** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

4.10 wolves

1m ½ furlong standard

Areyoutalkingtome Areyoutalkingtome is a 3year old colt that has 3 lengths to find with kilworth at newmarket about a year ago in a group 2 race for 2 year olds. This colt is clearly quite well regarded but doesn’t seem to do the business he was entered in all the classics but just hasn’t done what he was considered of doing. Charlie cyzer has given martin dwyer the job today for the first time of trying to get something out of this animal but I would be surprised even if the dwyer magic could get this one up. Has quite a bit to find with some of the older horses in my opinion and hasn’t beaten much at all. Frankie has rode this and was unable to get too much out of it. Rated 113 by timeform.

Cape greko Cape greko has the visors on for the first time today and darryl Holland hops on for the first time and tries the all weather for the first time. Far too many unknowns in that first sentence to even consider backing it. Dwyer has ridden this several times so will know its limitations. Is another on his all weather debut. Hasn’t done a lot and clearly has had problems one to avoid in this grade against these animals. Rated 113 by timeform.

Da bookie Has come over from Ireland is having first run for paul blockley and its first all weather race. Jockey o’shea knows the horse well and has ridden several times over in Ireland. Not good enough. Rated 88 by timeform

Desert destiny Desert destiny holds momtic as mentioned above and is a leggy and useful 6 year old gelding. Was well regarded by trainer loder as a 2 year old but regarded as a bit of a playboy and definetly has temperament and attitude. Another on all weather debut. Mcevoy knows the horse well but as yet has been unable to bring him to the post in front surprise if he could get his act together after 240 days off . Rated 122 by timeform

Party boss Has 13 lengths to find with St Andrews. Has terrific all weather form but had been off a long time and before last run and may have needed it . clearly a decent animal but the form of its last 4 or 5 runs are not good I personally don’t think that even a return to his best all weather form it wouldn’t be good enough to take this

St Andrews Has a lot to find with momtic and although this track may suit its hard to fancy a horse that broke a fetlock joint and is running purely to pay its own way. Yet another on all weather debut.

Kilworth 220 days off and has had 2 all weather runs but Frankie wants this one and gets the nod ahead of the 2 other godolphin runners

summary

a very very trappy race and the safe option is to back momtic to be in the frame at around 1.9 on the exchanges. I think he will get the race set up for him as long as he handles the surface

Momtic William Jarvis has always thought highly of this animal and has dropped it in grade today. He always comes late from off the pace and paul doe gets on board for only the third time. He is making his debut on the all weather today. Momtic has 10.5 lengths to find with desert destiny over 9f at newmarket on soft ground and is 2lb worse off . holds party boss on form and St Andrew although he is 6lb worse off for this venture.momtic is a game horse but not a big one and although dropped in class I will be surprised if can give weight away to some of these. He is a decent animal and there is no doubt about that but every runner that bin suroor has put against it has beaten it so I like to think with the brains behind the godolphin camp paying attention to detail he will know exactly how to beat this animal. Frankie and mcevoy have rode this so will know its capabilities. Rated 121 by timeform.