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL Me again, Betfair have kindly let me borrow their computer. I came 209th out of 313. It's the second day now, there are 35 left and of those 5 were on the table I was on for my 5.5 hours, so it looks like I was in pretty good company. I'm taking the opportunity to ask some of the players on my table where they thought my play was poor. It's only by understanding what you've done badly that you can improve. Better watch out at the next PL poker night with the expert advice I'm getting. ;) I didn't get particularly good cards. I can't remember hitting a single flop apart from the very first hand when I increased my chip stack from 10,000 to 10,050. :nana That was the only time I had more than 10,000 chips. From then on it was a steady slide from 10,000 to zero, with the occasional upward blip. I did feel outclassed, unsurprisingly, and have to admit I felt somewhat deflated when I finally went out. However, I reminded myself what a lucky bastid I've been this year, Dublin, Ibiza and Singapore, kicked myself up the arse, drank a couple of Tigers and felt much better. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the time here watching the poker. I've met some great people and hopefully I might of recruited a few more members for Punter's Lounge. That's it for now, I won't bother the Betfair people (of whom Estelle is by far the nicest, she's sat next to me and told me to say that) again. I'm grateful to them for letting me use their equipment - the charges in the hotel's business centre for computer use and internet access are exorbitant.

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL Tony G won the Main Event.

Betfair Asian Poker Tour Tony G wins BAPT Aussie motormouth Tony G takes down the Betfair Asian Poker Tour title, and gives half to charity
By PokerPlayer November 2006
Tony Guoga took control of the final table on day three of the Betfair Asian Poker Tour with a combination of sharp banter and aggressive play. He saw off challenges from top pro Lee Nelson, Swede and overnight chip leader Samuel Lehtonen, and local player Joshua Ang. He won $451,700 and will give half of it to Asian and Australian charities to be nominated by Betfair. Local player Joshua Ang managed to out last eight other players at the final table. He won $233,200 (US) in second place. The final hand was all-in after the flop. Joshua’s ace-jack failed to beat ten-six after Tony hit a ten on the flop. “His offer of a fifty per cent donation to charity is extraordinarily generous,” said Betfair’s Head of Poker Ben Fried. Guoga said, “I want people to know that poker is sport. This is not a large amount compared to what people like Bill Gates give to charity but it is a gesture to show that it’s not all about the money, it’s about the competition as well.” Tony also won a Merlion trophy as a symbol of Singapore which he promptly gave to Joshua so that the trophy would “stay in Singapore.” Ben Fried asked Joshua to bring the Lion back next year when Betfair will return for the Betfair Asian Poker Tour. Final table placings: 1. Tony Guoga, $451,700 2. Joshua (Ang Pang Leng), $233,200 3. Lee Nelson, $116,600 4. Samuel Lehtonen, $102,000 5. Jeff Kimber, $87,400 6. Mark Whent, $72,900 7. Hans Vogl, $58,306 8. Hendrik Dahlgaard, $43,700 9. Brendan Walls, $29,200 10. Neil Yong, $17,500

Guest gazza271

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL

My Dad got 29th in the main event :loon :loon
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy awesome !

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL Had a brief chat with him earlier and it seems he was on the same table as Col_U at the beginning - looks like it was a tough table - 5 of the original 10 on that table got in the money (Top 36) and 2 of them got onto the final table.....

Re: Singapore calling, Singapore calling, come in PL Singaporian dragon dance: singapore002ab9.jpg singapore003as4.jpg Christmas decorations on Orchard Road (the Singaporian equivalent to Oxford Street in London): singapore005li3.jpg singapore007tk5.jpg The Singapore river: singapore008od7.jpg singapore009gt7.jpg Chinatown: singapore010dk8.jpg singapore011jk0.jpg Some tall git that wandered in off the street; Dave Woods, editor of Poker Player magazine and Colchester-Kev, winner of the Poker Player II event. singapore012qm1.jpg A real pleasure meeting both Dave Woods and Shelley Rubenstein of Poker Player magazine for the first time. I've met Colchester-Kev once before, in Dublin last Easter. Top bloke (how could he be anything else coming from the best town in England). Indeed I could only find one rather strange flaw in his character, he thinks the Us are a joke, I tried to bring the poor lad back to the straight and narrow but alas it was to no avail.

Dave Woods asked me to write a short piece about my experiences in Singapore. Providing it survives to editor's red pen' date=' then the January 2007 issue of PokerPlayer will contain a discrete plug for PL.[/quote'] Nice one ColU :clap :clap :clap

• 5 weeks later...

Dave Woods asked me to write a short piece about my experiences in Singapore. Providing it survives the editor's red pen' date=' then the January 2007 issue of PokerPlayer will contain a discrete plug for PL.[/quote'] It didn't survive the red pen. I'm disappointed. :sad