Rugby League - Federation Shield

As well as the Tri-nations about to start, there is also the Federation Shield. I think there is also an international between Wales and Scotland which will be interesting and also Ireland are involved somewhere (not sure if it's different to this competition though............ I'll have to read the League Express tonight when I get in!) Anyway, I'll post thoughts later but here is the first round of games

Sunday 22 October 2006
Home Away Hcap Tie
Tonga v Samoa (15:45 BST) -4+4 -4 Related markets...HandicapMatch ResultHandicap
England v France (17:45 BST) -16+16 -16 Related markets...HandicapMatch ResultHandicap
I like the look of France to be honest, I think the games are at Headingley, but I'll find out more tonight :dude

Re: Rugby League - Federation Shield There doesn't seem to be much interest in this :lol Anyway Im going to Headingley this afternoon to watch both games. A tenner in to see both games is a bargain :ok I'm not touching the Samoa vs Tonga game, I know eff all about them :lol The England vs France game should be interesting though. More bookies hae put lines out now and I'm really tempted to back the french with +20 with Will Hill. Teams are; England: L Smith (Leeds Rhinos); M Calderwood (Wigan Warriors), R Whiting (Hull FC), A Gibson (Leeds Rhinos), D Williams (Leeds Rhinos); R Purdham © (Harlequins), J Rooney (Wakefield); E Crabtree (Huddersfield Giants), M Diskin (Leeds Rhinos), E Dowes (Hull FC), J Jones Buchanan (Leeds Rhinos), L Radford (Hull FC), B Ferres (Bradford Bulls). Replacements: C Ashton (Wigan Warriors), N Scruton (Leeds Rhinos), M Cook (Bradford Bulls), R Bailey (Leeds Rhinos). France: R Guigue (Catalan Dragons), F Zitter (Catalan Dragons), D Couturier (Hull), T Saddaoui (Catalan Dragons), O Charles (Villeneuve), J Wynnes (Toulouse), J Rinaldi (Catalan Dragons), G Mounis (Catalan Dragons), A Cologni (Catalan Dragons), O Elima (Wildcats), J Guisset (Catalan Dragons, cap.), D Berthezene (Catalan Dragons), A Fellous (Catalan Dragon). Replacements: J Fakir (Catalan Dragons), S Raguin (UTC), J-C Borlin (Saint-Gaudens), M Greseque (Pia), M Griffi (UTC). Last season England were victors by 22-12. With many of the Frnch having had a year in Super League I think this will only make them stronger. They must be pretty strong if Fakir is on the bench. The french will be physical, it's currently bright and windy in West Yorkshire so I'm backing the French. 4 ex Featherstone Rovers players playing aswell today in Jamie Rooney, Richard Whiting, Freddie Zitter and Maxime Greseque :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.