Ante Post bets - updated for Jumps 07/08

Re: Ante Post bets For Exotic Dancer backers (from sporting life) ------------------------------------------------------ Exotic Dancer is likely to build on his totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup second in the Betfair Bowl at Aintree's feature meeting next month. The Jonjo O'Neill-trained seven-year-old is unlikely to take up his engagement in the John Smith's Grand National, however, after his meritorious performance behind Kauto Star. Owned by Sir Robert Ogden, Exotic Dancer has scored three times at Cheltenham this season and twice chased home Kauto Star - including when second in the King George VI Chase. O'Neill said: "He seems to be grand this morning so I am happy. "He's had a great season and he might go to Liverpool now for the Betfair Bowl, but I would say it is unlikely he will go for the Grand National." Aintree is also under consideration for O'Neill's Ladbrokes World Hurdle casualty Black Jack Ketchum, while Brit Insurance winner Wichita Lineman is pencilled in for the three-mile novice event there next month.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post bets

hi there guys was thinking of backing liberthine e/way for the 2007 grand national.Can any1 on here tell me the best price and where? many thanks karl ps any thoughts on its chances greatly appreciated :ok
25/1 @ Coral, Ladbrokes & Skybet

hi there guys was thinking of backing liberthine e/way for the 2007 grand national.Can any1 on here tell me the best price and where? many thanks karl ps any thoughts on its chances greatly appreciated :ok
ever since the weights came out, this is the horse for me. I think the rider is unbeaten in three rides over this course, amazing fact. Been given great preparation and is a good jumper. Irish National winners seem to have amazing record in this race, and POINT BARROW is the other one I like at 14/1 currently. Horses near the top of the betting seem to always win this race and last few years if you back the top 5 in the betting blindly you would have came out with a nice profit. 2201 & 2002 had big price winners but apart from that winners have been very well fancied.

• 1 month later...

Re: Ante Post bets Arch Swing looks way too big at 16-1 with Sky Bet for the 1000 Guineas on sunday. Unbeaten, two Group 3 wins, decent trainer and reported to need firm ground. Picked out as one to keep an eye on in the stable tours. Might open a Sky Bet account to get on, do you get a free bet for a new account?

Arch Swing looks way too big at 16-1 with Sky Bet for the 1000 Guineas on sunday. Unbeaten, two Group 3 wins, decent trainer and reported to need firm ground. Picked out as one to keep an eye on in the stable tours. Might open a Sky Bet account to get on, do you get a free bet for a new account?
Good luck, Phil. I agree that 16/1 is overpriced, but I would just have to doubt whether it will stay the mile trip. Hope it wins for you:ok

Re: Ante Post bets Well done, Phil, 2nd @ 16/1:clap Onto Chester and my fancy for the Chester Cup on Wednesday is NORDWIND. Walter Swinburn has his string in good form, and young Adam Kirby is a promising young jockey. Raced mainly over 1m4f but looks sure to be suited by this 2m2f trip judged on last term 2nd when stepped up in distance. Had a pipe opener at Epsom recently to put it spot on and, at 25/1 with Stan James, is well worth an EW interest.

Re: Ante Post bets Good Luck with your bet Russ, I'll look into the race more thoroughly on the day. Just noticed one of mine to follow is due to run in the same race:

SportHorse Racing
EventChester Cup
SelectionGalient (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date09/05/2007
Bookmaker/PriceVC Bet @ 7.00 (Back)
ReasoningAlso going non runner no bet, as are most bookies. Out of Galileo, has smart middle distance pedigree, lots of potential and likely to improve this season after being gelded. Has managed to get 2nd place in a Group 3 race on good to firm ground and was staying on that day behind Soapy Danger. Not good enough in the Leger, finising last but comeback run on all weather in a class 2 contest will have been needed and should easily be good enough for a class 2 handicap over 2m2f. Trainer won this race previosuly 2 years running and the horse was noted as one to follow after it's Chester win. Course form is a plus.

Re: Ante Post bets Chester Cup - Admiral Admiral won this last year from stall 1 when making all. Has managed to get another low draw in stall 4 this year and only 2lbs higher now from last years win could make a bold bid to pop out and make all again. It's crazy how the draw can be so important even around 2 miles 2 furlongs at Chester but it takes a very good jockey to be able to win round here on this very sharpe track. Have also gone through all the stats and trends for this race for the past 10 years and yes Admiral fits most of the criteria. Bookies are going 4 places and at 10/1 looks a solid each way bet.

Re: Ante Post bets Ascot Gold Cup - 21/06/07 YEATS @ 6/4 Betfred 6/4 to turn up in my opinion!! So dominant of this long distance last year in both this race and at Goodwood, both times he won quite easily. The 2nd/3rd/4th in last years Gold Cup are not entered in this renewal and Sergeant Cecil who was well beaten in 5th is currently the 2nd fav for this years Gold Cup and he looks to be a place chance at best, I can't see him winning & there doesnt seem to be any improvers among the staying ranks.

Re: Ante Post bets Just lumped some cash on Authorized for the Derby. Very impressed with it in the Dante and can't see any of the others beating it. Reports were that Salford Mill didn't work well and that's one of the main dangers. The others that looked a danger were Teofilo and Mount Nelson and they won't run. Authorized cruised up on the bridle 2f out when the others were hard pushed and it just kicked clear in style. I was considering backing it before the York race but wanted to know if it was the real deal. I think it is and Frankie is going to ride his 1st ever Derby winner. :ok

Re: Ante Post bets I'm not sure of the form of what Authorised beat at York. I know he looked good but all his form has been on softer ground. If it was to be on fast side of good will he act on a course which takes no prisoners? My early fancy was Aqaleem.

O GB / Epsom 2nd Jun / The Derby AqaleemBack3051771691 22-Mar-07 11:26 1407.00 14022-Mar-07 11:26 spacer.gif
When he met Authorised last season he beat him. Okay Authorised went on to win the Racing Post but Aqaleem was put away only returning in Lingfield Derby Trial , winning well, proving he acts on a course requiring similar qualities as Epsom and that he stays well. There should be improvement to come considering stable had coughing recently. Archipenko must be in with a big shout after winning a trial race that has been very informative over past few seasons. Looking like he would improve for the race would be interesting if turning up. I think it's an open looking Derby . But its all about opinions :ok RUK TV are offering new suscribers a years free subcription if Dettori wins this years Derby. Do they know something or are they a bit twitchy now ? :eek

Sport Horse Racing
Event Vodafone Derby
Selection Authorized
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 2.55 (Back)
Reasoning Taking the 2.55 @ BetDaq and over 1300E available for it. Authorized won in style last week and I expect the same thing to happen on 2nd June. I think now's the time for Frankie to win the Derby. Unfortunately I missed the better prices from a week ago, but no matteer the price I think this is a banker material and should win easily. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Sport Horse Racing
Event Vodafone Derby
Selection Authorized
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2007
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 2.55 (Back)
Reasoning Taking the 2.55 @ BetDaq and over 1300E available for it. Authorized won in style last week and I expect the same thing to happen on 2nd June. I think now's the time for Frankie to win the Derby. Unfortunately I missed the better prices from a week ago' date=' but no matteer the price I think this is a banker material and should win easily. Good luck!
:nana How much did you get that day Phill? 7/4?

Glad for you, mate :ok Price drifted to 2.55 minutes before the race on Betfair :eek Can you believe that? ;)
Race was over 3 furlongs out. Only problem now is whenever it lines up for it's next race it will be long odds on. Was surprised it went odds against rather than odds on.

Race was over 3 furlongs out. Only problem now is whenever it lines up for it's next race it will be long odds on. Was surprised it went odds against rather than odds on.
Then we'll be taking the "over 3 lengths" bet I guess :)

Re: Ante Post bets Just had a fiver on Colorado Rapid for the St James Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot @ 100.00 on Betfair. I had lost faith after its run at Ripon but it quickened really well at Pontefract last time out and Darley gave it a very confident ride. It had loads left to do and answered all the questions asked. Johnstone is a decent trainer and that is a big price.

Ascot Gold Cup - 21/06/07 YEATS @ 6/4 Betfred 6/4 to turn up in my opinion!! So dominant of this long distance last year in both this race and at Goodwood, both times he won quite easily. The 2nd/3rd/4th in last years Gold Cup are not entered in this renewal and Sergeant Cecil who was well beaten in 5th is currently the 2nd fav for this years Gold Cup and he looks to be a place chance at best, I can't see him winning & there doesnt seem to be any improvers among the staying ranks.
now its only 4/5 best price!!! com'on horse :hope

Re: Ante Post bets hoping for fast ground at the Ascot next week Kings stand stakes Dandyman - this horse loves fast ground & draw will be all important, but should go close. 7/1 Royal Hunt Cup Plum Pudding - loves Newmarket, but should like the straight mile here also. 14th in the Brittannia last year but then ran Smart Enough to 1.75L on next appearance. ran a shocker at Epsom but didnt like the course there. 33/1 Pride of Nation - will be laid out for this race after its eye catching 3rd at york. 8/1 Wokingham Indian trail - was clearly the unlucky horse on derby day in the Vodafone 6f race. tried to inch up the rail but gap closed, still finished on the bridle ahead of others! 16/1 all prices with Ladbrokes. EW on all plus doubles & trebles.