** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Sweden - Allsvenskan (30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2006)

Re: Sweden - Allsvenskan (30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2006)

Elfsborg had god defence, only 7 goals received at home and in last matches defenders play very well: 3-0 Hammarby 4-2 Malmo 3-0 Halmstad 1-1 AIK 2-0 Orgryte Osters is with one leg in Superettan, IMO they will relegated. Only 4 goals in 10 matches away and 7 loses. For me: Elfsborg to keep a clean sheet 2.05 expekt 7/10
+7.35 :ok

Re: Sweden - Allsvenskan (30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2006) I made a combo with Elfsborg and someone got to explain me why a team that fight for the title against a team that will probably relegate can't score at least once to get the three points!?The difference in strenght was huge....You saw norvegian Brann today?1-0 and 3 points!Me too got Swedish football on my black list and now rarely pick a game of their championships because I came to the same conclusion that they are unpredictable,but sometime I fall and like today I tried them again and it's a failure.... They are kinda.....lazy or just they don't care too much....?Help me to understand!:eek

I learned English in school, and cant remember the words 'luv', 'ya', etc As you probably can make conclusion, English is not my natural language, and I have problems sometimes to understand what are you natural English speakers saying, so you could make the same effort without making other people ridiculous.
You make a good point Djordje and I should remember not to use Aussie slang when writing in future else it might not make make sense to non english speaking people...Luv and ya isnt in the english language by the way, just slang of the words Love and You and never thought of the effect using slang could have, but now I know so thank you for that. And no I never realised that English was not your natural language by the way Djordje so thank you for making that clear too, you speak english very well by the way. Sounds like you have been offended by what I wrote Djordje so I can only apologise for that...I meant no offence to Aristoteles, on the contrary I find his posts quite intruiging it's just that I was having the same trouble as you said you had at times, not understanding what iwas written, so I was asking if he could explain...So apologies too to Aristoteles if he was offended by what I said. Aussies have a different sense of humour I am afraid Djordje and we tend to say it how it is and don't beat around the bush, it isn't meant to offend anyone, it's just so we know where stand with people...We are also guilty of having a warped sense of humour. Not sure what you meant by the ridiculous comment, but I could say I was offended by that, but it's water off a ducks back really...I wasn't trying to make Aristoteles look anything but what he is, a good tipster giving his reasonings...I don't things too seriously Djordje and consequently many little things amuse me and put a smile on my face, and this was one of them...In fact I did say I liked Aristoteles analogies just wasn't sure what he was meaning by it with the spirits etc, but Monty was nice enough to explain a bit for me which was helpful. Now I hope that is clear in a non english speaking way, I meant no offence whatsoever to Aristoteles and apologise for anything that you may have found offensive and can we move on?

Cheers Bee.. Our friend Aristoteles sounds much, much better in Italian, believe me. He is very good tipster btw. In this "case" babelfish or some other translator is quilty as charged, as usual...
Cheers Monty and thanx for the help. I have some Italian friends here and many times we cannot understand each other at times with our different languages, and that's part of the fun sometimes ;) Thanx for letting me know of the different cultures that read in the forum, help for the future because I never considered it before. Australians have their own English anyways and it is mainly using slang words, so will have to keep that in mind when writing posts in future.

I'm sure our mate Beejay didn't wanted to make Aristoteles sound ridicolous. Anyway I hope that the effort that we,not english speaking,are putting to explain our concepts the best possible way are appreciated....:unsure
Well said Dan and they are much appreciated and while I couldn't understand some of Aristoteles's expressions, I could certainly understand his tips and they always appear to be fairly well spot on and always look forward to reading them.

You make a good point Djordje and I should remember not to use Aussie slang when writing in future else it might not make make sense to non english speaking people...Luv and ya isnt in the english language by the way, just slang of the words Love and You and never thought of the effect using slang could have, but now I know so thank you for that. And no I never realised that English was not your natural language by the way Djordje so thank you for making that clear too, you speak english very well by the way. Sounds like you have been offended by what I wrote Djordje so I can only apologise for that...I meant no offence to Aristoteles, on the contrary I find his posts quite intruiging it's just that I was having the same trouble as you said you had at times, not understanding what iwas written, so I was asking if he could explain...So apologies too to Aristoteles if he was offended by what I said. Aussies have a different sense of humour I am afraid Djordje and we tend to say it how it is and don't beat around the bush, it isn't meant to offend anyone, it's just so we know where stand with people...We are also guilty of having a warped sense of humour. Not sure what you meant by the ridiculous comment, but I could say I was offended by that, but it's water off a ducks back really...I wasn't trying to make Aristoteles look anything but what he is, a good tipster giving his reasonings...I don't things too seriously Djordje and consequently many little things amuse me and put a smile on my face, and this was one of them...In fact I did say I liked Aristoteles analogies just wasn't sure what he was meaning by it with the spirits etc, but Monty was nice enough to explain a bit for me which was helpful. Now I hope that is clear in a non english speaking way, I meant no offence whatsoever to Aristoteles and apologise for anything that you may have found offensive and can we move on?
We can surely move on :ok c ya around ;)

I made a combo with Elfsborg and someone got to explain me why a team that fight for the title against a team that will probably relegate can't score at least once to get the three points!?The difference in strenght was huge....You saw norvegian Brann today?1-0 and 3 points!Me too got Swedish football on my black list and now rarely pick a game of their championships because I came to the same conclusion that they are unpredictable,but sometime I fall and like today I tried them again and it's a failure.... They are kinda.....lazy or just they don't care too much....?Help me to understand!:eek
Know exactly what you mean Dan as I did the same thing with Elfsborg and AIK..I would have thought that 2 teams at the top of the ladder nearing the end of the season would be fghting hard to win to secure the title...If teams that have to win cannot win against teams on the bottom of the ladder, what hope have you got? Ads reasoning for taking Osters worked out after all as they would have been great odds for the +1 Said last time this happened that I would not be betting on Scandinavian Leagues again, but I got enticed, but now I am banning myself as they are too inconsistent, and odds are always crap too for the favourite team.

We can surely move on :ok c ya around ;)
Cheers Djordje thanx for that :cheers Not sure if I will see you around in here thoough Djordje cos Swedish Leagues are killing my A League profits and I am off them now :rollin Working on my Aussie slang too so I don't get picked up by you guys when posting in the A League forum :loon

Cheers Djordje thanx for that :cheers Not sure if I will see you around in here thoough Djordje cos Swedish Leagues are killing my A League profits and I am off them now :rollin Working on my Aussie slang too so I don't get picked up by you guys when posting in the A League forum :loon
No probs mate, I'm not usually in these threads neither, just popped up today to cause some troubles :rollin

AGREE!!!!! When we do not understand, we ask!!!! Thats life. Never try to dig whats in other ppl brain, thats human!!!! Very good attitude and thats what a forum for. Cheers!!! :cheers

Re: Sweden - Allsvenskan (30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2006) Sheesh, what is happening in here people!!! Djordie over reacts to an innocent post made by Beejay and all of a sudden the gloves are off and its on for young and old!! :loon Im glad everyone has now made up, so lets get on with posting what we are here for, and thats football! Quite a few upsets last night in the Swedish league, how can you possible pick consistent winners in this league?!?! I hope a few others took my advice with Osters having a chance over Elsborg, anyone who got them on the AH well done!! Nothing in this league shocks me anymore :wall

Re: Sweden - Allsvenskan (30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2006) As a moderator here, I feel responsible to react if I think that somebody was offended. I thought Aristoteles might be offended with Beejay's comment and that's the only reason why reacted. Was that Beejay's intention - definately wasnt, but I didnt know that before his reply. There's no problem between Beejay and me, everything was sorted in this thread and by PMs. No big deal, no need to discuss on this matter anymore. @arneko_fe For my few years here on PL, I had problem with other members only twice (one was Torquay fan offended with my pick against Torquay, another one was Wigan fan, same situation) before role with you in Spanish thread few days ago, so if you think I'm arrogant bastard or that I'm acting like cop here because of my moderator status, you are wrong mate. It wasnt necessary from you to post in this thread trying to prove that I was wrong again, but you are surely allowed to do that.

Re: Sweden - Allsvenskan (30th Sept - 2nd Oct 2006) I do not have time with you and I'm not your mate!!!!! I saw something which I like and respect, I voice it out. Thats all my intention, you do not have to point it at me. Ignore me if you like to and obviously I'm ignoring you!!!