Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky?

GaF

Here's the hand history from my last 3 hands in tonights $ Challenge. 2 out of my last 3 hands I had the nuts pre flop - and managed to get all of the money in pre flop but got outdrawn ...... Could/Should I have played it differently? How could I have increased my chances? I could have slow played it, but more opponents means increasing the chances of being outdrawn.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hand #446692509 at table: $1 Challenge Started: Wed Oct 25 21:19:04 2006 FCHull is at seat 1 with 880.00 Telepe is at seat 2 with 3885.00 PL De Wolf is at seat 3 with 3050.00 Red_Fear is at seat 4 with 2650.00 Higgs23pl is at seat 5 with 2640.00 teaulc is at seat 6 with 4080.00 the croc p is at seat 7 with 4440.00 zedsaid is at seat 8 with 5465.00 rtb147 is at seat 9 with 2670.00 McGoatski is at seat 10 with 300.00 Telepe posts the large blind 200.00 FCHull posts the small blind 100.00 FCHull: --, -- Telepe: 7c, 2h PL De Wolf: --, -- Red_Fear: --, -- Higgs23pl: --, -- teaulc: --, -- the croc p: --, -- zedsaid: --, -- rtb147: --, -- McGoatski: --, -- Pre-flop: PL De Wolf: Fold Red_Fear: Fold Higgs23pl: Fold teaulc: Fold the croc p: Fold zedsaid: Fold rtb147: Raise 600.00 McGoatski: Fold FCHull: Call 600.00 Telepe: All in rtb147: All in FCHull: All in Showdown: FCHull shows: 5s, Ac (high card, Ace) rtb147 shows: Qh, Ks (high card, King) Flop (Board: 10s, 4h, 6s): Turn (Board: 10s, 4h, 6s, Jh): River (Board: 10s, 4h, 6s, Jh, 9h): rtb147 shows: Qh, Ks (straight to the King) Sidepot 2: rtb147 wins the pot of 3380 with straight to the King Mainpot: rtb147 wins the pot of 2940 with straight to the King (0.00 rake were taken for this hand) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hand #446694628 at table: $1 Challenge Started: Wed Oct 25 21:21:23 2006 Telepe is at seat 2 with 1315.00 PL De Wolf is at seat 3 with 2850.00 Red_Fear is at seat 4 with 2650.00 Higgs23pl is at seat 5 with 2640.00 teaulc is at seat 6 with 4080.00 the croc p is at seat 7 with 4440.00 zedsaid is at seat 8 with 5465.00 rtb147 is at seat 9 with 6320.00 McGoatski is at seat 10 with 300.00 PL De Wolf posts the large blind 200.00 Telepe posts the small blind 100.00 Telepe: 10h, 6c PL De Wolf: --, -- Red_Fear: --, -- Higgs23pl: --, -- teaulc: --, -- the croc p: --, -- zedsaid: --, -- rtb147: --, -- McGoatski: --, -- Pre-flop: Red_Fear: Fold Higgs23pl: Fold teaulc: Fold the croc p: Fold zedsaid: Fold rtb147: Fold McGoatski: Fold Telepe: Fold -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hand #446695351 at table: $1 Challenge Started: Wed Oct 25 21:22:06 2006 Telepe is at seat 2 with 1315.00 PL De Wolf is at seat 3 with 3000.00 Red_Fear is at seat 4 with 2350.00 Higgs23pl is at seat 5 with 2640.00 teaulc is at seat 6 with 4080.00 the croc p is at seat 7 with 4440.00 zedsaid is at seat 8 with 5465.00 rtb147 is at seat 9 with 6320.00 McGoatski is at seat 10 with 300.00 Red_Fear posts the large blind 300.00 PL De Wolf posts the small blind 150.00 PL De Wolf: --, -- Red_Fear: --, -- Higgs23pl: --, -- teaulc: --, -- the croc p: --, -- zedsaid: --, -- rtb147: --, -- McGoatski: --, -- Telepe: 2c, 7s Pre-flop: Higgs23pl: Fold teaulc: Fold the croc p: Fold zedsaid: Fold rtb147: Fold McGoatski: Fold Telepe: All in PL De Wolf: Fold Red_Fear: Call 1315.00 Showdown: Red_Fear shows: 8d, As (high card, Ace) Flop (Board: Jc, 6c, 2d): Turn (Board: Jc, 6c, 2d, 8s): River (Board: Jc, 6c, 2d, 8s, 5c): Red_Fear shows: 8d, As (a pair of Eights) Mainpot: Red_Fear wins the pot of 2780 with a pair of Eights (0.00 rake were taken for this hand)

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? I can't see how you could have played them any different just one of them things when wombles call your ALL IN with marginal hands shrug and move on matey Damo

Here's the hand history from my last 3 hands in tonights $ Challenge. 2 out of my last 3 hands I had the nuts pre flop - and managed to get all of the money in pre flop but got outdrawn ...... Could/Should I have played it differently? How could I have increased my chances? I could have slow played it, but more opponents means increasing the chances of being outdrawn.....

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky?

I can't see how you could have played them any different just one of them things when wombles call your ALL IN with marginal hands shrug and move on matey Damo
But it's just so annoying - and they always seem to hit against me!!! I mean KQo and A8o? What were they thinking? AND they were PL'rs!!!

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? I can only assume they thought they were pot committed which is why they called :eyes Damo

But it's just so annoying - and they always seem to hit against me!!! I mean KQo and A8o? What were they thinking? AND they were PL'rs!!!

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky?

I think this thread should be re-named... 'How to Commit Poker Suicide in the Style of a Hungarian Librarian.' :)
I didn't know PR was Hungarian? He's still in though - and with an above average stack - just no justice

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? Gaf all 3 hands played perfect only thing i can see that may have let u down, but not totally your fault as u were prolly in shock from the 1st badbeat was that your 2nd 72os were both black cards(poor dealer)! how the 1st one got beat is a mystery, have u maybe withdrawn from SO recently??

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? Just no respect for your raises whatsoever and then to hit that kind of luck, it's just not good for the heart. Take two weeks out of the game and come back refreshed, normally does the trick, you may start seeing things more positively. Bad luck again, danny

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? I see the PLers who disgracefully called you haven't dared to show their face and explain their actions. Its very brave of you to expose these so called players. :clap :clap :clap Shame on you rtb147 and Red_Fear. :spank :spank :spank :spank

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? Nothing wrong with the first - that player rtb usually raises with any 2 so you had good reason to think he was bluffing and were just unlucky he hit. I think if you'd gone all-in with the second hand you could probably have stolen the blind though. And if there had been another card to come in the last hand you might have made your straight, so unlucky there. Did you think it was HORSE? Never mind, you will be a winning player in the long run if you play like that.

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? I don't see how you could have got away from either hand even if you had slow played them. To be honest, there's only one way I can think of that you might have survived such a run of bad luck. When players go all-in pre-flop three hands in a row, they almost always have a premium hand the third time. So if you'd gone all in with your 106o on the second hand as well, maybe your opponents would have had more respect for your bet on the third hand.

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? I hear what you're saying mate - but at the end of the day I was in a great position and just wasn't prepared to "gamble" my tournament on a carp hand like T6o!!! What if someone had called me? I'd have been in trouble!! Justs sounds like a reckless gasmble to me. I had a decent stack and so plenty of time - no need to waste my chips on non premium hands.....

Re: Could I have played this better or was I just unlucky? Agreed. I'm not saying you should have played it that way. After all, you probably want a call on the third hand: looks like the perfect opportunity to double up again after your dreadful luck on the first hand. It's just that if you had, then you might have survived. Sometimes ridiculous loose play pays off in the strangest ways.