Nhl Thursday 19/10

Thursday nhl plays Selection 1: NHL OT Incl Hockey Washington Capitals 19-October-2006 4:05 PM PST Money Line for Game +198 Selection 2: NHL OT Incl Hockey Los Angeles Kings 19-October-2006 7:05 PM PST Money Line for Game +135 Selection 3: NHL OT Incl Hockey Detroit Red Wings 19-October-2006 7:35 PM PST Money Line for Game +135 RickJ http://rickjshandicappingpicks.blogspot.com/ Record to date: mlb Sides: 16- 12 +7.05 o/u 3-8-1 -5.09 ncaafb Sides 13-13-1 -.04 o/u 2-4 -2.22 nfl Sides 6-2-1 +3.98 o/u 2-2 - .16 nhl sides 9-5 +4.36 Total 100 Bets 8.03 units +8.03% Return

Re: Nhl Thursday 19/10 Atlanta Trashers - Washington Capitals

Average odds1.844.223.02
------------------------------------- Atlanta has started of pretty good at home, only loses were very slightly lost: First game of the season against Tampa 2-3 OT and than 3-4 against last years stanley cup champions Carolina (winning goal was made at 59.59 played). Their last game was on road against Washington so obviously we can draw some conlusions from that, the game ended 3-4OT. When looking at the tables it seems like a very tight game with only two pp goals,one for each team, and that it apparently was. I. Kovalchuk was the one to make it 3-4 in overtime and man was it an important goal for him and therefore for his team. Kovalchuk has been the leading NHL scorer since the start of 02-03 season so it was really important to get that monkey out of his back cuz he was taking lots of pressure from this not-scoring period of his and ofcourse when a guy like this doesn't score, the whole team suffers alot. Now I think that he is going to be in great condition, scoring goals like he used to be and playing with much more confidence. As he said himself ¨It was bad luck or something¨. Washington on the other hand has played one game between the meetings with Atlanta and it was yeasterday on home ice against Florida Panthers. Well, the game was 5-1 to Capitals after 1st period and almost a wrap, ended 5-2. The thing is, Washington wasn't the one controlling the game but just the opposite. Panthers roughly outshot them but wasn't able to recover from their 1st period black moment: the reason why Washington was able to score those goals was Panther's defense. There were even situations like 2vs0 for Caps which is ofcourse ridicilous. All in all, lots of empty net giveaway goals by Florida's defense, they were trying to shot the puck away from their end and oops Caps players stick was in a right place at the right time :lol My point is in all of this that Washington hasn't improved at all, it was all Florida's stupidy that made Caps the winner. Now facing a team with tough defense (wouldn't believe it) and one of the best short handed units so far combined with awesome attacking power which is about to find new dimensions with I. Kovalchuk back on track. Washington is going to have a hard time opposing the Trashers on road cuz afterall Caps aren't that good of a away team (lost to NY and Minnesota) and they are trailing in most areas of the gameplay: Atlanta has a superior goaltender compared to Caps's, Atlanta's special units are better than Washingtons and Trasher's material is much wider than Caps's. Atlanta (-1.5) @2.27 10/10 from Betsafe Also tailing the Flames, good luck everyone :ok

Re: Nhl Thursday 19/10

Atlanta Trashers - Washington Capitals
Average odds1.844.223.02
------------------------------------- Atlanta has started of pretty good at home, only loses were very slightly lost: First game of the season against Tampa 2-3 OT and than 3-4 against last years stanley cup champions Carolina (winning goal was made at 59.59 played). Their last game was on road against Washington so obviously we can draw some conlusions from that, the game ended 3-4OT. When looking at the tables it seems like a very tight game with only two pp goals,one for each team, and that it apparently was. I. Kovalchuk was the one to make it 3-4 in overtime and man was it an important goal for him and therefore for his team. Kovalchuk has been the leading NHL scorer since the start of 02-03 season so it was really important to get that monkey out of his back cuz he was taking lots of pressure from this not-scoring period of his and ofcourse when a guy like this doesn't score, the whole team suffers alot. Now I think that he is going to be in great condition, scoring goals like he used to be and playing with much more confidence. As he said himself ¨It was bad luck or something¨. Washington on the other hand has played one game between the meetings with Atlanta and it was yeasterday on home ice against Florida Panthers. Well, the game was 5-1 to Capitals after 1st period and almost a wrap, ended 5-2. The thing is, Washington wasn't the one controlling the game but just the opposite. Panthers roughly outshot them but wasn't able to recover from their 1st period black moment: the reason why Washington was able to score those goals was Panther's defense. There were even situations like 2vs0 for Caps which is ofcourse ridicilous. All in all, lots of empty net giveaway goals by Florida's defense, they were trying to shot the puck away from their end and oops Caps players stick was in a right place at the right time :lol My point is in all of this that Washington hasn't improved at all, it was all Florida's stupidy that made Caps the winner. Now facing a team with tough defense (wouldn't believe it) and one of the best short handed units so far combined with awesome attacking power which is about to find new dimensions with I. Kovalchuk back on track. Washington is going to have a hard time opposing the Trashers on road cuz afterall Caps aren't that good of a away team (lost to NY and Minnesota) and they are trailing in most areas of the gameplay: Atlanta has a superior goaltender compared to Caps's, Atlanta's special units are better than Washingtons and Trasher's material is much wider than Caps's. Atlanta (-1.5) @2.27 10/10 from Betsafe Also tailing the Flames, good luck everyone :ok
Would you suggest a double or should I stick to singles? I'm not keen on the handicap result as really need to try and get back to winning ways.

Great write-up Finlandiafish. Also looked at the Trashers earlier today and with your views to back it up it just feels better.. Atlanta for me aswell. GL :hope
Are you going with the handicap? I'm considering doing a double with Atlanta -1.5 and Calgary. I'm needing to try and push my bank back up and this looks like it could be a good way?

Re: Nhl Thursday 19/10 I have 5 (!!!) picks for tonight (maybe getting too corageous after all the winnings of today:tongue2 ): Detroit @ San Jose, San Jose to win 1.68(ml) and under 5.5 goals 2.1@betfair. As I have nagged for a long time, Detroits goalkeeping isn't good and that will cost them especially in their away games when the home teams will put lots of pressure on either Osgood/Hasek. SJ's goaltending have been excellent so far as their defensive, so I think that detroit will have a hard time finding the net.. So a win by 1-3 or 1-4 I think is reasonable. Pittsburgh @ NY Islanders, Pittsburgh to win 2.26@betfair(ml). Great odds here for the Pittsburgh win. They have gotten Malkin now and he scored in his first game, so I expect Pittsburgh to get going good. NYI is moving in the opposite direction and they will have a hard time.. So this is a really good bet IMO.. Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay to win 1.85@betfair(ml). Philly is going trough a rough time.. Their defense is really bad, so I think that the offense of TB will be too much for Philly in this game also. Their only hope is that if Niittymäki produces a miracle in goal and stops everything, but that's not likely because of the poor defense... Los Angeles @ Phoenix, Phoenix to win 1.72@betfair(ml). Phoenix should win this game against a struggling LA. If Phoenix want to get to the playoffs they really have to start to win against weaker opponents eseocially at home. So if Cujo gets even a decent game in goal, Phoenix will take this one... GL all:hope

Re: Nhl Thursday 19/10 @Happygooner - I really wouldn't suggest you to try raising your bank account back up with NHL because it's really unpredictable. Just look at the tables and you can see that pretty much every team can beat each other on a good day. If you are still eager to try this thing, don't go for a double with AW and HW(-1.5) no matter how good picks they should be, too risky bisness if you ask me. And I've been there, putting large sums of money to NHL *sure* bets to gain back my lost money, believe won't work in a long run thou you can alway get lucky :) Nice write-ups Willie, agree on everyting else but San Jose and Phoenix. Wouldn't touch the Sharks with those odds cuz Detroit isn't that bad of a team, great value on the visitors. Phoenix on the other hand hasn't done so well and LA has improved abit, mainly concerned about Coyotes's defense/goaltending that can break really easily at times. Still I'm going to let these games be so best of luck to you :hope EDIT: And about that Ottawa play... Ottawa's odds are maybe the biggest rubbish you can find today in NHL, that's all there is to it :)

@Happygooner - I really wouldn't suggest you to try raising your bank account back up with NHL because it's really unpredictable. Just look at the tables and you can see that pretty much every team can beat each other on a good day. If you are still eager to try this thing, don't go for a double with AW and HW(-1.5) no matter how good picks they should be, too risky bisness if you ask me. And I've been there, putting large sums of money to NHL *sure* bets to gain back my lost money, believe won't work in a long run thou you can alway get lucky :) Nice write-ups Willie, agree on everyting else but San Jose and Phoenix. Wouldn't touch the Sharks with those odds cuz Detroit isn't that bad of a team, great value on the visitors. Phoenix on the other hand hasn't done so well and LA has improved abit, mainly concerned about Coyotes's defense/goaltending that can break really easily at times. Still I'm going to let these games be so best of luck to you :hope EDIT: And about that Ottawa play... Ottawa's odds are maybe the biggest rubbish you can find today in NHL, that's all there is to it :)
Nah I'm not doing anything too risky I assure you. Just that I started with a stake of £10.00 which briefly went up to £45.00 and is now £35.00 due to some inconsistent results. The way I see it as that I'm ahead of schedule so to speak anyway so if I bet £5.00 and it wins....great....I'm back in business. And if not, well then I'm still up £20.00 and it's time to reavaluate my bets.

Poor start for the flames! 2-0 down' date=' 5 mins in the first left, hmm, need improvement![/quote'] Yup, didn't really see that coming right after 1st period down by two goals and the game looks to be pretty much even otherwise but Boston has two penalties and Calgary has none. Maybe this is a big heads up cuz afterall Kipper let 5 goals (each) in last two matches... maybe he is rusty but other than that can't see Boston being so much better here (even thou it's their first home game) cuz Flames's offense has been pretty sharp. And don't forget that Boston just lost their two previous games to piss poor opponents (St.Louis and NY Islanders) :lol Wouldn't be surprised if Flames rally over Boston in last two periods.

Re: Nhl Thursday 19/10 Well now, this is getting pretty damn ridicilous. Seems like every pick I put in here is doomed to lose :eyes Dunno is it so, but sure feels lot like it cuz during my stay here now (about a week or so) my (gaming)bankroll has increased about 4.5x but almost every pick here has gone wrong. Now at the second intermission at Atlanta. The Trashers alrdy had 2-0 lead but than Lehtonen decided that lets not make it too easy and gave Washington a present, he even wrapped it self,: a goal. Even my grandma would have stopped that shot from 0-angle :lol From that Washington made it to tie 2-2 and right from next attack Atlanta's defense gets messier than my trashcan and oooooOps, suddenly the game is 2-3. Just frigin awesome wouldn't you say :nana From Boston.. The Flames were looking like they should've, scored one and were going to intermission from okey 2-1 position but nay, they let the Bruins score a third goal 35 seconds before intermission. Looks like I was right on something as Colorado is leading 2-0 vs Ottawa and the second period is about to end (said earlier that Ottawa's odds were THE rubbish of this NHL night). Doesn't really comfort as I didn't put o penny on x2 :rollin

Re: Nhl Thursday 19/10 Atlanta 4-3 Washington Marion Hossa made the game a tie about 30 seconds left to go for 3rd period and than he finished the Caps of in shootout. I must say that I'm really dissapointed in Trasher's performance after seeing this game, mostly of the game they were like almost like walking in there compared to Washingtons speed. Other than that they had a great chance to tie the game at 10mins+ something in third period as they had 5vs3 pp for about 40seconds and than a few moments later again 5vs3 for 18 seconds or so but they weren't able to do anything, they looked like a punch of simple people just moving the puck to each other. I think there was only two shots made, one went wide and the other hit their own player :lol Overall the game could have been very different if Lehtonen hadn't make that stupid move in second period cuz that was the thing that got the Caps fired up so blame on Lehtonen :spank Brightest spots in Atlanta were Hossa and Ovechkin, other player looked like they weren't even givin a shit about the outcome compared to these two. Man do I hate to see Ovechkin go when I haven't punted on his team, always making his not-so-good team make brilliant when he is on ice :clap

I have 5 (!!!) picks for tonight (maybe getting too corageous after all the winnings of today:tongue2 ): Detroit @ San Jose, San Jose to win 1.68(ml) and under 5.5 goals 2.1@betfair. As I have nagged for a long time, Detroits goalkeeping isn't good and that will cost them especially in their away games when the home teams will put lots of pressure on either Osgood/Hasek. SJ's goaltending have been excellent so far as their defensive, so I think that detroit will have a hard time finding the net.. So a win by 1-3 or 1-4 I think is reasonable. Pittsburgh @ NY Islanders, Pittsburgh to win 2.26@betfair(ml). Great odds here for the Pittsburgh win. They have gotten Malkin now and he scored in his first game, so I expect Pittsburgh to get going good. NYI is moving in the opposite direction and they will have a hard time.. So this is a really good bet IMO.. Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay to win 1.85@betfair(ml). Philly is going trough a rough time.. Their defense is really bad, so I think that the offense of TB will be too much for Philly in this game also. Their only hope is that if Niittymäki produces a miracle in goal and stops everything, but that's not likely because of the poor defense... Los Angeles @ Phoenix, Phoenix to win 1.72@betfair(ml). Phoenix should win this game against a struggling LA. If Phoenix want to get to the playoffs they really have to start to win against weaker opponents eseocially at home. So if Cujo gets even a decent game in goal, Phoenix will take this one... GL all:hope
Argh, San Jose had to win with 5-1 :cry Why not just 4-1... Well, 3 out of 5 isn't that bad. You were right on the Phoenix game, finlandiafish but SJ owned Detroit who are lacking in the goalie department... Malkin and Crosby looks really dangerous for Pittsburgh. Forsberg got injured in the Philly game and will be out for a week or more, so plays against Philly is in order..

I think i'm gonna leave the NHL until teams finds a bit of consistancy further into the season' date=' seems like a lottery picking a team to win at the moment![/quote'] It's always like this in the NHL.. Any team can win on a good day so it all just comes down to doing your homework and when the season ends you should have gone plus. So don't lose faith ;) I will keep on punting til the bitter end! :rollin