** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13)

Thought id create a thread here dedicated to the Australian Football League (AFL) trade period which kicks of Monday October 9th and wraps up 2pm Friday October 13th. Always a pretty hectic week with most of the trades going down Friday afternoon right before the deadline. So lets kick off the silly season!! :loon

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13) News actually just in that Bret Thornton has quit Carlton. Apparently he is after a fresh challenge and wishes to go to Hawthorn. As a Carlton supporter, i am saddened by this news. He was basically our best backmen and now he is gone!! We better get something good for him thats all i can say. He is a great young player and will be missed

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13) Other strong rumours getting around include: - Peter Everitt looks certain to go to Sydney - St Kilda & Adelaide keen on Essendon's Jason Johnson - Fremantle trying to chase up Essendon's Dean Soloman - Ken McGreggor likely to quit the Crows and go into the pre season draft - Tall men Tim Notting & Beau McDonal likely to leave the Brisbane Lions - Andrew McDougall & Travis Gasper delisted from the Eagles Will post more as i hear them

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13) Oh and I also want to note that Adelaide are exhausting all options in a desperate bid to secure Carltons No.1 Draft Pick to use on young superstar Bryce Gibbs. Crows went through alot of trouble earlier in the year chacing Gibbs, his father played 251 in the SANFL and under the father son rule for Adelaide, for a player to be drafted to the Crows under the father son their father had to of played at least 200 games in the SANFL before Adelaide were introduced into the AFL in 1991. Unfortunately for the Crows, Gibbs had played 198 games and they just missed out. Watch this space

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13)

Terrible move by the Doggies.
Hardly!! Obviously only time will tell, (and depending on what picks are involved...no details yet...but I'd suspect a 2nd and maybe 4th round pick?)...but I'm prety happy with the situation. Forget the media circus and dramas...He had a personal situation with Matthews that got out of hand. Eade is one of the most personable (I'm sure that's a word! :D) coaches in the AFL (unlike Matthews who reportedly doesn't speak to them at all other than group training!)...I just can't see there being any off-field issues. He can certainly play the game!!...He will bring exposure (in a good way!)/sponsorship and attention to our club, and at the reported price ($450 k pa) that works well for me. Again, I will just qualify that depending on the draft picks involved...I'm certain it won't be a first rounder...even a 2nd and 3rd would be pushing it...but we'll soon see.

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13) I can't beleive the hype about Tarrant...and I DON'T understand West Coast being remotely interested!! Hanson, Staker even Hunter are far better same type of players... ...at the same time McDougal being linked to the Doggies worries me no end aswell!...

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13) The trade, the finer details of which are still to be finalised, will not involve an exchange of players and will include one Bulldogs' draft pick — a guarantee from the Dogs that at a minimum they will give up their second-round draft selection. The Bulldogs have left themselves with the trade-week flexibility to incorporate their current second-round draft pick in another trade provided, at the end of the week, they have a second-round pick available to trade to Brisbane. Thus, they could swap second-round picks with West Coast and tie in a later draft pick in exchange for Andrew McDougall. That deal would allow the Eagles to jump forward in the draft and mean the pick the Dogs offer Brisbane for Akermanis would slide back five places. If no other deal is done the Bulldogs' current second-round pick — selection 30 — will go to Brisbane. The Dogs have agreed to take over the full amount of the terms of the final year of Akermanis' contract as part of a new three-year deal. :eek :eek :ok Sounds like a GREAT deal early...We either get McDougal and Aker for giving up 1 second round pick and dropping down a few picks... ...or simply Aker for a single 2nd round pick!! Superb.

I can't beleive the hype about Tarrant...and I DON'T understand West Coast being remotely interested!! Hanson, Staker even Hunter are far better same type of players... ...at the same time McDougal being linked to the Doggies worries me no end aswell!...
Hunter goes alright but i'd still rather have Tazz :D

Re: AFL Trade Period (Oct 9-13) Latest whispers from day 2 of trade week: - Kangaroos keen on signing Richmonds Andrew Krakouer - Saints put Steve Milne on trade table but no club interested - Andrew McDougall looks set to leave West Coast to join Bulldogs - Chris Tarrant is likely to remain at Collingwood despite rumours linking him to WA - Several Victorian clubs chasing Adelaide's Luke Jericho - Essendon keen on Geelongs Steve Johnson - Chris Judd to remain at West Coast - Fremantles Greame Polak keen on a move to Carlton or Richmond - Adelaide's Hayden Skipworth about to sign for Kangaroos - Kangaroos Shannon Watt looks likely to be traded to Melbourne - Brisbane keen on Collingwoods Julian Rowe - Essendon keen on Collingwoods Jarrod Cloke

Latest whispers from day 2 of trade week: - Kangaroos keen on signing Richmonds Andrew Krakouer - Saints put Steve Milne on trade table but no club interested - Andrew McDougall looks set to leave West Coast to join Bulldogs - Chris Tarrant is likely to remain at Collingwood despite rumours linking him to WA - Several Victorian clubs chasing Adelaide's Luke Jericho - Essendon keen on Geelongs Steve Johnson - Chris Judd to remain at West Coast - Fremantles Greame Polak keen on a move to Carlton or Richmond - Adelaide's Hayden Skipworth about to sign for Kangaroos - Kangaroos Shannon Watt looks likely to be traded to Melbourne - Brisbane keen on Collingwoods Julian Rowe - Essendon keen on Collingwoods Jarrod Cloke
Some interesting names in that list, no real stand out players though. As always, most of the deals will be done on Friday so its just all talk at this stage

Hardly!! Obviously only time will tell, (and depending on what picks are involved...no details yet...but I'd suspect a 2nd and maybe 4th round pick?)...but I'm prety happy with the situation. Forget the media circus and dramas...He had a personal situation with Matthews that got out of hand. Eade is one of the most personable (I'm sure that's a word! :D) coaches in the AFL (unlike Matthews who reportedly doesn't speak to them at all other than group training!)...I just can't see there being any off-field issues. He can certainly play the game!!...He will bring exposure (in a good way!)/sponsorship and attention to our club, and at the reported price ($450 k pa) that works well for me. Again, I will just qualify that depending on the draft picks involved...I'm certain it won't be a first rounder...even a 2nd and 3rd would be pushing it...but we'll soon see.
Perfectly said Taza and I would love Aker at the mighty Magpies. He is a matchwinner and has a good 3 or so years left. Whatever he does off field should not reflect on his brilliance onfield. He is a proven big occasion player and his experience will be invaluable to the doggies. he cant afford to put a step wrong and he wont. he also has the ability to back up what he says he will do. Go Aker!! Agree with you about Tarrant he is overated! Cannot even average 2 goals a game yet as a forward. Makes me wonder why they havnt tried playing him away from a purely forward role. get him up the ground, or around the midfield, try him in the back half. he can mark, he can kick, he can tackle, he cant chase that well tho :loon I barrack for Collingwood and have seen a bit of Tarrant. Pies will never win anything with him and Rocca to rely on in our forward line. No good when pressure is on, grand Finals are testimony to that. Pies need to offload about 10 players if they want to win a Grand Final. We need players who can put their body on the line, we have few who do that. I would prefer Daniel Bradshaw or Brent Staker than Tarrant, still prefer Judd tho

- Saints put Steve Milne on trade table but no club interested
LOL!!.....Can't imagine why?! :lol :lol Yeah, there was a bit of talk early surrounding Bradshaw, Beejayville...but it seems to have quietened down. I think he'd be a very handy pick up too...but realistically he's one player right now that Brisbane can't afford to lose.