Don't like this

slick mick

Re: Don't like this what do you mean ?? Poker forum is split into sections to make it more readable, and allow threads to stay on the fron page for longer to give them more time to develop. Shows how much the section has matured, good thing imo, when you look at 2+2 or pocket fives, they are strucutred in much the same way

Re: Don't like this Mick - The split really had become essential - Poker had outgrown itself ..... Can you imagine if the whole of Punters Lounge were one continuous thread and not divided into subject matter? The Poker split is just the natural progression of this and really was important to allow the Poker forum to continue developing.... The main reasoning was that discussion on Poker Strategy just wasn't happening because the threads were disappearing off of the page too quickly - if we want to improve (I know I do!!) then this should give more focus to Poker Strategy (if that's what you want) and provide more "food for thought"......... The "poker Tourneys" threads have a far shorter "shelf life" than the "Poker Strategy" threads ........ this helps....... Agree it's strange, but we will get used to it and it should be better when we do.....

Re: Don't like this

I was fine with the separate threads at the top of the page' date=' made a lot of sense, but now I have to navigate to four different forums from one link.[/quote'] Not rocket science though is it? It does take a bit of getting used to but as I'm now dotting about all over the lounge these days (that's what happens when your posts get moved-end up in places you'd never normally go) I'm quite used to it. Broaden your horizons :ok

Re: Don't like this I suppose you can't please everyone. I think the vast majority have found it a good change, I know the poker mods and others discussed it at great length (you would never believe just how great:lol ) down to the finest detail to make sure as many people as possible were happy. It had become unmanageable to the point where it was detrimental to the running of the poker section so something had to change. You'll get used to it eventually:)

Re: Don't like this

I thought it was fine when we had all the links at the top of the page. If we can have seven football links up there why not four poker links?
What you have to remember is that the poker section grew out of and is still part of a wider gambling forum. Moves are obiously being made to change the structure and layout of the forum to accomodate the growth in poker and I'm sure the mods will welcome any constructive criticism.