Focus Game Selection

The Quiet Man

Re: **Poker Tuesday 31st October**

Anyone else feel that the Focus game each night should be the one with the most entrants from Punterslounge?
Hear what you're saying mate - and have seriously considered it previously, however the main reasons I decided against it were: 1) Variety - If it were the popular choice - it would be the same games week after week and there would never be any variety - focus games would be the SO Champions League 3 nights a week - and mostly freerolls other nights......... My aim is not to have the maximum numbers every night, but aiming for a spread of games that will appeal to the widest range of PL'rs over a month..... 2) The PL Package - being able to offer sites "core site" status for this , with the promise of directing "buy in" traffic to them is a part of the package PL can offer and helps towards getting the value added games we get. Are your reservations a response to a specific choice of focus game? or just a general feeling? It would help if you could give specific examples of where you feel the focus game choice should have been different. (Are you talking tonight? That you would like to see a choice other than the Hendon Mob game? My view is that the Hendon Mob game makes a great focus game :ok) Moving your comment and this reply to Poker Chat, with it's own thread - happy to receive others thoughts on focus game selection :ok

Re: Focus Game Selection I think the main problem with going with the game that has the most votes would be how early the votes would have to be in. Unless we could all get in the habit of voting a day early (and I'm guessing we aren't doing so now?) we wouldn't know what the focus game was until the last minute. On days when games are at different times of the day it wouldn't be workable unless the poll closed the day before. Sometimes there are a few games in a row which I wouldn't play, but over the course of the month I think the selections are varied enough for most people to find sufficient to play in. As long as the regular games are reviewed to make sure they are still value and that something new and better hasn't appeared, I'm happy. :D