WWWLLL System

Another new system which I'd like to paper test is as follows: I had some success with this last season but I never actually recorded the results so I don't know exactly how successful it is, or whether I just got lucky.;) The selection method for this system is simple enough to follow so I might as well post the rules here as well. Using a newspaper which shows the form for the last 6 matches... The team is a selection if it has WON its last game AND at least 2 others (from the last 6 played) and the team is playing a team that has LOST its last game AND at least 2 others. Ie...WDWLLW Blackpool v Port Vale DLLDWL would be a qualifier WWWWLL Burnley v Preston LLLLLL would NOT be a qualifier There tends to be in the region of 5-10 qualifiers on a full fixture list. I am going to pick the 4 best priced qualifiers and do 4 Trebles and 1 4-fold (5 bets total). A week of 'typical' prices would yield a doubling up of the stake for 3 winners (ie around 10pts return) and somewhere in the region of 60pts return for all 4 winners (ie approx 12 times the stake). This means that we only need 3 out of 4 to come in every other week and we would be in the black (ideally to keep the bank ticking over whilst waiting for all 4 to be landed to provide a nice payout). The 4 games for this weekend are as follows (prices are with Paddy Power) : Cardiff (10/11) v Wolves Brighton (Ev) v Chesterfield Rochdale v Shrewsbury (13/8) Walsall (8/15) v Mansfield

• 2 weeks later...

Re: WWWLLL System I understand that the staking isn't to everyones liking but it gives a more regular return than just doing the acc. It works for me anyway :) 2 from 4 last time so no return = -5pts Saturday 14th October (Bets with VC) Portsmouth (10/11) v West Ham Preston (6/5) v Sunderland Boston (6/5) v Mansfield Hereford (6/5) v Darlington

Re: WWWLLL System Hi There Floorwalker, I like your system and was wondering if there are any online versions of newspapers or websites with the type of fixtures you use for the system,i would like to some extensive back testing! Thanks Habs

Re: WWWLLL System Hi HABS Thanks for the interest - like I say, it worked well for me last season and it would be great if someone could do some back testing. (just 2 from 4 again last weekend by the way :\ ) At the moment I use the Daily Mirror on a Tuesday and then go to Oddschecker to get the 4 best priced teams. I have actually got the same question as you - dont know if anyone else can help ? I had a real good dig around online and the best I could find was the WDL form for the last 5 games (not 6). Let me know if you find a good website and do some back-testing. Best of luck :ok

Re: WWWLLL System Hi Floorwalker,early days it might be but you can't beat a winning system!the stats you mention,are they the last six home games for the home team and last six away games for the away team?or is it for the last six matches each side has played both home and away?please could you explain this point? Thanks Habs

Re: WWWLLL System The form for the last 6 games is just for the HOME form of the home team and the AWAY form of the away team - should've made this clearer on the first entry :) Thanks Si for that site which has some excellent stats on it. It's still not what I'm after for this system though since you have to 'drill' into each individual game to see the WWWLLL bit for each team. What I'm after is a list of fixtures like this WWLDLL Liverpool v Man Utd LWDDWW LDWLWW Blackburn v Bolton LDDLLL etc etc...so that you can see at a glance which matches qualify. this weekends by the way look to be....Luton,Cardiff,Preston and Sunderland :ok

Re: WWWLLL System The H2Hstats site does have the full form listing but you have to view each match separately. How about: www.betdevil.net - need to register but at least it displays in the format you require, although I can only seem to list the last round of fixtures/results. www.todays-games.com - lists the last 4 match form, requires another click to show full form history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: WWWLLL System Can't you do this in excel? Just get a list of all the matches played in a season, put a column for form, then trim that to last 6 entries? If you can suggest a site that has an easily copied format - just the teams playing and W,L or D i'll try to see if i can come up with something. Then you just need to add the most recent games to your sheet for the current season.