Courses for Horses?

Now been thinking (bear with me) . . . I really fancied Tee-Jay at Wetherby today. Everything looked in its favour. APART from the fact thet hexham seems to beis favourite course (5 from 8 wins there) and doesnt really act anywhere else. I've been put off by facts like this in the past but i backed this one, only for it to finish second. Do horses really have a preference for a particular course? Surely it's all random and just a coincidence if it does indeed rattle up a few victories at a particualr track? Afterall, how many thousands of horses have 'normal' form with victories/it's best runs all over the country and no pattern regarding a particular course. It's not like the horse knows where it's going; "on no, not the bloody A1 at leeds again - i hate it at wetherby" or "bloody hell, i hate the tress round here". Whilst the time spent in a horse is likely to have an influence on the well being of the horse, i can't see that theres any correlation whatsoever, why for example Teejay loves Hexham which is 70 miles from home, and doesnt like Wetherby, which is 40 from the stable. Anyone any views on this?

Re: Courses for Horses? perhaps they do understand a bit of familiarity with the parade ring, stable boxes etc also, it is the course characteristics that help, there are so many horses that will hate cheltenham because its undulating track. Much the same as Brighton & Goodwood on the flat & chester with its tight turns. Always worth considering multiple course winners IMO. You may find the trainer runs the course there more often so although it may have 3 course wins, that may be from 15 starts?