PL Backgammon Tourney

GaF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Backgammon Tourney

ul Slap ...... I'm all but through to the next round (though my opponent has decided to discon - I have 3 pips he has 33!!!!!)
That happened to me yesterday. Rather inconsiderate, since you have to wait several minutes for him to be timed out.

Re: PL Backgammon Tourney Theres a ranking scheme - that seems to be what people use to decide whether to play you at cash games or not..... From what I can gather, it moves the same regardless of stakes (but depending on opponents ranking, maybe) I get the feeling that there is an "opportunity" to play and deliberately lose at low stakes, then play against "bad" opponents for higher stakes (with your lower ranking :ok) ....... Bot certainb yet, but will be investigating further ;)

Re: PL Backgammon Tourney

Theres a ranking scheme - that seems to be what people use to decide whether to play you at cash games or not..... From what I can gather, it moves the same regardless of stakes (but depending on opponents ranking, maybe) I get the feeling that there is an "opportunity" to play and deliberately lose at low stakes, then play against "bad" opponents for higher stakes (with your lower ranking :ok) ....... Bot certainb yet, but will be investigating further ;)
Lulling them into a false sense of security is certainly one stategy .......................................... only problem is that i would be lulling them into a genuine sense of security :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Re: PL Backgammon Tourney Just a reminder GammonNightLive starts at 5pm BST today :ok I have made a little bit of money without having any real clue on optimal strategy and can see that I should be able to make big improvements to my game - looking forward to leaning from gammonNightLive and making even more money :-))