Newmarket 30/09

bowles10

Re: Newmarket 30/09 3.45 Cambridgeshire SMART ENOUGH been touted all week. Available at 7's with Betfred which looks great value. Main concern is the low draw for me but if the horse is as good as they say it is then should be ok. also in th esame race, my old fav ACE OF HEARTS is 66/1 (tote) & i will still have a small interest in that one. George Baker rides the horse well.

Re: Newmarket 30/09 SKHILLING SPIRIT in the 455 for the reasons outlined in my NAP thread. Small each way on ANOTHER BOTTLE in the Cambridgeshire. If he can regain the form he showed earlier this year, he will be right in the mix for this. Has form on softish ground and worth a speculative bet at approx 40's

Re: Newmarket 30/09 3.10 just seen that 4 non runners now which means the price on Red Evie has gone very short around 13/8 joint with Alexandra goldrun. I can't see past Red Evie has progressed so much this season and can't stop winning no reason why she can't keep on winning again today.

Re: Newmarket 30/09 2.35. Having a small EW dabble on John Gosdens Iceman here. Yes looking at the form you wouldnt fancy it but I reckon the step upto a mile could well suit. Gosdens a shrewd man and wouldnt enter in a Group 3 for the hell of it. 4.20 Wide open race here. 7f should suit the consistent Baltic Belle who steps up a furlong here. Fairly well handicapped, Richard Hannon has enlisted the help of the in form McEvoy and they could well spring a shock here. Going EW to cover, have a strong fancy for this.

Re: Newmarket 30/09 My Newmarket fancies for today:

SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 Newmarket
SelectionRohaani (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date30/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 23.00 (Back)
ReasoningLooked like a smart prospect in 2005 and eventually got off the mark this year at York but on good ground and over an extra furlong. Jockey rates the horse and trainer is one of the best in the business. Still looks a progressive horse and now it has found a win can go on from here.
SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 Newmarket
SelectionFairmile (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date30/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 10.00 (Back)
Reasoning2 seconds and 2 wins from last 4 runs, ultra consistent lately. Always going to go for this race, gets a mile and quarter. Last defeat was more to do with not getting a run and always seems to travel well. Still improving, great chance today. Has won on soft ground.
SportHorse Racing
Event4.20 Newmarket
SelectionFractured Foxy (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date30/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 17.00 (Back)
ReasoningWon from out of the handicap, has won for todays jockey who claims 5lb and the horse is lowly weighted near the bottom of the handicap. Knows how to get its head in front with 3 wins already this year. Has won on soft which may be vital today, especially if there is more rain. Poor run over a mile but dropped back to 7f today and in with a great chance of winning. Odds dictate better value ew.
SportHorse Racing
Event4.55 Newmarket
SelectionMuzher (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date30/09/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 10.00 (Back)
ReasoningLooks a tricky ride, often pulling hard but highly thought of by connections. Richard Hills has a column on Ch4 text P558 and seems to fancy its chances. Course and distance winner and has won on soft ground twice at Newmarket. Has to be backed today, definite ew chance as only raised 3lbs. Has a topspeed rating of 110, highest in the race is only 114.

Re: Newmarket 30/09 Just going to give my opinion on the Cambridgeshire before I bog off to Ladbrokes. A very interesting fact which has probably been covered 20 million times on this forum is 15 out of the last 16 winners have carried less than 9st 5lbs. So going on this you can rule out Hinterland, Spectait, Stagelight etc. Based on previous races at Newmarket (yesterday especially), I can safely say a low draw doesn't really benefit any horses. I'm not a fan of middle draws either. All horses benefit from travelling against a rail in my opinion. So, I may go as far to say any draw up to 14, 15, 16 and maybe 17 can be ruled out. This leaves me with a few horses on my shortlist. Now I will rule out the ones from the shortlist which I think don't stand much of a chance. This leaves me with Fairmile. Blythe Knight, Illustrious Blue and Formal Decree. Take your pick from those four. I am going for both Formal Decree because he is in form and low in the weights and Blythe Knight, because he proved himself at the Lincoln in Redcar and has returned to from recently. If one of these two isn't near the top 5 I will eat my hat and my hat rack.