PL Backgammon Tourney

GaF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Backgammon Tourney

Have just been looking at this - http://www.bkgm.com/openings.html - some of the opening roll plays seem a bit counter intuitive to what I would do ..... :unsure
For example 5 and 2 - the suggested move is 13,8 and 13,11 - doesn't that leave you a bit exposed on 11? I always do 13,6 with 5 and 2 :unsure I definitely need to read a bit of strategy......

For example 5 and 2 - the suggested move is 13' date='8 and 13,11 - doesn't that leave you a bit exposed on 11?[/quote'] He needs to throw precisely 6-4 to hit you. I'm through to round 3. Opponent never turned up. Can I win this thing without playing a game, I wonder?

Reading through this and backgammon confuses the fcuk out of me.
Lol - you get back to your dinner mate :tongue2 Seriously though - I get the impression it's a lot simpler than poker - and the options each time are a lot more limited ..... unless the subtleties of it are REALLY going over my head

Which has a 1 in 18 chance of hitting ........ that's a 1 in 18 chance that you get a huge setback right at the start ........
But in exchange, you make 4-1 and 6-4 excellent throws for you on your next roll, which is a 1 in 9 chance.

But in exchange, you make 4-1 and 6-4 excellent throws for you on your next roll, which is a 1 in 9 chance.
Well 6-4 is a good throw for you without that piece on 11 ..... Came through that round - beat a player with over 1700 skill :loon

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Well said Staffy :lol :lol :lol
It's really not that complicated - it's just slapdash and I are good at making it sound that way :lol :lol :lol

Well 6-4 is a good throw for you without that piece on 11 .....
But not as good as it is when you do have a piece on 11. Also 1-1 is an even better throw now. The problem with moving from 13 to 6 is that having all your pieces on only a few points reduces your options in the future.